Coaching openings | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Coaching openings

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Oh, a snide one/zinger from South Beach? :cool:;)
That said, was there anyone you had in mind? Or just a general bomb thrown up the state capitol on behalf of Katie Meier?
I really like the hire - it was an obvious one and just surprised it wasn't finalized before the retirement announcement.
The comment was aimed at a poster maybe on AZ State thread who felt teams were making poor hires to save money rather than trying to steal coaches from other P5 programs.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Read speculation that former Texas A&M associate head coach, Kelly Bond-White will be hired as Southern Illinois' new head coach.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Just a great excuse to post this old logo :p

85fedaf51079712f2ce549b881242015.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
WOW...............that is something.

Isn't this the AC who took offense to VanDerveer's comments prior to the Texas - Stanford match up?

I have no idea... not really sure what all of that was about.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I for one ABSOLUTELY ECHO Tara's comments and concerns and they aptly apply to Coach Abe now at Georgia. Basketball is designed to be free flowing game of movement and not constant blocking, grabbing and pushing. The goal as if Ms. Shaeffer wasn't aware, is to put the ball in the basket and not be physically assaulted every time you try to do that.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well crap

I couldn't be more pleased to see Beth get a HC gig again. She looked comfortable on the sidelines when she spelled Coach Lawson for a few games. Go Beth! (Wonder if she'll give any of the recent ND transfers a call?)

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I really like Coach Plitzuweit; watching South Dakota advance in the NCAAT and hearing both she and her players handle themselves at the press conferences was impressive. I hope Coach P has much success at West Virginia...and I'm thrilled she's going to get an opportunity to coach at a big-time program.

Reaction Score
So, with all the P5 positions now filled, who do we think are the winners/losers?

In the winner category, I would vote for Illinois and WVU.

For losers, Oklahoma State and Arizona State (I'm actually a Delaware alum and a Coach Adair fan, but I don't know how her record at UD translates to a P5 job).

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am curious now who gets the SD job as they have had remarkable success replacing each of the last 3 coaches. Talk about a dynasty…

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Wow Guess Coach Mac stays at BC. I like this hire
I like this hire, too.
Re: Coach Mac staying at BC -- she may be staying but where are her players going? Both starters and subs are in the portal? From a 20+ win team?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom