• PAC Arizona St (retired)
Illinois?
Pitt?

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
  • PAC Arizona St (expected to retire)
Huh? CTT is thinking of retiring? I know she's been there a long time but she's not THAT old. She is the face of Arizona State WBB.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
55 years old
Interesting. I wonder if due to their last few years of less than stellar seasons, less than great recruiting, And oh yeah, a certain close proximity school who has now passed them in results and prestige has the school athletic department exerting any pressure on her. What do you think VG? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Interesting. I wonder if due to their last few years of less than stellar seasons, less than great recruiting, And oh yeah, a certain close proximity school who has now passed them in results and prestige has the school athletic department exerting any pressure on her. What do you think VG? :rolleyes:
Dunno. Could be tired? She took a season off a year or 2 ago?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Dunno. Could be tired? She took a season off a year or 2 ago?
I don't recall her taking a hiatus.

McGraw's retirement seemingly came out of nowhere. Sometimes a coach is just ready to be done with the stress and daily grind I imagine. Not everyone has the desire to keep doing it well into their 60s.

Reaction Score
In her retirement announcement press conference she mentioned her parents are in poor health. Also wants to spend more time with her family.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
In her retirement announcement press conference she mentioned her parents are in poor health. Also wants to spend more time with her family.
Ah, the old trite of “spend more time with my family”…:D

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Ah, the old trite of “spend more time with my family”…:D
Well, call me trite, but after two years of COVID and 6 years of insanity in the world, family matters more to me now than it ever did. They aren't calling it the Great Reassessment for nothing. If CTT has banked enough for early retirement, I tip my hat to her. Her teams weren't always the best to watch but I genuinely sensed her players liked playing for her, and she developed a (unique) system that maximized the outputs of good but not amazing D1 players.

During a really rough stretch for PAC10-then-12 women's basketball in the late oughts and early teens, ASU was one of the few bright spots, and that is to her credit. So best wishes CTT, and hopefully ASU can find someone to step into her pretty-big shoes.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Huh, thought she did. But she did take off 2011-12 for 'sabbatical.'
Yes, that is probably what you are thinking of. I remember as that was our first season out here and of course she wasn't on the bench when they came to play Arizona.

My wife and I have always had a warm spot for CTT - she was very supportive when the Imus incident happened, gathering numerous professorial signatures to a statement of support. Earlier that season, RU did not require a forfeit when ASU couldn't play their game in a destination tournament due to the death of a family member (I think a player's sister) at the tournament. Rutgers simply did not show up for the game either.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Gracious of Josh Whitman to allow Fahey the "retirement" exit stage left. She was "his hire", whom he brought over from his previous AD job at Washington U, and I'm sure that's why she got the extra-long 5-year leash despite such paltry results.

Rough to a coach leave the job that made her a HOF'er just to spend 5 seasons gaining zero traction. It happens.

Reaction Score
Texas A&M is the only Big Money school I see that can afford to "buy" an established coach away from a power money school.

What established coaches might move for big bucks? If any?

Reaction Score
A&M is the only Big Money school I see that can afford to "buy" an established coach away from a power money school.
What established coaches might move for big bucks? If any?
Kim Barnes arico perhaps?
Naz is graduating
Not sure she can win it all at Mich

Main question would be culture fit

Reaction Score
I think it's a no brainer that Syracuse hires Felicia Legett-Jack. She's from here, she just had her jersey retired by the school, and she has done great things with Buffalo. Her first stint in a P5 at Indiana was a disaster, but recruiting will be much easier for her at Syracuse.

If they don't go that route, they should go after:
1. Meghan Duffy
2. Carla Berube

Reaction Score
Naz is graduating

Culture fit? Did Dawn fit at SCar when hired? Nope, she made it fit.

Nape, Michigan has some bucks too but Aggie sometimes pays crazy money.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Gracious of Josh Whitman to allow Fahey the "retirement" exit stage left. She was "his hire", whom he brought over from his previous AD job at Washington U, and I'm sure that's why she got the extra-long 5-year leash despite such paltry results.

Rough to a coach leave the job that made her a HOF'er just to spend 5 seasons gaining zero traction. It happens.
She was a legend here in St. Louis. I'm also glad she was allowed to retire.

Reaction Score
Naz is graduating

Man......................I don't like the idea at all. Culture fit will be a big piece but I can't see her leaving after getting Michigan to this point. Nor do I see Michigan willing to let her go without a fight.

Sure Naz is graduating, but she's got a decent 2022 recruiting class and another high prospect big coming in for 2023. Phelia was a pleasant surprise at guard this year and will get better over time.

Reaction Score
Man......................I don't like the idea at all. Culture fit will be a big piece but I can't see her leaving after getting Michigan to this point. Nor do I see Michigan willing to let her go without a fight.

Sure Naz is graduating, but she's got a decent 2022 recruiting class and another high prospect big coming in for 2023. Phelia was a pleasant surprise at guard this year and will get better over time.
The question was what top coach could be lured to TAMU?
Most of them are pretty strongly tied to the school as an alum or being from the area, or what they’ve built so far. I don’t see them leaving — Geno Frese wesM dawn Walz Vic Mulkey Tara Moren bluder graves.

So who does that leave (in terms of existing established coaches) that might consider it?

(And yes they could hire an asst or lower tiered HC too)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom