Cincy and Miami (FL) to play in 2014, 15 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Cincy and Miami (FL) to play in 2014, 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I found the link. Cincinnati signed a deal to play at Michigan in a paycheck game.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2013/03/cincinnati-to-play-at-michigan-in-2017/

Miami must have thought this made them look really weak to have signed a home and away series.

It's amazing to me how much more the people on this board know than GM's of major universities. Such untapped talent...

I'll say this again because it's been said a few times already. People here have no objection to giving away games. To good teams.

You guys are putting BC up there with Notre Dame and Michigan. It is absolute madness. Glad you guys aren't running anything for the school.

Reaction Score
I found the link. Cincinnati signed a deal to play at Michigan in a paycheck game.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2013/03/cincinnati-to-play-at-michigan-in-2017/

Miami must have thought this made them look really weak to have signed a home and away series.

It's amazing to me how much more the people on this board know than GM's of major universities. Such untapped talent...

And it was tied to a hoop series! -- Gee, too bad we're not capable of doing that

Reaction Score
Nope, playing them on unequal terms makes UCONN look weak.

To who? People on this board? The people who make decisions on CR? Whitey Bulger?

2-1-1 is slightly unequal, if that.

False pride will kill this program quicker than Gene DeFilippo could have dreamed

Reaction Score
I'll say this again because it's been said a few times already. People here have no objection to giving away games. To good teams.

You guys are putting BC up there with Notre Dame and Michigan. It is absolute madness. Glad you guys aren't running anything for the school.

And you guys think making a temporary bow to them is like having your manhood cut off.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

Haven't people on this board also complained that we haven't scheduled a single P5 game since we were left in the Land of Misfit Toys? As if signing a series with Indiana or Wake Forest would be a better game than BYU or Boise. BC, like it or not, is a P5 team. For five years down the road are we really supposed to try and distinguish between which P5 team we think is going to be really good then as opposed to the ones that might be marginally good or great? What crystal ball are you using?

Tennessee and Baylor are great examples of this. Tennessee was a blue blood of college football for years and years and (except in their own eyes) they just aren't anymore. Baylor on the other hand has gone from perennial doormat to being a Top 25 program for a few years in a row. Doesn't make them a blue blood by any stretch but if we were playing them this year it would look like a very high quality game on our schedule (and heaven forbid what that score would look like).

I don't think we have the luxury or the foresight to distinguish much between P5 teams.

Reaction Score
To who? People on this board? The people who make decisions on CR? Whitey Bulger?

2-1-1 is slightly unequal, if that.

False pride will kill this program quicker than Gene DeFilippo could have dreamed
I would tell BC that we will agree to play them once. In return, if they improve their program we will return the favor and play them in MA.

Reaction Score
The question isn't necessarily what they are doing now and in future schedules, it's what did they do before they were established as a national program. Wasn't very easy to get teams to go out and play on the blue field in Idaho so they went where they had to to build the credibility. Now Boise is much more selective.

It's only going to get harder to schedule quality FBS schools in the future.
I hate to break it to you, but the most important game in Boise's history was the Bowl game against Oklahoma. they played Oregon St at home in Boise in the 2nd game of a home-home with the Beavers that season. They took an occassional money game or a 1-off before that but it was harldy a regular thing for them.

Reaction Score
I hate to break it to you, but the most important game in Boise's history was the Bowl game against Oklahoma. they played Oregon St at home in Boise in the 2nd game of a home-home with the Beavers that season. They took an occassional money game or a 1-off before that but it was harldy a regular thing for them.

More regular than being portrayed. They've played 'neutral' games at FedEx outside DC (Virginia Tech) and Atlanta (Georgia).

Reaction Score
Haven't people on this board also complained that we haven't scheduled a single P5 game since we were left in the Land of Misfit Toys? As if signing a series with Indiana or Wake Forest would be a better game than BYU or Boise. BC, like it or not, is a P5 team. For five years down the road are we really supposed to try and distinguish between which P5 team we think is going to be really good then as opposed to the ones that might be marginally good or great? What crystal ball are you using?

Tennessee and Baylor are great examples of this. Tennessee was a blue blood of college football for years and years and (except in their own eyes) they just aren't anymore. Baylor on the other hand has gone from perennial doormat to being a Top 25 program for a few years in a row. Doesn't make them a blue blood by any stretch but if we were playing them this year it would look like a very high quality game on our schedule (and heaven forbid what that score would look like).

I don't think we have the luxury or the foresight to distinguish much between P5 teams.

When in your entire lifetime has BC been a powerhouse? Let me explain this more succinctly: in all its years in the BE, BC never once managed to finish higher than 3rd place.

Reaction Score
Today I learned that BC may be one of the top teams in America in a few years.

Reaction Score
And today I learned that some people's hatred of BC has clouded their vision of what would be an obvious move to help put UConn's program back on its feet. . . . by the way Addazio is candidate for coach of the year now. I wish nothing but bad things for BC but talking smack about a program that clearly made strides this year compared to the crapshow at the Rent is 100 percent delusional.

Reaction Score
And today I learned that some people's hatred of BC has clouded their vision of what would be an obvious move to help put UConn's program back on its feet. . . . by the way Addazio is candidate for coach of the year now. I wish nothing but bad things for BC but talking smack about a program that clearly made strides this year compared to the crapshow at the Rent is 100 percent delusional.
1 and 1 BC offers us little. 3 for 1 they offer us negatives.

Reaction Score

giving BC away games would out UConn back on its feet.

Now I've heard it all.

Reaction Score
giving BC away games would out UConn back on its feet.

Now I've heard it all.

No one is "giving away" anything. It's not like we'd be paying BC for the privilege. This would HELP put UConn back on its feet. A place it will have a tough time getting if it acts it can unilaterally pick and choose its way to a path to get into a better conference.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
When in your entire lifetime has BC been a powerhouse? Let me explain this more succinctly: in all its years in the BE, BC never once managed to finish higher than 3rd place.

And where in my dialogue did I use the word powerhouse? Nice strawman.

The point I was making is that it is very difficult to predict who is going to be really good in five years versus someone who could be mediocre or poor. I can guarantee you that right now a lot of people are assuming that UConn will suck for the foreseeable future.

I think Cincinnati has done a good of getting this home and home with a P5 team in Miami. They also made a payday scheduling a solitary away game at Michigan. Michigan may not be a powerhouse in five years but because of the name on the front of the jersey, you think this would be fine (even though in five years the players and potentially coaches will be completely different when they play the game) as opposed to doing a hypothetical 2-1-1 series with someone like a BC.

Teams that have been historically bad (i.e. Baylor, Duke,. Vanderbilt) have managed to become respectable and even good programs in recent years. The whole point is, you never know.

Reaction Score
Teams that have been historically bad (i.e. Baylor, Duke,. Vanderbilt) have managed to become respectable and even good programs in recent years. The whole point is, you never know.

The funny thing is UConn is 5-1 against those teams and should be 6-0 had it not been for the first disastrous decision of the P era.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
1. UConn should NEVER play a "HOME" game in any other state than Connecticut unless its a bowl game.
2. A series with ND would be nice.
3. A series with BC needs to happen soon, and is coming...
4. Getting Penn State at the Rent or a PAC-12 school in to play us in East Hartford should be on our want list too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom