Coaches show in 20 minutes. Injury updates ? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Coaches show in 20 minutes. Injury updates ?

Reaction Score
We got another source-off!!!
Interesting but a little dated wouldn't you say? Anyway, I see no need to defend the opinions of the medical experts quoted in this book by Sinek and if you were to peruse it. You would clearly see that they have substantial credentials and credibility.

The left brain/right brain dynamic is not a new medical discussion. It's been around for quite awhile.

The fact that you're attempting to diminish the credibility of the author because of his vocation rather than his informed knowledge of the topic(from medical experts) is simply.. Left brained.. You're not looking at the Big Picture.

As any good attorney will tell you .If you do enough research on an opinion to support your intended position on behalf of your client, you can find it.

A good mental exercise to expand the plasticity of the brain. Learn.Unlearn.Relearn. Give it a try. Builds new neural pathways.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Interesting but a little dated wouldn't you say? Anyway, I see no need to defend the opinions of the medical experts quoted in this book by Sinek and if you were to peruse it. You would clearly see that they have substantial credentials and credibility.

The left brain/right brain dynamic is not a new medical discussion. It's been around for quite awhile.

The fact that you're attempting to diminish the credibility of the author because of his vocation rather than his informed knowledge of the topic(from medical experts) is simply.. Left brained.. You're not looking at the Big Picture.

As any good attorney will tell you .If you do enough research on an opinion to support your intended position on behalf of your client, you can find it.

A good mental exercise to expand the plasticity of the brain. Learn.Unlearn.Relearn. Give it a try.
I don’t think you meant to respond to me. I have no dog in this fight; I’m just stirring the source-off pot.

Reaction Score
I see your reference to a motivational speaker with no scientific training that I know of, and I raise you an actual study.

Refer to response sent to 8893 somehow by mistake.

Reaction Score

A good mental exercise to expand the plasticity of the brain. Learn.Unlearn.Relearn. Give it a try. Builds new neural pathways.
In the interest of brevity I probably wasn't specific enough in my comment. There is of course tons of scientific credence to the idea that different areas of the brain are specialized for different functions. I have not read the work you are referencing, but I suspect the author cites science that addresses this localization of brain function. What he can not have done is reference reputable scientific sources that take the next step and assert that individuals are "left-brained" or "right-brained" due to increased activity on that side of the brain resulting in exaggerated personality traits. He can't make such references because they do not exist, to my knowledge. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

This is a beautiful example of new age pseudoscience. A layperson takes some actual science and then draws his or her own conclusion from it. Just because their source information is accurate does not mean their conclusion is. These people need to be called out as frauds, not lauded and given TED talks.

TL;DR: Specialized functions in certain brain areas: real. Individuals being right- or left-brained: not supported by any known evidence.

Reaction Score
In the interest of brevity I probably wasn't specific enough in my comment. There is of course tons of scientific credence to the idea that different areas of the brain are specialized for different functions. I have not read the work you are referencing, but I suspect the author cites science that addresses this localization of brain function. What he can not have done is reference reputable scientific sources that take the next step and assert that individuals are "left-brained" or "right-brained" due to increased activity on that side of the brain resulting in exaggerated personality traits. He can't make such references because they do not exist, to my knowledge. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

This is a beautiful example of new age pseudoscience. A layperson takes some actual science and then draws his or her own conclusion from it. Just because their source information is accurate does not mean their conclusion is. These people need to be called out as frauds, not lauded and given TED talks.

TL;DR: Specialized functions in certain brain areas: real. Individuals being right- or left-brained: not supported by any known evidence.
Discussion is over. Let's talk BB . We agree to disagree. Let's move on to the OP.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
People remember they’re on the basketball board right?
Some people can't even remember that they said they didn't want to derail the thread, but, to be fair, that was a couple of hours and a page ago, and a lot has happened since then.

EDIT: Oh wait, we might be back on track.

Reaction Score
Some people can't even remember that they said they didn't want to derail the thread, but, to be fair, that was a couple of hours and a page ago, and a lot has happened since then.

EDIT: Oh wait, we might be back on track.
I have no problem admitting that I am in no way averse to derailing the thread!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He deleted everything.
Never forget.

37A3A747-84B4-4127-B8DA-EC5466F3B4B0.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads