College Coaching Carousel - Version 2017 | Page 15 | The Boneyard

College Coaching Carousel - Version 2017

Reaction Score
wes rucker on Twitter
Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt has declined Tennessee's four year $5 million offer to be next #Vols head coach. Talks broke down when Pruitt wanted to coach at Alabama throughout playoffs. The search goes on for #Tennessee.

Tenn is offering their HC a little over $1 million per year?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
That's what they pay their coordinators. I'm sure that's per year.

On a side note, wouldn't you want to get started on recruiting immediately? Unless there is a significant bonus associated, I don't see why you'd care that much to continue coaching for your old school.

Reaction Score
Malzahn being on the hot seat was just an SEC team being dumb. He's been great at Auburn. It's impossible to keep a job in that darn conference when you're always compared to Saban!
As previously implied, good luck convincing many big Auburn donors, season ticket holders, alumni, students, and other fans Malzahn's been great. 8, 9 or 10 win seasons don't define their great. Beating Bama + 10 other wins and a decent bowl win or better equals War Eagle (or Gators, LSU, or even UGA) great. Different world, culture, and ball game!

Reaction Score
Salary alone in name perhaps, but clearly not total comp and not accounting for home, cars, incentives, annuities/ retirement, other bonuses, etc.

Reaction Score

Good coach...I like this choice..too bad it took them this long to make this decision

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
We're one step closer to Jeff Fisher--Head Coach. Come on, baby!! He'll find a way to go 7-9 in CFB somehow.

Does anyone have that Jeff Fisher decision tree chart?

ETA: i found it

CXaW5flWwAAnkWh.jpg

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
SMU ended up with one of the better hires.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Didn't even realize Breiner had left. Interesting move for him going from Fordham to QB coach at Miss State. I'd heard talk of him replacing Moorehead at PSU. I guess if Miss State is good enough he'll slide into the OC spot there in the near future. I kind of liked him to be our HC at some point...he wasn't ready yet when we were hiring last year, but I'd like to see it down the road.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom