Coaches show in 20 minutes. Injury updates ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coaches show in 20 minutes. Injury updates ?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Prequalifier.. I have no idea about the Bouk situation. As a coach of an ascending BB Program. As you recruit more talented players of the caliber of Bouk..This "stuff" is going to happen. You've got to be able to manage/adjust to it because it is one of the benchmarks of a Program that says. You're elite and we(the NBA) want your guys.

With the talent DH/staff are bringing to Storrs. Once again. This is going to continue to happen. It legitimizes what you're trying to build.

As a CBB fan. A UConn fan. It gets in the way of our personal enjoyment. But these kids and their families are realizing lifetime dreams by moving on. Maybe JC had this figured out a long time ago.

Hope we can enjoy Bouk once again on the court when he's healthy.
Do you (and Grey Goose) do this crazy staccato, incomplete sentence thing when you talk? Or only when you type?

Reaction Score
Bouk will be back.....earliest will be the second providence game on the 16th latest G’town on the 24th.

Reaction Score
Alas, Hurley may have alluded to the topic of Bouk returning.
Hence, it's possible DH may not have entirely eluded the subject.
No clue nor interest in whatever Crispino may have alluded to nor stated.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Come on now , to me bouk seems like a great teammate and a great kid - he wouldn’t do that to his team - it is an elbow for god sake‘s -his left elbow in his non-shooting arm - I can maybe slightly see if it was an injury to a super important part of his body -like a knee or maybe broken wrist in shooting hand - but come on - left elbow out fir the year? He was running around and dribbling in warm-ups like five days after the surgery- Bouk will be back within a week or two - you guys are alarmists - on another note JB Miight go down as my favorite UConn player of all time , per fewest minutes played. Kids a Baller - finish up the final stages of your healing process and let’s all appreciate and enjoy the last month and a half of hoops you’re going to give us in a Uconn uniform. Get em JB! (Ps: he’s back for providence next sat-is my new prediction- lol)
Yeah its not like a pair of strained testiculos!

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I feel like we’re going to look back in a few years and wonder what could've been with Bouk’s time here. I think he could’ve been a solid all american this year.

I must be an overachiever because I’m already there. No one in the program can let themselves feel this way, but they can’t hear me now, so... just imagine what this group could have been with no injuries, extra practice time in the summer, and that international trip. That’s dark (but basketball dark, not real life depressing), and no one cares. Not your opponents, not the people who just see the record and don’t know the details, no one. Just keep playing.

Reaction Score
I must be an overachiever because I’m already there. No one in the program can let themselves feel this way, but they can’t hear me now, so... just imagine what this group could have been with no injuries, extra practice time in the summer, and that international trip. That’s dark (but basketball dark, not real life depressing), and no one cares. Not your opponents, not the people who just see the record and don’t know the details, no one. Just keep playing.
We're more injured than anyone and have been for many years but everyone is dealing with Covid and nobody got to take the team building trips this summer. It sucks but it is what it is.

Reaction Score
We're more injured than anyone and have been for many years but everyone is dealing with Covid and nobody got to take the team building trips this summer. It sucks but it is what it is.

I thought I was pretty clear, but perhaps I wasn’t. I’m not comparing the team to others this season. I was merely pondering what could have been in a closer to ideal season.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
That would hurt our chances this year, but it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he sat even if he was cleared.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hey management! i vote no! on the goofy iballs in the thread title, or any such gimmick, cuz if that thing takes off, well, pretty soon the thread board will look like a mess. it'll look like a kid who got carried away with the 'stickers' thing.
too busy.

Reaction Score
This is not succeeding as well as he could. Teams do in-depth background checks on top draft picks. I can tell you, this isn’t helping him at all. NBA teams don’t want a guy sitting due to a personal agenda.
NBA teams might disagree with that statement

20210204_213033.jpg

Reaction Score
This is not succeeding as well as he could. Teams do in-depth background checks on top draft picks. I can tell you, this isn’t helping him at all. NBA teams don’t want a guy sitting due to a personal agenda.
James Wiseman sat last year after he was eligible to return from his suspension. He was drafted #2 overall.

Reaction Score
I thought I was pretty clear, but perhaps I wasn’t. I’m not comparing the team to others this season. I was merely pondering what could have been in a closer to ideal season.
Does Bouk play another game as a husky?

Reaction Score
Does Bouk play another game as a husky?
Here’s some input from various posters...

“Ok. Here’s the deal with Bouknight:
he wants to play and I have no idea if anyone is advising him to sit but if so he is not listening to that.
He is practicing now, just not full contact. He wants to be back for the seton hall game but Hurley is intent on him having a few full contact practices first. Like it or not, Hurley doesn’t want to play anyone if they don’t have a few real practices first. Expect him back for Providence game.”

“I can guarantee you I have more information on this subject than you’ll ever have access to. Stop spreading BS that you know nothing about. I have more than 1 inside connection with the program and the target as of right now is to have him try to go for 10-15 mins on 2/6 against Seton Hall. I don’t really care who you are or who you think you are. Shut your mouth if you don’t know what you’re talking about which in this case, you don’t.”

“Bouk will be back this year. Just heard it from the man himself. One of my roomates coincidentally met him last year and they’re “friends”, which is a loose term. He was just on FaceTime with him in my living room yesterday and he told him that he’ll be back “before March madness”. Which I took to mean that he’ll be back this year without giving too much information.”

And let’s not ignore his coach basically saying he’s good to go anytime in the next 3 weeks.

Reaction Score
Nothing hurley said made it seem like bouk wasn’t coming back. I actually feel more confident that he is coming back because hurley didn’t say if or maybe he said when.
Maybe his advisors just want him to be fully medically cleared and that’s their hesitation??

Reaction Score
Do you (and Grey Goose) do this crazy staccato, incomplete sentence thing when you talk? Or only when you type?
No. Do you? Amazing how fixated Get A Job's posse is on form when there are so many other unusual styles displayed on the BY.

Staccato sentences are concise and focus the reader on content because there are no unnecessary words to obscure meaning.

Do you prefer legato?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom