Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 36 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That doesn't mean we can't come back and pony up a little more for assistants though...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Inevitably, you have a sense of how your choices rank before you even start interviewing. If you think you've already seen the best guy, you offer him and nab him before he gets away.

If we want Narduzzi to show us commitment by accepting quick, we need to show him commitment by offering quick. Note - this could have already happened - I would hope that using an executive search group means taht our offer will only leak if it is accepted.

Depends really. It may not be a 100% analogy, but I'll tell you...just to tell you.

I was buying a new (well certified used) SUV a few years back. I knew exactly what I wanted (age, make, model, price range, mileage range, features, etc.). The only question was from which dealer would I purchase. I searched online and found 4 vehicles all within a similar price and mileage ranges). The first one I checked had a dog smell, The second was a non-starter from the beginning. I was about to sign on the dotted line at the 3rd dealership and my wife and I walked out. The car was newer, less miles, and just a tad more expensive, but not out of our price range. It just didn't feel right. I ended up buying my SUV at the fourth place. Goes to show that you should really weigh all the options available at the time.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Still holding out hope.

Football scoop threw crap against the wall the other night.

Reaction Score
You know, in the fog of war truth is always the first casualty.

But why, why, why, why is UCONN so god damn awful about managing its perception?

Reaction Score
That doesn't mean we can't come back and pony up a little more for assistants though...

Exactly. Narduzzi has the leverage now and he will not have it in the future. If the only issue is asst pay, then a deal will get done.

Reaction Score
Am I remembering wrong, or did they report that Clawson declined the Wake offer at first, too, before coming back saying he accepted?

I can believe it's assistants money. That's totally a UConn style. Pay the head guy the big bucks to get the attention, but skimp on the detail.

Reaction Score
2Infinity gets the award for worst timed post of the year... :(
Time to fire the PR firm! :cool: Actually, it's very likely that the news came from Narduzzi's side...so I guess the PR firm did their job "as best they could". The news itself though.... does suck!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Who knows what's going on....could be a negotiating tactic....could be a stall tactic. WM may be pushing for an answer and PN pushes on assistant dollars to get WM to go back and ask for more funding. While WM is asking for more for the assistants, PN's agent is working the lines to see if the Mack Brown resignation will result in a positive chain reaction for PN. That is a better push from PN's side than "we can't answer right now because we are waiting to see if something better comes up".

Who knows.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Am I remembering wrong, or did they report that Clawson declined the Wake offer at first, too, before coming back saying he accepted?

I can believe it's assistants money. That's totally a UConn style. Pay the head guy the big bucks to get the attention, but skimp on the detail.
I think Lembo might have declined Wake's low-ball offer.

Wasn't there an issue with asst. coaches pay with the Hathaway search?

Reaction Score
Exactly. Narduzzi has the leverage now and he will not have it in the future. If the only issue is asst pay, then a deal will get done.

I just refuse to believe both sides walk away over that part of the negotiation. It tells me PN got a number for himself he was comfortable with and would want to come here at that number but naturally wants to look out for his guys. Warde wants him too - if he wants him bad enough and is serious about fixing this thing then I have to imagine we can find more cash for assistants.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Only a matter of time before Lembo was announced as coach of Wake, too. I'll wait it out a little more.

Reaction Score
Narduzzi's people want to wait and UConn doesn't want to wait. It's not over assistant's pay.

Move on.

If it were me, I'd go after Diaco or Herman, and then if that didn't work, hire Weist.

I agree with this. If Narduzzi wanted the job he would just make a counter offer for more staff pay. He did us a favor by not dragging it out.

Reaction Score
If I'm Warde, I don't want to futz around at this point. They aren't hiring a top dog regardless, there's no point in becoming known as a guy who initially lowballs people. UConn has to come at this in good faith, and leave it at that. If they're bargaining, it's not a good sign.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The report cannot be completely true, based on what we already know.

If we already know that PP was making 1.7 million, and if it is true that we made Narduzzi an "aggressive" offer (which by definition would have to be much more than we paid our recently fired coach), then he would have been making more than D'Antonio. So either the report is not completely true, or the story about the assistants' salaries isn't true. One or the other...

Reaction Score
football scoop makes it sound like the leaks are coming from UCONN.

Scoop Staff ‏@footballscoop 9m
That's the word from UConn RT @uconn51590: know for any other reasons besides the assistant coach money that Narduzzi turned down job?
Expand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler