Coaches show in 20 minutes. Injury updates ? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Coaches show in 20 minutes. Injury updates ?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We're never going to get an answer from Hurley and our other reporters will never ask,

What's the deal with Jackson and Akok? How did Akok get injured? Are either one of them playing this weekend and going forward?

Is UCONN going to change the way they handle someone testing positive for the cerveza sickness?

UCONN is allowing friends and family members of players to attend the games, when will average fans be allowed in?

Reaction Score
What's the deal with Jackson and Akok? How did Akok get injured? Are either one of them playing this weekend and going forward?
Akok got a bruised shin in practice. Jackson should be playing this weekend.
UCONN is allowing friends and family members of players to attend the games, when will average fans be allowed in?
Next year

Reaction Score
Thanks @navery12 for the answer so far, but there are other parts to the question as to what 'play on' really means. If you have 5 players are you required to play games, ie play on? Is it 6 players? 7? Is it your choice? Could a team have 4 centers and a PF available and need to play on? Are we referring to games or just the ability to practice? Is this CT Health dept, ncaa, big east?

Reaction Score
We're never going to get an answer from Hurley and our other reporters will never ask,

Is UCONN going to change the way they handle someone testing positive for the cerveza sickness?

just speculating here but Akok had a very serious injury that I do know something about. That can sometimes take up to a year to get back to being able to walk normally, never mind play high level basketball. My guess is that he simply wasnt ready to return. Probably hurt himself as a result of favoring the injured leg. I’d be surprised to see him for more than a bit part this year. Certainly it is unlikely he will return in a “starring role.” Some people never fully recover depending how severe the injury was.

Reaction Score

Find out next week on "Days of Our Huskies."

Reaction Score
Thanks @navery12 for the answer so far, but there are other parts to the question as to what 'play on' really means. If you have 5 players are you required to play games, ie play on? Is it 6 players? 7? Is it your choice? Could a team have 4 centers and a PF available and need to play on? Are we referring to games or just the ability to practice? Is this CT Health dept, ncaa, big east?
I believe this is all specifically related to testing for the NCAA Tournament in Indiana, this was the NCAA that came up with these rules. So it's not an in season thing where it would affect pauses or Big East games as far as I can tell

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
just speculating here but Akok had a very serious injury that I do know something about. That can sometimes take up to a year to get back to being able to walk normally, never mind play high level basketball. My guess is that he simply wasnt ready to return. Probably hurt himself as a result of favoring the injured leg. I’d be surprised to see him for more than a bit part this year. Certainly it is unlikely he will return in a “starring role.” Some people never fully recover depending how severe the injury was.

Agreed. A "shin injury" with someone coming off of a torn achilles is a problem. It's like a pitcher with an aching lat, it may be hurt due to compensating for something else hurt.

Reaction Score
FYI. Doctor Hoop replies under "Akok?" OP might shed additional light on this if interested.

Reaction Score
Find out next week on "Days of Our Huskies."
No doubt that UConn has been the exact opposite of "no drama" this season.

How boring it will be to just play basketball at some point.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
No. Do you? Amazing how fixated Get A Job's posse is on form when there are so many other unusual styles displayed on the BY.

Staccato sentences are concise and focus the reader on content because there are no unnecessary words to obscure meaning.

Do you prefer legato?

Why didn't you just link this article if you were going to lift Bridgett Sumner's exact words?

Reaction Score
While I do think bouk is coming back soon - one thing that backs up Chiefs point is -why isn’t Hurley saying what any normal coach would say about a players injury ? something to the effect of : “James’s rehab is progressing nicely , we expect him back soon , he can’t wait to get out there and help this team” - why not say that ? Why the secrecy ? Maybe bouk really does have handler’s in his ear telling him not to play and he’s trying to balance what they’re saying with him wanting to get back out on the court and not let his teammates down - maybe he wants to hold off till late February and play as little games as possible without risking further injury but be there for the team come post season - who knows ? this is all so mystifying. I mean just look at the poll that was posted yesterday - half BYers think he might come back tomorrow for seton Hall and half think he’s taken his last shot as a husky. people said he was shutting it down for the year a few weeks ago and I thought it was some kind of sick joke -but now things are getting a little strange. I mean, cmon , this really can’t happen -Can it ?

Reaction Score
Why didn't you just link this article if you were going to lift Bridget Sumner's exact words?

Lurker. As always. You're right on top of the forensic IT situation with insights. I really didn't think anyone would read my response to 87X(other than him) and thought I would simply state what I found on this particular subject. I debated as to whether to put quotes on that sentence but concluded that we were not that formal on the BY through my observations of many other posts/replies from BYers. For example, GIFers don't always give credit to their sources when displaying their content.

Is it possible on occasional replies that a BYer could be technically challenged in a way that they simply want to put information out there for the interested party?

Your constant oversight is making me a better person in the make believe world of the BY and for that I am thankful.

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think he’ll come back sometime in February, but I also can see the point @Chief00 is making. If this was a normal injury Hurley would have handled it like a normal injury. Something else is going on.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I was just going to post this! ! We would all be ecstatic if he was active for the Hall! Andre out there too.
I was trying to figure out how recent that video is.... I. Noticed that Andre has a wrap on that wrist so it's got to be recent - not the cast.

Reaction Score
I was trying to figure out how recent that video is.... I. Noticed that Andre has a wrap on that wrist so it's got to be recent - not the cast.
This fits into the timeline that Bouk posted earlier on IG this week which showed him in practice clothes taking shots presumably. And it sounds like Hurley is prepping and amping them up for a game, presumably Hall, so I would guess this is from yesterday’s practice.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
This fits into the timeline that Bouk posted earlier on IG this week which showed him in practice clothes taking shots presumably. And it sounds like Hurley is prepping and amping them up for a game, presumably Hall, so I would guess this is from yesterday’s practice.
Also I know that Hurley definately wants several full contact practices before returning a player into games ... so its coming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom