OT: - Cleveland _____________________ Name That Team | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Cleveland _____________________ Name That Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coming Soon In the Sports Cultural War:

In Virginia and most of the south they are offended by the term Yankees. Therefore the new name of the Bronx baseball team should be.......................

It's been a while since I lived in the South but don't you have this backwards? I was pretty regularly called a yankee by southerners as a term of derision. I don't know why they'd be offended by a word used to describe northerners.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Cleveland had a Negro League team called the Cleveland Buckeyes. I’m not sure how that plays with Ohio State fans, but it should be considered. Aside from the I like Rocks beat.

E7981180-B272-4337-90A3-16FD0C69872F.jpeg

Reaction Score
Ohio State will cry over the Buckeyes. The Spiders would be awesome and the University of Richmond can be paid off for any copyright infringement.

Reaction Score
Tough to say. Maybe one the new guys next year. But we've had players that take off once they are forced to run the show. AJ Price comes to mind. Marcus Williams maybe... sorta.

I'm not betting that Gafney or Cole turn into one of those guys. But I'll bet on a guard. Their roles are just so primary to not become the stars.

Id also word it this way. If a guard isn't the best player or the 2nd best player we won't be very good.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
how about the Lonesome losers sorta fits the city

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Love the song, hate the reality.

Much like the river fire I would not want to associate a team name with a failure.

You need something uplifting and strong.

The Fitz was steaming towards Cleveland because it's a port city.

Cleveland Steamers is a great name.
And there’s already an emoji that they could probably use for a mascot.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Tough to say. Maybe one the new guys next year. But we've had players that take off once they are forced to run the show. AJ Price comes to mind. Marcus Williams maybe... sorta.

I'm not betting that Gafney or Cole turn into one of those guys. But I'll bet on a guard. Their roles are just so primary to not become the stars.

Id also word it this way. If a guard isn't the best player or the 2nd best player we won't be very good.

That's a really long team name.

Reaction Score
Cleveland Erie
Cleveland Eerie
Cleveland Eary

Cleveland Coasters

Reaction Score
How about the Edmund Fitzgeralds

I feel like I gotta chime in here, cause that is practically my name and my girlfriend is from there. A few years ago her parents actually got me An Edmund Fitzgerald Great Lakes Brewery T Shirt and the beer... it was ok. I'm just not that into Porters.

Actual Name Possibilities

Cleveland Spiders: Name history
Cleveland Guardians: Something about a Bridge we walked over once
Cleveland Naps: Again history
Cleveland Moon Dogs: Wild Card (Apparently this was the guy who coined the term Rock N Roll) Also the name of the Cavs Mascot. To me this would be their version of the Yard Goats haha

Reaction Score
Cleveland Forest its known at the Forest City.
Cleveland Rails for the railroads
Cleveland Tribes
Cleveland Die Hards
Cleveland Machine

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
I do not think Rockers will work.

John Rocker offended too many Mets fans riding the 7 Train. Naming a team after him may not be the answer.

Will Rappers hate on the Rockers? You know those Country & Western folks will have an opinion.

Reaction Score
Cleveland IPA
"Cleveland has more than 30 breweries and Greater Cleveland has about 70, making it the fourth largest in the country in number of breweries."

Cleveland Red Ryders
they can blast "lunatic fringe"
"The holiday classic "A Christmas Story" was partially filmed in an actual family’s home located in the blue-collar Tremont neighborhood (the owner moved out for the duration)."

Do you know these 10 things about Cleveland, Ohio? (10best.com)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Cleveland IPA
"Cleveland has more than 30 breweries and Greater Cleveland has about 70, making it the fourth largest in the country in number of breweries."

Cleveland Red Ryders
they can blast "lunatic fringe"
"The holiday classic "A Christmas Story" was partially filmed in an actual family’s home located in the blue-collar Tremont neighborhood (the owner moved out for the duration)."

Do you know these 10 things about Cleveland, Ohio? (10best.com)

Cant' have a team name about guns. C'mon, this is 2020.

The Cleveland Fragiles. Italians can still sack up and take a joke.

Reaction Score
The Cleveland "No not our Indians the other Indians". They can have a cute little Ghandi on their caps
Caucasoids with Bush as a logo would suit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom