OT: - Cleveland _____________________ Name That Team | The Boneyard

OT: Cleveland _____________________ Name That Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm sure this will eventually get moved to the baseball board, but still no basketball to talk about, so what say you?

Cleveland needs a name for their MLB team. Here's hoping they can do better than the Washington Football Team.

Cleveland Cavaliers for basketball really doesn't make any sense. Save Cavalier for Virginia. Cleveland Browns may be the most perfect description for a city and franchise ever.
I've seen some suggestion making a play on the movie Major League. Disney already gave us the Ducks in the NHL so there is precedence.
Some have brought up R&R HoF being in Cleveland and doing something with that. Count me out. Made no sense to me that a city without much if any relevance to the history of R&R gets the HoF. No need to double down on that mistake.
Me? I look at Cleveland as a port city on the Great Lakes with a long and strong maritime history.

Cleveland Steamers. Perfect for the city and the ballclub.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm sure this will eventually get moved to the baseball board, but still no basketball to talk about, so what say you?

Cleveland needs a name for their MLB team. Here's hoping they can do better than the Washington Football Team.

Cleveland Cavaliers for basketball really doesn't make any sense. Save Cavalier for Virginia. Cleveland Browns may be the most perfect description for a city and franchise ever.
I've seen some suggestion making a play on the movie Major League. Disney already gave us the Ducks in the NHL so there is precedence.
Some have brought up R&R HoF being in Cleveland and doing something with that. Count me out. Made no sense to me that a city without much if any relevance to the history of R&R gets the HoF. No need to double down on that mistake.
Me? I look at Cleveland as a port city on the Great Lakes with a long and strong maritime history.

Hahaha

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Quahogs, Razorclams....no that's not it. Littlenecks...no, not that either.

I'm sure someone, or many someones, will figure this out. The Cleveland Teamsters? No, that's not it. I give up.

Reaction Score
Did you start this thread just to make this joke? lol.

If we are really trying to guess the name, I was thinking the Cleveland Tribe. They are often referenced as "The Tribe" now and I don't think Tribe would be derogatory.

or

How about the Cleveland Baseball Team...?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Did you start this thread just to make this joke? lol.

If we are really trying to guess the name, I was thinking the Cleveland Tribe. They are often referenced as "The Tribe" now and I don't think Tribe would be derogatory.

or

How about the Cleveland Baseball Team...?

Maybe the Cleveland Clevelanders. Or, Cleveland Ohioans?

Nah. I definitely like Cleveland Steamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom