Clingan update 1/1/24 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Clingan update 1/1/24

Reaction Score
Samson used his springs today on defense to show devastatingly quick he is off the ground and how high he gets. Through in those quick shots from 5-8 feet he’s taking now and he’s killing it. Just needs to work on his rebounding and he will be a hell of a player.
Samson blocked four shots and changed numerous others. He may not be getting defensive rebounds but he is creating rebounds.

Reaction Score
I really hope we get to see this team whole by the middle of February. With the way SJ looks and how much SC is going to improve I agree with a few of the other posters, this team is dangerous. I don’t think we are going to see DC until mid February. And I am ok with that. He has to put himself first. I hope that does not mean sitting out the rest of the season but those decisions have to be based on what’s best for him long term.

I would love to get him back for the next DePaul tuneup on Feb 14th which leads into the tough stretch of our schedule.

Reaction Score
I can't tell if this is serious. Someone help me out
Pretty sure it is. This place is the worst.

Yes, he lifts. All the players have their weight training scheduled with coaches pretty much every day they have a practice, along with other sessions that aren't with a practice. It's all scheduled.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Pretty sure it is. This place is the worst.

Yes, he lifts. All the players have their weight training scheduled with coaches pretty much every day they have a practice, along with other sessions that aren't with a practice. It's all scheduled.
I promise all the players don’t lift. Not saying Donovan is part of that group, but famously lots of basketball players do not touch weights.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I promise all the players don’t lift. Not saying Donovan is part of that group, but famously lots of basketball players do not touch weights.
Durant, Rip, etc....

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I promise you there isn’t a single player on our roster or any other D1 roster that doesn’t have required time in the weight room with the strength and conditioning staff dude what are you talking about.

Reaction Score
, but famously lots of basketball players do not touch weights.

That is simply not true anymore. A couple or a few guys who don't lift? Yeah sure, of course.... there's head cases in all walks of life. You're thinking about an era where players were smoking a pack a day too.

The overwhelming majority of D1 and professional players lift, and lift a lot. We're talking 99.9% here. Even D3 players are required to lift.

Reaction Score
Durant, Rip, etc....

Both of those guys lift or lifted during their careers. KD even lifts on game days, and has for years. He lifted at Texas before his disastrous bench press in the combine too.

Google "Rip Hamilton weights"... there are dozens of hits of him talking about the weight room.

Just because you're natty and have a thin frame doesn't mean you aren't lifting.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
That is simply not true anymore. A couple or a few guys who don't lift? Yeah sure, of course.... there's head cases in all walks of life. You're thinking about an era where players were smoking a pack a day too.

The overwhelming majority of D1 and professional players lift, and lift a lot. We're talking 99.9% here. Even D3 players are required to lift.
I think the vast majority of college players don’t lift, but I’m sure plenty of professionals don’t.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Just staying consistent with my work,” he said. “We had camp all week long, we put the work in, got a lot of shots up, we were in the gym lifting. So credit to the staff for putting in the time with us and it came to fruition.” (Hassan)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

I mean, I was thinking 2-3 out of 12-13 was a pretty significant number, but maybe I’m exaggerating. I’m more pushing back against the idea that “all” players lift weights, when I know some don’t, especially during the season.

Reaction Score
I mean, I was thinking 2-3 out of 12-13 was a pretty significant number, but maybe I’m exaggerating. I’m more pushing back against the idea that “all” players lift weights, when I know some don’t, especially during the season.

Difference here might also be what we count as "lifting." A lot of guys aren't going to be doing big, heavy lifts during the season. More accessory/mobility/recovery work. I really doubt there are but a handful--if that--of players who aren't in the gym at all during the season.

In college, we never deadlifted or did heavy back squats during the season, but we would do plenty of power cleans, goblet squats w/ a heel lift, etc.

Reaction Score
Who are those you know of that don’t lift?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom