Coaches show in 20 minutes. Injury updates ? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Coaches show in 20 minutes. Injury updates ?

Reaction Score
"let's go Adama"

Hope the big fella has a great game against his other suitor.
I really want him to go off against Seton Hall. Would feel great having a recruit we won have a huge game against a team that didn't get him. I remember watching Diamond Stone a few years ago have his best game (at that point in the year) against us and just being so frustrated we didn't land him. How little I miss those days where we couldn't get a rebound to save our life.

Reaction Score
While I do think bouk is coming back soon - one thing that backs up Chiefs point is -why isn’t Hurley saying what any normal coach would say about a players injury ? something to the effect of : “James’s rehab is progressing nicely , we expect him back soon , he can’t wait to get out there and help this team” - why not say that ? Why the secrecy ? Maybe bouk really does have handler’s in his ear telling him not to play and he’s trying to balance what they’re saying with him wanting to get back out on the court and not let his teammates down - maybe he wants to hold off till late February and play as little games as possible without risking further injury but be there for the team come post season - who knows ? this is all so mystifying. I mean just look at the poll that was posted yesterday - half BYers think he might come back tomorrow for seton Hall and half think he’s taken his last shot as a husky. people said he was shutting it down for the year a few weeks ago and I thought it was some kind of sick joke -but now things are getting a little strange. I mean, cmon , this really can’t happen -Can it ?

I agree, That's why I don't support or watch the mens program anymore too much drama. I strictly watch the our girls play. Coaches want more fans in the stands but they don't give a damn about the fans.

Reaction Score
I agree, That's why I don't support or watch the mens program anymore too much drama. I strictly watch the our girls play. Coaches want more fans in the stands but they don't give a damn about the fans.
Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nailed it.

Especially this season.

Thank you for your interest in Connecticut Basketball.

Reaction Score
While I do think bouk is coming back soon - one thing that backs up Chiefs point is -why isn’t Hurley saying what any normal coach would say about a players injury ? something to the effect of : “James’s rehab is progressing nicely , we expect him back soon , he can’t wait to get out there and help this team” - why not say that ? Why the secrecy ? Maybe bouk really does have handler’s in his ear telling him not to play and he’s trying to balance what they’re saying with him wanting to get back out on the court and not let his teammates down - maybe he wants to hold off till late February and play as little games as possible without risking further injury but be there for the team come post season - who knows ? this is all so mystifying. I mean just look at the poll that was posted yesterday - half BYers think he might come back tomorrow for seton Hall and half think he’s taken his last shot as a husky. people said he was shutting it down for the year a few weeks ago and I thought it was some kind of sick joke -but now things are getting a little strange. I mean, cmon , this really can’t happen -Can it ?
You're really reaching here. We're at 4 weeks of an injury that was expected to take 4-6 weeks to recover from. Yesterday Dan Hurley publicly said he'll have missed anywhere from 4-7 weeks when he comes back. So you're upset that instead of saying the exact words of he'll be back soon he only implied he's progressing and will be back soon

Reaction Score
Don't understand why people are upset at Hurley? You aren't paying to expect to see someone play, who ends up not playing... its purely strategy to kneecap the opponents game plan. I care more about a win instead of whether Bouk plays.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
No. Do you? Amazing how fixated Get A Job's posse is on form when there are so many other unusual styles displayed on the BY.

Staccato sentences are concise and focus the reader on content because there are no unnecessary words to obscure meaning.

Do you prefer legato?
Stylistic tics and flourishes can be fun; yours more often impede the flow of your thoughts and lead to less clarity. This would seem to run contrary to your stated intention to be content-focused.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You're really reaching here. We're at 4 weeks of an injury that was expected to take 4-6 weeks to recover from. Yesterday Dan Hurley publicly said he'll have missed anywhere from 4-7 weeks when he comes back. So you're upset that instead of saying the exact words of he'll be back soon he only implied he's progressing and will be back soon
Intentionally or not, Hurley has been far from a model of clarity on this, and I think that's what has some people confused and others frustrated.

At first it was a nothingburger; then we found out about the surgery after the fact and it was reported to be 2-4 weeks; then it was 4-6 weeks; then it was "you'll see him when you see him" and "anyone's guess"; and yesterday it was 4-7 weeks.

Reaction Score
Not really trying to box Hurley in at all. Just find the whole situation a bit strange. First , he gets hurt and then comes back into game for final 5 mins against marq. Then a week goes by and he’s a game time decision fir DePaul. Then he suddenly has surgery. 2-4 week timetable. Then, he’s out out on court dribbling around in warmups a few days later. Then the “he’s played his last game at UConn” starts- then it’s 4-6 weeks till he’s ready. Then yesterday Hurley remains fairly vague and says 5,6,7 weeks - Now if Hurleys just not tipping his hand And showing a little gamesmanship for the next couple opponents-, I love it - but I don’t think that’s the case here. he doesn’t really owe us anything for the most part -but to me it’s just a gut feeling something doesn’t add up. I guess we could beat our heads into a wall to try to figure out when he’s coming back- oh well we all want the him back man -,it’s been too long already but I guess coach knows best. Sorry “8893”. Didn’t mean to repeat what you just said but I was actually typing all this then saw your post LOL

Reaction Score
Stylistic tics and flourishes can be fun; yours more often impede the flow of your thoughts and lead to less clarity. This would seem to run contrary to your stated intention to be content-focused.
First time I've seen a semi-colon from you! Stated intention was aspirational and with your guidance and constructive criticism as a foundation I am hopeful I will --one day-- reach some semblance of your status as a respected BY literary critic.

In the meantime, I'm sure you and the guys will try to convince me of the wisdom of the Left Brain path of looking at punctuation.

Reaction Score
Intentionally or not, Hurley has been far from a model of clarity on this, and I think that's what has some people confused and others frustrated.

At first it was a nothingburger; then we found out about the surgery after the fact and it was reported to be 2-4 weeks; then it was 4-6 weeks; then it was "you'll see him when you see him" and "anyone's guess"; and yesterday it was 4-7 weeks.
I guess, I just think all that confusion has been largely coming from people on this board. I haven't found Hurley's comments to be particularly hard to follow and my expectations from listening to his comments of when I expect to see Bouknight back hasn't changed since the day the injury happened.

I'm not going to call them out here, but there's been a handful of posters that a ton of people trust that have been endlessly driving this Bouknight will never play for UConn again narrative into the ground. Even when Hurley said last night the 4-7 weeks comment they turned it into the same baseless drivel. That's where this mass confusion is all coming from

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
wait, whut? you don't support or watch my favorite sports team, and now only watch the greatest ladies team franchise ever, led by the greatest ladies team coach ever?
u have low standards.
ok, i guess 'to bun or not to bun' can be riveting thread fodder.
on the udder hand, and while 'what to watch' is a personal choice, that 'support' stuff is
a bad look.
be advised;

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't understand why people are upset at Hurley? You aren't paying to expect to see someone play, who ends up not playing... its purely strategy to kneecap the opponents game plan. I care more about a win instead of whether Bouk plays.
That's the bottom line....we need wins against the BE "tourney" teams if we hope to make the Tourney. Bouk or not our body of work needs work....we're hanging our hat on USC & BE road wins vs the bottom of the league.

Reaction Score
That's the first time in my life I've ever seen someone say that teenage and college age girls have less drama than teenage and college age boys! ?

Reaction Score
You aren't paying to expect to see someone play, who ends up not playing
if you're a UConn fan going to a home game i agree but we cant speak for everyone. i'd pay to see a lot of individual college players as opposed to their teams as a whole e.g. cunningham, sharife cooper, mobley, (bouknight if i were neutral).

put another way, an away game featuring UConn would have been more likely to sell out with bouk playing than without. UConn, PC, and Creighton are probably the only BE teams from a smaller city/town where a majority of the people root for them. the other BE citites are huge and have a lot of fair weather fans with multiple rooting interests, so lots of people there might pay to see bouk when he's in town as opposed to the home team.

in the nba, individual superstar players are definitely a bigger draw than the teams and i've been screwed several times by teams resting the stars when i go

Last edited:
Reaction Score
First time I've seen a semi-colon from you! Stated intention was aspirational and with your guidance and constructive criticism as a foundation I am hopeful I will --one day-- reach some semblance of your status as a respected BY literary critic.

In the meantime, I'm sure you and the guys will try to convince me of the wisdom of the Left Brain path of looking at punctuation.
I know this is a totally "left brain" type of thing to say, but that "left-brain, right-brain" business has very little scientific validity. Just saying...

Reaction Score
I know this is a totally "left brain" type of thing to say, but that "left-brain, right-brain" business has very little scientific validity. Just saying...
Kind of surprised at your response. Nevertheless, a popular book that discusses this issue is" Start With Why" by Simon Sinek. An author/lecturer that created a following as a result of his famous TED talks presentations. In the aforementioned book in Chapter 4 titled "This Is Not Opinion, This is Biology" it discusses, among other things, the roles of left and right brain functionality/orientation re: decisions people make and how they're influenced.

My personal opinions are shaped by many other medical experts. This happens to be a more contemporary perspective that a casual student could absorb. If you are employed in the Real Life business world, this book would be recommended reading .Figured you, Hans or Lurker could do some forensic fact checking to validate.

Don't want to derail OP. Enough said.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here’s some input from various posters...

“Ok. Here’s the deal with Bouknight:
he wants to play and I have no idea if anyone is advising him to sit but if so he is not listening to that.
He is practicing now, just not full contact. He wants to be back for the seton hall game but Hurley is intent on him having a few full contact practices first. Like it or not, Hurley doesn’t want to play anyone if they don’t have a few real practices first. Expect him back for Providence game.”

“I can guarantee you I have more information on this subject than you’ll ever have access to. Stop spreading BS that you know nothing about. I have more than 1 inside connection with the program and the target as of right now is to have him try to go for 10-15 mins on 2/6 against Seton Hall. I don’t really care who you are or who you think you are. Shut your mouth if you don’t know what you’re talking about which in this case, you don’t.”

“Bouk will be back this year. Just heard it from the man himself. One of my roomates coincidentally met him last year and they’re “friends”, which is a loose term. He was just on FaceTime with him in my living room yesterday and he told him that he’ll be back “before March madness”. Which I took to mean that he’ll be back this year without giving too much information.”

And let’s not ignore his coach basically saying he’s good to go anytime in the next 3 weeks.
So..., it's a definite maybe?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Husky Hunches" sounds like a branding opportunity.
Ag Department used to market Husky Haunches every time a horse died. It didn't do well.

Reaction Score
Kind of surprised at your response. Nevertheless, a popular book that discusses this issue is" Start With Why" by Simon Sinek. An author/lecturer that created a following as a result of his famous TED talks presentations. In the aforementioned book in Chapter 4 titled "This Is Not Opinion, This is Biology" it discusses, among other things, the roles of left and right brain functionality/orientation re: decisions people make and how they're influenced.

My personal opinions are shaped by many other medical experts. This happens to be a more contemporary perspective that a casual student could absorb. If you are employed in the Real Life business world, this would be recommended reading .Figured you, Hans or Lurker could do some forensic fact checking to validate.

I see your reference to a motivational speaker with no scientific training that I know of, and I raise you an actual study.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We got ourselves a source off.

Bad Girl Fighting GIF by Justin
We got another source-off!!!

My personal opinions are shaped by many other medical experts. This happens to be a more contemporary perspective that a casual student could absorb. If you are employed in the Real Life business world, this book would be recommended reading .Figured you, Hans or Lurker could do some forensic fact checking to validate.

I see your reference to a motivational speaker with no scientific training that I know of, and I raise you an actual study.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom