College Football 2020: Buzz about spring football season- “Expect news to break soon” | Page 10 | The Boneyard

College Football 2020: Buzz about spring football season- “Expect news to break soon”

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
All of these adults are doing the talking but what about the actual kids who are putting their lives at risk? I know they aren't professional athletes but let's be honest, they basically are minus the money. I wonder where they stand in regards to going out there and "navigating through the virus" and dealing with an outbreak in a locker room......a locker room.....let that set in. A room of 80 kids exposed to a deadly virus just so some old guys can pound their chests and say "look at us! We spit in the face of this virus and will play knowing we'll have issues we'll deal with! Heck, I'm not out there, thank god!"
A lot of kids want to play- most really. As kids, they don’t see the risk. And so far the data is pretty clear that the overall risk to people under 30 is on the lower side.

At some point we will have to decide what an appropriate level of risk is for all kinds of situations in society going forward and to that end I think we need another couple of months of a data.

Reaction Score

>>The NCAA Division I Council, a 40-member decision-making body made up of key college athletics figures, could lift a nation-wide moratorium on on-campus summer activities, multiple sources told Sports Illustrated, creating a pathway for schools to welcome back their athletes as soon as June 1. The ban, triggered in March amid the coronavirus outbreak, expires May 31.

Council members have three options. They can keep campuses shutdown completely by extending the ban, an unlikely ruling, according to people knowledgeable about the discussions; they can open campuses for voluntary training (without coaching interaction); or they can grant required training (with staff interaction). Members are in somewhat agreement on allowing voluntary access, but they plan to get feedback from coaches and administrators over the coming days.<<

Reaction Score
Well....I won't worry about the virus and FSU defensive backs...I can not remember them getting within six feet of another player in a game.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Wow that’s interesting. I know they’re expecting the second wave in the fall but.. not sure how making the choice to be online only after thanksgiving helps now? In theory it could always be adjusted as needed, I’m just surprised to see that

Reaction Score
Wow that’s interesting. I know they’re expecting the second wave in the fall but.. not sure how making the choice to be online only after thanksgiving helps now? In theory it could always be adjusted as needed, I’m just surprised to see that

It's a smart move. The virus thrives in cold weather so get the first semester in before it gets cold.

UCONN should give this serious consideration. Start the fall semester two weeks early if it helps.

Reaction Score

They have a rudimentary enough understanding of human nature that tells them Thanksgiving, a holiday known for having large family gatherings often comprised of people traveling from all across the country spending hours upon hours in a cramped house together, is going to be a thousand “super spreader” events just waiting to happen.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They have a rudimentary enough understanding of human nature that tells them Thanksgiving, a holiday known for having large family gatherings often comprised of people traveling from all across the country spending hours upon hours in a cramped house together, is going to be a thousand “super spreader” events just waiting to happen.

Spring classes often start 2nd or 3rd week of January. Go home for thanksgiving, get through Christmas and New Year's and still have about 14 days of separation.
If I'm a parent with a kid going to school, what I really want to know is what type of testing and reporting are required before they go back to school in January.

Reaction Score
It is a smart move. Minimizes the spread of kids going back and forth between school and home. Actually, virus or no virus, I would have loved this for my kids who both went away to school too far to drive. I spent a fortune flying them back for Fall break, T'giving and then for Xmas break every year.

Reaction Score
They mentioned this in the SI Dellenger article a page or so back USCe appears to be the first to pull the trigger. Marquette also leaning that way.

Reaction Score

Governors of CA and NY today both were very open to fan-less sporting events in their states in the near future.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maybe this doesn't belong here....but worth noting

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Maybe this doesn't belong here....but worth noting

In other words, the AAC can re-institute a CCG without a waiver when ECU dissolves their athletic dept.?

Reaction Score
In other words, the AAC can re-institute a CCG without a waiver when ECU dissolves their athletic dept.?
I heard that Western Dakota State University is looking for a bid to a power 6 conference.

Reaction Score
Cuomo said he has been encouraging major sports teams to plan reopening their seasons without fans. The games can be televised and the economic impact would be positive, he said.

“New York state will help those major sports franchises do just that,” he said. “Hockey, basketball, baseball, football, whoever can reopen we’re a ready, willing and able partner.”

Looks like we will see some televised sports..

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Cuomo said he has been encouraging major sports teams to plan reopening their seasons without fans. The games can be televised and the economic impact would be positive, he said.

“New York state will help those major sports franchises do just that,” he said. “Hockey, basketball, baseball, football, whoever can reopen we’re a ready, willing and able partner.”

Looks like we will see some televised sports..

Tax revenue. Got to have it. Athletes pay big taxes and thats not forgotten.

Reaction Score
A lot of kids want to play- most really. As kids, they don’t see the risk. And so far the data is pretty clear that the overall risk to people under 30 is on the lower side.

At some point we will have to decide what an appropriate level of risk is for all kinds of situations in society going forward and to that end I think we need another couple of months of a data.

Yup, more data will help. Is this virus any more dangerous than the common flu for college age kids? We can't function as a society without taking some risk.

Reaction Score
Yup, more data will help. Is this virus any more dangerous than the common flu for college age kids? We can't function as a society without taking some risk.

It’s not necessarily only the college age kids (in and out of athletics) that require a safe managed medical risk environment but moreso the folks around the edges of the programs that are not college age and the broader local community.

If you haven’t had a chance to read this yet - it’s worthwhile:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom