College Coaching Carousel - Version 2017 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

College Coaching Carousel - Version 2017

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Chip Kelly still lives in New Hampshire?

Yes. My neighbor has a place in Portland ME and ran into Kelly the other day.

Reaction Score

What a mash of things they've made for themselves. That kind of move on Schiano just slammed a bunch of other doors shut and quite possibly leaves them open to a lawsuit by Schiano. Weak sauce by the AD by being unprepared to handle a little message board madness.

Reaction Score
That would be interesting (I think he could pull it off).
Interesting, but MS State's certainly a massive challenge in the SEC West division with Bama, Auburn, and LSU. Setting the latter considerations aside, Starkville symbolizes a whole lot more about Mississippi State than just its' location. 1 brief visit's more than enough!

If MS State's snooping around with Moorhead's reps, perhaps Tennessee sniffs him out as they throw out feelers to everyone and the kitchen sink. Not that Tennessee's current hiring situation isn't a cluster-mess or Moorhead's even been mentioned as a possibility, but Knoxville easily trumps Starkville. And, the SEC East's generally been less challenging than SEC West.

Reaction Score

Regarding Nebraska, in Mike Ridley they are paying out almost 15 million!

Per Riley’s contract, he is due $170,000 per month until the end of his deal — Feb. 28, 2021 — which is more than $6.6 million if Riley, 64, doesn’t take a different coaching job. The man who hired Riley, Shawn Eichorst, is receiving a $1.7 million buyout because of his firing. That’s all on top of the $6.54 million buyout received by Bo Pelini, who was fired by Eichorst after the 2014 regular season. Pelini still gets paid by NU through February 2019. Riley likely will for years to come.

Also, Diaco must be out, Trent Brey, linebacker coach is the current interim head coach.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
100%?
as official as it can be without signing anything yeah.

If that were to somehow fall through (not happening) it'll be Fuente from VT.

Reaction Score
Tennessee has turned its coaching search focus to Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy. Three sources told me UT has interviewed Gundy, perhaps in Dallas. UT offered Gundy in 2012 but he said declined.
If nothing else, Gundy's mullet is a good cultural fit with much of Tennessee and many Volunteeers' fans. On the other hand, Gundy's rep may be just using Tennessee to gouge OK State for more dinero.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom