Cincy and Miami (FL) to play in 2014, 15 | The Boneyard

Cincy and Miami (FL) to play in 2014, 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Come on Warde, I love the BYU and Boise St. games but lets get on it!

My reasonable Home and Home opponent Wish list

West Virginia
Iowa
Minnesota
Kentucky
Texas Tech
Washington (Husky vs Husky) Hamilton HAMILTON!
Miami
Virginia Tech
Penn St
And of course the White Whale BCU

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
You can pencil in Rutgers for '16 and '17, I believe (doesn't help much with perception, but somewhat preserves the closest thing to a rivalry we have). We need a quality addition (or two) for '17 and '18.

Reaction Score
BYU and Tennessee are every bit as good if not better than Miami and I would rather see Rutgers (our rival) at the Rent over Miami.

The schedule is the least of our problems, we need to figure out Cincy's coach hiring secret, that's where they really kick our but. Cincy's success is the main reason why I would like UCONN to take the best MAC coach available.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

West Virginia
Iowa
Minnesota
Kentucky
Texas Tech
Miami
Virginia Tech
Penn St

Unless/until Miami changes CEO's or UCONN somehow wangles its way into the ACC, the chances of scheduling Miami are zero. Donna S. is/was neck-and-neck with Flipper in the who-hates-CONN-more race. Fallout from the lawsuit.

Reaction Score
I don't get the 'Cincy's schedule blows ours away.' Pretty even in my opinion.

Maybe not "blows away" but pretty obvious they're a step or 2 ahead in planning.

The UConn side of that ledger would look a better with the ND series still in it

Reaction Score
Maybe not "blows away" but pretty obvious they're a step or 2 ahead in planning.

The UConn side of that ledger would look a better with the ND series still in it

you mean UCONN is NOT playing ND in the future?

Reaction Score
you mean UCONN is NOT playing ND in the future?

happy to answer this if you're serious. remember, this actually happened.

scoreboard_zpsa7efe4b6.jpg

Reaction Score
happy to answer this if you're serious. remember, this actually happened.

no, my post relates back to people on the courants blog who actually asked the same question for about 3 years

Reaction Score

West Virginia
Iowa
Minnesota
Kentucky
Texas Tech
Miami
Virginia Tech
Penn St

I heard last week that a series of 4 games with BC was pretty close to getting done. Every other year starting in 2016, two in Chestnut Hill one at the Rent and one at Gillette with a 50/50 split. Did not post here since I was skeptical. Given the article today in the Courant giving BC MBB coach quotes who knows this may have legs.

Reaction Score
I heard last week that a series of 4 games with BC was pretty close to getting done. Every other year starting in 2016, two in Chestnut Hill one at the Rent and one at Gillette with a 50/50 split. Did not post here since I was skeptical. Given the article today in the Courant giving BC MBB coach quotes who knows this may have legs.

Let the whining begin...

Reaction Score

IMO they need us as much as we need them. Also would be fun to play the neutral at Fenway. Guaranteed sellout there but Foxboro would be close, esp. if it was site of re-started series

Let the whining begin...

Medic, ready to double-team the first "we should not do a 2-1-1 with BC" poster?

Reaction Score
Also would be fun to play the neutral at Fenway.

Why do people want to play at Fenway. Samller attendance than either home field and horrible sight lines. Play football in a football stadium.

Reaction Score
Why do people want to play at Fenway. Samller attendance than either home field and horrible sight lines. Play football in a football stadium.

Because it's different. It would be a one-off. It gets attention for programs that both need it. It actually might be fun as long as tickets are split evenly.

Jeez, Tennessee and Virginia Tech are going to play in front of 130,000 plus in a couple of years at Bristol Speedway. A New England college football game will never get that kind of crowd, but one in front of 38,000 or so will get as much attention.

Reaction Score

I would understand a 3 game 1-1-1 scenario which would really be 2 BC home games vs our one, but doing a 3 for 1 seems like a bad precedent to set for a second tier football school like BC. Maybe the idea is to have two games at Gillette.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would understand a 3 game 1-1-1 scenario which would really be 2 BC home games vs our one, but doing a 3 for 1 seems like a bad precedent to set for a second tier football school like BC.

How do you come up with a 50/50 at Gillette making it a 3 for 1 in favor of BC? As far as crowd is concerned it would probably be at least 60-40 UConn at Gillette. I would guess the game would be a premium ticket so we might sell half of Gillette and more than breakeven on ticket revenue. Especially if the AD can come up with some way of using the game to leverage mini packages like UM this year. Concessions and parking? I don't know what, if anything, we get now so that may or may not be a variable.

Reaction Score
Unless/until Miami changes CEO's or UCONN somehow wangles its way into the ACC, the chances of scheduling Miami are zero. Donna S. is/was neck-and-neck with Flipper in the who-hates-CONN-more race. Fallout from the lawsuit.

No fall out from those low life's pulling a Benedict Arnold on the Big East. Let us not forgot . . . . "They drew first blood".

Reaction Score

How about ONE in Chestnut Hill, one at the Rent and TWO at Gillette. Let's not start playing second class citizen to BCU (giving them two true home games).

Reaction Score

West Virginia
Iowa
Minnesota
Kentucky
Texas Tech
Miami
Virginia Tech
Penn St

CAN YOU FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO POST? We have 4 non conf. games each year scheduled through 2015, 3 in 2016 .....With additions in 2015 0f Navy,
could possibly have 9 conf games in 2016, that is 12 game schedule. Don't agree with the perception bit that he is NOT ON IT!!!! I prefer to think differently..be more positive..HOW ABOUT US BEING IN THE B1G by 2017.!!!

YOUR perception is way off base. National perception in booking BOISE, BYU and SEC (TENNESSEE) is outstanding. Readjust your glasses.

Oh...and your schedule above, why not add another 100 other FBS schools. By the way, Notre Dame as the top independent school in the country has 7 games scheduled in 2017. In a conference, we already know we have 10.
Warde is playing it right in booking the best available as it unfolds. Next year, BYU and Boise at home. Tennessee, Boise and BYU following. BIG DISCUSSIONS with BC ONGOING!!!!Would say that is great going forward especially in marketing to a B1G that wants it's schools to be perceived as not shrinking back and needing to bolster it's own image on marketing its teams as being a top conference. You forget, a B1G needs it's schools to play top competition to achieve higher BCS rankings in order to make the 4 team playoff. LOOK BIG PICTURE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Reaction Score

Given what the cost of getting Gillette would cost both schools, the added seats sold would not be much. Being a UCONN alum in the Boston area, BC can't pack out Alumni Stadium let alone Gillette. Neither would we in traveling.
If the rivalry is renewed and takes hold, & we get perceptively back to the level of 2010 and BC stays on its current track upward, then could see a major shift for REVENUE AND TV purposes. Who knows, by 2019 0r 2020, would like to see a RIVALRY WEEKEND game in NOVEMBER. (same day as Ohio State/Michigan etc)...pitting UCONN of the B1G vs. BC of the ACC, then Gillette becomes a reality.

Reaction Score

I want UConn/BC; but, I can't see the two playing at the razor. Not big enough of a fan base on either side and not enough buzz to fill in the rest of the seats. Games at the Razor or Snoopy in Jersey should be reserves for big names - Michigan, ND, Texas, etc.

Reaction Score

I was guaranteed by someone that would know that it is absolutely not happening. Just thought I'd let you know.

Reaction Score
Thank God. I honestly would rather not play them than do a 2-1-1. I can't believe there are people that would be ok with that.

Reaction Score
Thank God. I honestly would rather not play them than do a 2-1-1. I can't believe there are people that would be ok with that.

IMO it's important to get the series restarted and if some pride-swallowing has to be done at the start, no big deal. If the deal proves financially successful for both schools, then it can be a straight home-and-home in the next contract.

Pride is what blew up the ND deal. Easily a top 10 reason why things turned out they did in CR, if not top five.

Reaction Score
I was guaranteed by someone that would know that it is absolutely not happening. Just thought I'd let you know.

And the reason would be because. . . .?

Obviously anyone can say anything here but John Greene's post made sense because of the basketball game Thursday and the timing would be very good to announce that sort of deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom