Cole....Defense? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Cole....Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cole took 13 shots. And Jackson only 1. Can't really compare them.

I get it he isn't the only one that went hitting. But he was dominating the ball and the shots and especially at crucial times. You win as a team and you lose as a team. Cole takes the lions share on the blame imo.

Reaction Score
Our 2nd scorer should be a big. Our 3rd scorer should be RJ. He should only be taking open looks and not forcing up crap. He drew a bunch of fouls today but nothing he put up in the paint was remotely close. RJ should shoot open shots and play defense. Carlton, whaley, Sanogo, Akok when he’s back should be our 2nd scoring option
The main issue is nobody wants to take shots right now. Maybe throwing the ball in to the post to Whaley or Sanogo changes things but right now everyone other than Bouk/Cole are complacent offensively

Reaction Score
Cole is averaging over 10 shots per game and a 6/4 assist/turnover ratio.

Some of this falls on the coaching staff - if you’re going to start him at point, at least hold him accountable for running the offense.

Reaction Score
Cole is a losing player and not good.

Polley needs to be our 2nd scoring option.

AJacks needs more time at the expense of Adams and Martin.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Announcers made a point of those being the first 2 FTs he missed this year. Should have pointed out how rarely he gets to the line Pior to today, he was 4 for 4 on the season - all in the first game.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Cole made two big scoring plays later in the 2nd half. That’s hoops. If he doesn’t make those plays, he probably isnt at the foul line later and we lose in regulation.

Reaction Score
He needs to remember he's a point guard, not a shooting guard.
Bouk should be our point. He has to have the ball in his hands. Gaffney is like the backup qb who you put in and tell to just hand the ball off. I thought for most of the game RJ's d was really good but he's not a very good run the offense pg.

Reaction Score
Two huge misses. But we’ve been recruiting well so shouldn’t complain obviously. But man oh man
Yup, it’s a process to improve the talent. But Cole is a huge disappointment so far (and not just cuz he missed the FTs today).

Reaction Score
Cole 2-13, 2-8- 3. Missed FT’s in critical moment. I don’t like to pin blame on 1 player but....

Reaction Score
Never been a fan of Cole. Missed 2 free throws that lost us the game. Overtime shot a couple 3's that were bricks. Gaffney deserves his minutes.
A lot more went into this lost and you can not put the blame on one player. Overall, I lived the defense by Cole and the Huskies

Reaction Score
For those who think Cole is so great. Explain the 3 point bricks he threw up in ot. Bad shots. Could work offense instead chucked it up. I still think he is not good. I don't agree with you people who think he is better than gaffney. My opinion.

Reaction Score
Easily the worst point guard play I have ever seen.
Cole can launch from 3 because nobody is covering him, nobody is covering him for a reason.
When Cole drives to the basket , he can only go left and shoots into the opponents armpits.
Gaffney dribbles around with no purpose, and can't make an open basket.
But the coaching in this game was a fiasco....like looking at "chickens with their heads cut off" for the end of the game.

Reaction Score
I miss quick UConn guards. Got a lot of slow or tentative guys at the 1-2. If Bouk was unavailable we’d score about 40 pts.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I don't know if Gaff has it to overtake Cole
Gaff would of made those two three throws. I guess I see things differently. He missed two critical free throws. Make 1 and and we were semi secured. After those two missed free throws I forgot about his other play. Oh I remember in the first 10 minutes he was jacking threes.

Reaction Score
if this game is Martin’s version of “fine” then he needs to go back to RI.
(And take all of our guards with him besides Bouk)

Tell me what he did wrong??? He doesn’t get the ball our guards don’t create. He rebounded hard, he played good D even after 2 very fast fouls . Help me understand how you could focus on him after this loss?

Last edited:

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I believe Jalen Gaffney is going to step up to be leading PG for this team. Kid is reliable under pressure. Taliek Brown will take him under his wing and teach him.

Reaction Score
garbage take
Really? Garbage take?

The post was about DEFENSE.

Preseason BE POY was 4-14, 1-8 from 3.

Cole was on him the majority of the game.

Say what you want about him O, but dude D’d up (up until the last few possessions)

Foot in mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog