2020 Recruiting: - Cliff Omoruyi Top 5 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cliff Omoruyi Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chief, whats the current read on the situation? Engineering program really an element here?

We in top 3 currently? legitimate shot or pipedream?

Reaction Score
Can someone point me to where @BFieldHusky said we are in good position with a big fish? I can't find it

Unless something else is going on in DMs, I think this is what people are referring to:

Reaction Score
Yes, sure. But we theoretically have Carlton, Javonte Brown Ferguson, Whaley, Springs, Akok and Cliff who can all only play 4-5. Somebody would have to go. Akok needs a lot of minutes.

Is there a conversation with Whaley after season on lack of playing time for him next season? Seems like a waste of a scholarship going into next year. Has to be a common ground on what’s best for program and player.

Reaction Score
I think most legit NBA prospects aren't afraid of finding minutes. If anything they welcome being on a team where they have help. I doubt he wants to go somewhere he needs to play 37 minutes for the team to win.

If he's legit (as it appears) he'll get his minutes at UConn regardless of who's on the roster.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Your nuts..Carlton may not be Okafor but he the closest we have to him...Cliff is not anywhere near Carlton now. He may be better in long run but not next year!

Reaction Score
Your nuts..Carlton may not be Okafor but he the closest we have to him...Cliff is not anywhere near Carlton now. He may be better in long run but not next year!

I mean, there are no guarantees, but I would be surprised if Hurley saw it that way. Cliff is an instant impact player in college, based on his game, athleticism, and body. Carlton has been getting worked. If he doesn't get his act together before the start of next season, Cliff will definitely be ahead of him, assuming he comes here.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I disagree.

Josh is a great kid. He's given this program his all. On senior night, I'm standing up and cheering my az off for him.

But his future is not in basketball.

The difference in speed and quickness between him and the centers he will be facing next year is simply too great.

Cliff, even with freshman warts and all, will have a better chance of competing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Um...no. With a caveat. Josh would be great on certain very slow, half-court terms. Maybe some Ivy league or similar. Hurley's offense and defense require him to do things that he simply can't do. He has nice, old school back to the basket moves, and on the right team could be really useful. For us he's currently a boat anchor.

Reaction Score
I mean, there are no guarantees, but I would be surprised if Hurley saw it that way. Cliff is an instant impact player in college, based on his game, athleticism, and body. Carlton has been getting worked. If he doesn't get his act together before the start of next season, Cliff will definitely be ahead of him, assuming he comes here.
- Lower +/- than Whaley
- 2nd to last in WS/Min
- 2nd to last in BPM
- 2 games with a positive offensive rating out of 16
- 49% TS

It's been a brutal year for him. Hurley should not commit to him being the starter again if we can avoid it.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Can you imagine having him and Akok to anchor the backline of the defense? Geez let that sink in...block city!!
The t-shirts print themselves

caw

Reaction Score
Javonte shouldn’t touch the court next year. Redshirt or back to 21, and we place him at a prep we like.

i agree from what I have seen, he doesn’t appear ready. However, he does desperately need in-game minutes against legit competition. Also, he could be better than expected because it isn’t just his competition that is lacking. His team also has plenty of issues from floor spacing to proper passing into the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom