Clingan Putting Up Numbers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Clingan Putting Up Numbers

Reaction Score
Would you rather Clingan is here for 4 years and zero national championships or here for 2 years and back to back national championships?

Rosters are year to year as is with the transfer portal. Hurley has established a great culture where there hasn't been a mass exodus of transfers leaving think the only one he was disappointed leaving was Alleyne but we replaced him with Cam Spencer anyways. There is enough talent on the roster now that Hurley will have viable replacements in place who have been in the program or veteran guys transferring in.

I get your jive about not being crazy about wanting a guy to leave early. I just react to when the decision is made knowing him leaving ito the NBA is most likely best for him and ultimately good for our program in the long and getting top recruits.
You forgot door #3 where he stays 4 years and wins 4 championships :)

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score
Portland is a tough out with Ayton + Clingan. Total erasers.
He had 10 offensive rebounds. 1 less than the rest of the team combined. 10 offensive rebounds….We know, they are finding out.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Kobayashi is the Godfather of competitive eating.
He may be the godfather but he is not the G.O.A.T. I thought that was settled on Labor Day once and for all. I am not an expert but I know competitive eating includes more than hot dogs but when it comes down to just dogs I think Joey best is like 20 greater than Kobayashi.

And everytime I hear Kobayashi I think, Kobayashi Maru…. Which I relate to Star Trek and how Kirk won when put into an un-winnable situation.

Reaction Score
It’s all relative I suppose but Clingan has 3-4 inches on Walton as crazy as that sounds.

Walton was insanely quick for his size and had a Rodman-like quick jumping ability. Clingan doesn’t have that, but like you said he has 3 inches in height, probably more in wingspan, and he has a touch of Walton’s court vision.

Reaction Score
Walton was insanely quick for his size and had a Rodman-like quick jumping ability. Clingan doesn’t have that, but like you said he has 3 inches in height, probably more in wingspan, and he has a touch of Walton’s court vision.
Never thought of him as quick... just an insane BBIQ. Always a step ahead.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Portland is a tough out with Ayton + Clingan. Total erasers.
I'm not sure you've seen Ayton play recently. He could be an eraser but last season put up .8 bpg and was pretty soft on D. Toumani Camara on the other hand has all defensive first team in his future.

Reaction Score
He should have come back for 1 more season to work on his game
Well, not for that, but to pretty much guaranty the 3/4-peats and # 7 & possibly #8! And, earn a college degree, and be the #1 pick in the 2025 or 2026 drafts!

That being selfishly said, I wish him success in his future!

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
1729594042671.gif

Reaction Score
UCLAs 7 < Florida/UConn's 2. Just a completely different CBB landscape back then.
I wouldn’t say better. What I would say is they’re not comparable because of how different the landscape was. UCLA was the best team in the country, start to finish, each of those years. But winning the tournament back then wasn’t anywhere near as difficult as it is now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom