2022 Recruiting: - Clingan Taking His Time with Recruiting Process (Syracuse on SI) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Clingan Taking His Time with Recruiting Process (Syracuse on SI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Mac Etienne got off to a great start (against Evan Mobley) in his first game at UCLA.
If Clingan prefers to go elsewhere it's his right. We just have to hope he's honest with DH so we aren't left hanging with no other options because we so badly wanted to show him how much we want him at UConn.

F

FanMan

Meanwhile, Mac Etienne got off to a great start (against Evan Mobley) in his first game at UCLA.
If Clingan prefers to go elsewhere it's his right. We just have to hope he's honest with DH so we aren't left hanging with no other options because we so badly wanted to show him how much we want him.
I think he's been pretty straight forward and honest. His interviews seem to convey that. Seems like a straight up kid with a good head on his shoulders. And he really doesn't owe anybody anything to tell ya the truth. Don't give up on him yet. Plus, we have bigs. Just not 7ft2 bigs.

F

FanMan

DC is playing at 5:30 so I might catch some of the action after our game. See how he’s improved.

He had a slow start but ended up with decent numbers. I think he had 35 points. Rebounding was not the usual, 11 I think and he really needs to work on the free throws. Only had 2 or 3 blocks but they stayed away from the inside for the most part.. First game ,and playing with a mask on has to suck.

Reaction Score
He had a slow start but ended up with decent numbers. I think he had 35 points. Rebounding was not the usual, 11 I think and he really needs to work on the free throws. Only had 2 or 3 blocks but they stayed away from the inside for the most part.. First game ,and playing with a mask on has to suck.
I can’t believe the CIAC didn’t lengthen the time between quarters since masks are being worn. It looked like a minute between quarters and maybe nine minutes at the half. I could be wrong. Playing with a mask on must be brutal, but I’m sure every kid would say it is better than not playing at all.

Reaction Score
Turned it on for a few minutes and saw 2 dunks, including a 1 handed reverse dunk.

Reaction Score
Kind of difficult to watch, not good basketball.

When one team has a 7'2 kid it makes it tough to play good basketball. If I'm playing vs Donovan you basically have to put every shooter you have on the floor and hope two is better than 3. I'd probably press the bejesus out of BCHS to try and get the guards to turn it over before they can feed Donovan. Kind of a boring way to play, but you have to do it to stand a chance vs them

Reaction Score
When one team has a 7'2 kid it makes it tough to play good basketball. If I'm playing vs Donovan you basically have to put every shooter you have on the floor and hope two is better than 3. I'd probably press the bejesus out of BCHS to try and get the guards to turn it over before they can feed Donovan. Kind of a boring way to play, but you have to do it to stand a chance vs them
Yeah, a bit too rough. It picked up a bit later. They're not even really feeding DC. He could score at will if necessary.

Reaction Score
His stats...

33 PTS
13 REB (6 offensive)
3 AST (1 potential/ 1 foul assist)

2 TO
STL
3 BLK

15/19 2FG
0/0 3FG
3/5 FT

• He’s a giant.
  • Made a few surprisingly good passes vs the zone. It’s not high-major competition obviously, but certainly nice to see.
  • Low block numbers are because the other team basically took no layups at all. Puled up or shot 3s to avoid Donovan.
  • I think he may actually play better eventually (obviously not the same stats) vs bigger players. Little guys getting under you can be tricky for big men because fouls get called on you that wouldn’t vs a 6’10 or 6’11 guy… hard to be physical and aggressive.
  • Scored or assisted on 24/39 of his teams points in the first half. Ridiculous.
  • Had a really nice 1 dribble left-handed jump hook late in the game. A couple of other 1 dribble moves in the post.

Reaction Score
Watched most of it, think he had 10 dunks while I was watching. Power reverse dunk early, caught a half court alleyoop in second half, and had one where he dribbled in from close to half court to dunk. Really good passer for a big, loves passing. Made 3/5 ft's from what I saw, had some nice 1 dribble power moves and a soft hook shot. Needs a college strength program to get more explosive. He's enormous, against CT. high school kids he looks like he's about 8 feet tall. He's every bit of 7'2 280 lbs. with long arms. Just a giant human being, great prospect.

CT. high school basketball is brutal to watch, constant stoppages of play by the refs.

F

FanMan

It does seem like he plays to the talent level he's playing against...at least in the beginning. He picks it up after though. Still young. Hopefully his aau season happens.

Reaction Score
It does seem like he plays to the talent level he's playing against...at least in the beginning. He picks it up after though. Still young. Hopefully his aau season happens.
Yea. He’s got great intangibles, hope he just stays a high motor guy, and radiate energy. It’s tough to do with no fans, masks, and all that. He’s a gamer, he brings that energy in big games. I think there was an away game towards the end of the year, lots of energy in the building and he kind of took over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom