Cobb Suspended | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Cobb Suspended

Reaction Score
The fact that he couldn't even tell you were being sarcastic shows how detached from reality he is.

Hurgh? What? I couldn't tell he was being sarcastic about Ollie being a bum because in my reality I think Ollie is a bum? Your logic has crossed wires.

The fact I couldn't tell that was sarcastic is because the same thing has been said seriously on these boards, and it matches with the tenor of the hatefest (of which you are a part) and even more obviously, 8893 even cites the atmosphere in the very post you're responding too!

To top it off, there's a post right below 8893's which shows there are really people here who would make 8893's post without sarcasm!!

Are you saying that they are deluded? The Ollie haters are deluded is what you're now saying?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He is an academic at a state university who looks at who "likes" posts. He is beyond detached. He believes his own BS.

Your pal was so PO'd in April of 2014 that he didn't show his face here for a year! I'm glad I will never be like you two, ever!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You should know better. Ollie won a title but there is no way to say Hobbs or someone else would not have been equally or even more successful.
Actually there is no way to say anyone else would have done the same.

The thing that gets me is the selective memory by many here. Nobody seems to remember how connected to each individual player KO was during that run. Nobody seems to remember how fully he was able to read the pulse of the team and each critical situation.

That run wasn't completed by one of the UCLA teams (which normally had three or four first team all Americans) from the late 60's or the 1976 Indiana Hoosiers. A very limited, very incomplete team kept beating teams most experts claimed were too strong for us.

I will go so far as to wager against any other coach (Jim Calhoun, Pitino, Donovan, even Danny Hurley) getting a title out of that team.

Yes, the past few years have been terrible. That can stand on its own, we don't need to belittle what he accomplished in 2014 in order to claim what has happened since is unacceptable.

Reaction Score
Hurgh? What? I couldn't tell he was being sarcastic about Ollie being a bum because in my reality I think Ollie is a bum? Your logic has crossed wires.

The fact I couldn't tell that was sarcastic is because the same thing has been said seriously on these boards, and it matches with the tenor of the hatefest (of which you are a part) and even more obviously, 8893 even cites the atmosphere in the very post you're responding too!

To top it off, there's a post right below 8893's which shows there are really people here who would make 8893's post without sarcasm!!

Are you saying that they are deluded? The Ollie haters are deluded is what you're now saying?

I am saying you will look to respond to any post and defend Ollie, even if the post you are replying to was clearly made in jest. The rest of your post is just a bunch of incoherent babble.

Reaction Score
Doesn't Ollie live in Glastonbury? Why would he be trolling around WeHa late night? they're not exactly next door to eachother

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Doesn't Ollie live in Glastonbury? Why would he be trolling around WeHa late night? they're not exactly next door to eachother

Really? I can get from Glastonbury to "WeHa" in about 15 minutes. It's really not a stretch of the imagination that he would make that trip. I travel further to buy cannoli...

Reaction Score
Your pal was so PO'd in April of 2014 that he didn't show his face here for a year! I'm glad I will never be like you two, ever!
Which "pal" exactly are you referring to? I don't consider any of you dopes a "pal". There are a select few people on here that I associate with in a more "personal" nature outside this board and I seriously doubt you know who they are.

And, exactly what does this have to do with me and 2014 or with you and being detached and delusional? By the way, based on how much you post here, I am now even more convinced about government inefficiency. That my tax dollars pays your salary saddens me. That SUNY Buffalo is one of the better options for NY kids saddens me. What I wouldn't give to have a UConn in this state!!! Instead, I get places like SUNY Buffalo and SUNY Stony Brook employing people like you.

Reaction Score

I imagine the nightlife is a little bit more happening in WeHa than Glastonbury

C

Chief00

"The suspension stems from an exchange of words between Cobb and coach Kevin Ollie when Cobb was removed from the game against ECU Saturday, a source said.

The incident happened just before halftime and Cobb did not play in the second half."

UConn Suspends Eric Cobb From Basketball Team

Yep, there were also words the WSU game - so it was a pattern.
Dom is a little too dramatic for my tastes bringing various players into this story and reciting every little deviation from norm behavior this season. After-all they are 18-22 year olds. Cobb though deserved what he got.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I imagine the nightlife is a little bit more happening in WeHa than Glastonbury
I have seen espn personalities hanging around the Center. It's about the only option for decent food, drinks and ladies. Russilo and SVP used to joke about it a lot on the radio.

Reaction Score
In 'Weha' center* I'm partial to the Irish pub, McLadden's. The center is literally 3 miles from the home I grew up in. Grant's is OK. I'm not in town very often, though, so never ran into any "celebs." :cool:

*Didn't know until this thread that people called it 'weha'.
"Weha" was coined by anorexic, upper middle class, west hartford, range rover driving soccer moms who run late for yoga class because the vegan restaurant was so crowded.

I cringe everytime I hear WeHa. I don't even tell people I live in west hartford anymore. I just say Elmwood.

Reaction Score
You can't really have watched the last 2 seasons and not observed a huge change from 2012-2014. The first two years KO could inspire and motivate. None of that is present anymore. You can try to deny it all you want, but it's right in front of you.
The change was called Bazz as in Napier

Reaction Score
Really? I can get from Glastonbury to "WeHa" in about 15 minutes. It's really not a stretch of the imagination that he would make that trip. I travel further to buy cannoli...
That is a Connecticut world view. If you live in Glastonbury you can find whatever you need or if you can’t you can go to ZPortland. If Portland doesn’t have it you can damn well live without it.

Reaction Score
That is a Connecticut world view. If you live in Glastonbury you can find whatever you need or if you can’t you can go to ZPortland. If Portland doesn’t have it you can damn well live without it.

I live in Glastonbury, there is plenty to do here, but people have different preferences. If KO prefers going out in West Hartford, thats his perogative.

There's not much happening in Portland, although the Winchester Cafe has some great live music. It's a hidden gem due to the biker bar exterior.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

What are you, from the Stone Ages?

"If you can't find it in your town, stay inside and watch Jeopardy, damn it!"

This board is beyond insane...

Reaction Score
Let's see. Kevin Ollie was 52-18 in his first two years as head coach and won a National Championship. He is 24-24 over the past two seasons and likely won't even make the NIT for the second straight year. You don't think his performance/effectivness has fallen off substantially? You can't really believe that.

I didn't say any of that and don't know why you wrote that. Nor does it have anything to do with what Noenox and I were talking about.

Reaction Score
Which "pal" exactly are you referring to? I don't consider any of you dopes a "pal". There are a select few people on here that I associate with in a more "personal" nature outside this board and I seriously doubt you know who they are.

And, exactly what does this have to do with me and 2014 or with you and being detached and delusional? By the way, based on how much you post here, I am now even more convinced about government inefficiency. That my tax dollars pays your salary saddens me. That SUNY Buffalo is one of the better options for NY kids saddens me. What I wouldn't give to have a UConn in this state!!! Instead, I get places like SUNY Buffalo and SUNY Stony Brook employing people like you.

Thanks for your money. I gave some to a homeless person today. They enjoyed it too.

Now, I'm referring to the person you're referring to above. LOL. Follow along.

Reaction Score
I am saying you will look to respond to any post and defend Ollie, even if the post you are replying to was clearly made in jest. The rest of your post is just a bunch of incoherent babble.

Clearly made in jest. Then you have posters saying the same thing straight non sarcastically right below. Posters like you have said similar things repeatedly on this board. Even 8893 referenced that fact in the original post.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Has anyone else noticed that the team is playing much better without Cobb? Is this a coincidence or was he messing up the entire flow of the game and KO'S game plan with his selfish play? I say KO keeps him on the bench 95% of the time if he ever comes back. We are clearly doing just fine without him.

pj

Reaction Score
Chief00 - You were planning to use mercenaries to counter protesting feminists? Buying them beer? Sounds like a strategy for a riot doomed to go down in a blaze.

Sounds to me like something Shakespeare could turn into a dozen marriages.

Reaction Score
Has anyone else noticed that the team is playing much better without Cobb? Is this a coincidence or was he messing up the entire flow of the game and KO'S game plan with his selfish play? I say KO keeps him on the bench 95% of the time if he ever comes back. We are clearly doing just fine without him.
It wouldn’t surprise me if we never see Cobb again. Like you said, the team doesn’t miss his play and this may be the first year in a while where we could use an extra schollie.

Reaction Score

Cut the crap out. I went to med school at SUNY. Its one of the best bargains out there. SUNY is a driving engine for the local economy. If there r no SUNIES n its affordable education. Upstate NY will look a lot like rural Pennsylvania

Reaction Score
It wouldn’t surprise me if we never see Cobb again. Like you said, the team doesn’t miss his play and this may be the first year in a while where we could use an extra schollie.
He has no other choices, its UCONN or dropping out of school. In some ways, I want him to finish this yr academically and come back next with a better head on. He was and still is the most talented big at UC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom