2022 Recruiting: - Clingan Top 8 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Clingan Top 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Free access article:

I don't remember seeing this article before. Maybe I just missed it.

“I feel like not being able to go look at a school is just holding off my decision,” Clingan said. “I haven’t toured one campus yet. … I feel I want to be committed before the start of my senior high school season and be able to go out and play my senior season not worrying about college and already having made my decision and (have my) head straight with one school.”

Reaction Score
Free access article:

I don't remember seeing this article before. Maybe I just missed it.

“I feel like not being able to go look at a school is just holding off my decision,” Clingan said. “I haven’t toured one campus yet. … I feel I want to be committed before the start of my senior high school season and be able to go out and play my senior season not worrying about college and already having made my decision and (have my) head straight with one school.”

Feel like he’s been to UConn enough to get a feel. He’s going to be blown away by Michigan though.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We must cling to Clingan.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Weird final eight - Michigan and UConn seem to be the final choices unless someone else sneaks in
It will be tough to compete with Michigan, no matter if JH is the coach or not
I hope DH has a back-up option hidden up his sleeve

Reaction Score
Anyone else feel like we're chasing this kid solely because of proximity and not necessarily fit? Hurley likes athletes who can switch and this guy is as old school big as it gets. I think he'll enjoy a good college career wherever he ends up, just won't be upset if it's not here...minus the fact that we've apparently hedged pretty hard on him and probably don't have much of a backup plan for '22

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I love how ppl are certain Michigan is the leader because he might’ve had a Michigan poster on his wall when he was 10. For all we know one of those other schools is the biggest competition. Fit, relationship with coaches and players, perception of ability to get him to the next level, etc, are all going to carry way more weight than his “favorite team growing up”.

Michigan obviously has a lot going for it in terms of actual valuable characteristics, but ppl are basing their opinions on something which will have next to no impact on his decision.
u sure aboot that?

Gerrit-Cole-Yankee-fan-832x447.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Literally LOLed. Happens like once a month from reading a MB post. Thank you.

I'm not good at much, but I try not to pass up low hanging fruit.

Reaction Score
Feel like we can safely cross out Georgetown, providence. Think it’s a two horse race between Michigan and UConn with a hair lead for UConn.
Michigan would ruin a player like Clingan. He needs a developmental type of coach and school. Michigan and Howard definitely don’t offer a kid a chance to develop himself like UConn and Dan Hurley. If he chooses Michigan he’ll get run over and transfer during his second year. I’m surprised Koach Krap, Roy or Mark Few never made a big push for DC. Hard hedging be damned, Hurley and his assistants would be much better for DC and his college career.

Reaction Score
I don't know the kid at all, but I do know humans, and I could imagine that the fact he stayed home for HS could actually be driving his decision to possibly go farther away for college. He had good reason to stay home for high school, but he also seems to have an alpha mentality and I can see him not wanting to be defined as someone with an unhealthy attachment to home. Going away for college could be a natural and healthy next step in his progression through life. Now, having been a CT kid who went to UConn, I know that the campus can be a world unto itself, making the mileage from home a moot point, but he might not fully get that or just want to not even have those thoughts lingering at all, in which case best of luck to the kid. Hurley is so damn good in terms of long-term planning I have no doubt we will be fine either way this thing goes.

Reaction Score
How adorable! Hes cut his list down to 8. Hes really having fun with his recruitment. What number is he going to wear when he comes here? Isnt 32 retired?
No numbers are retired. They're up on the wall but not retired. They let Jonathan Mandeldove wear 32 for God's sake. ?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
From what I was able to parse from Clingan‘s tweet, I believe that he has not yet decided on which college to go to yet, but that he will likely pick one of the eight he listed.

Of those eight, one of them was UConn which I took as a good sign.

Reaction Score
No. 34 is retired for a certain someone
When did they do that? After he was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame? David Onuorah wore 34 in 2017-2018 which was just before Ray was inducted into the Hall in September 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom