Cincinnati post game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cincinnati post game thread

Reaction Score
I was shocked when I heard Teddy's name. Unless I wasn't paying attention over the years, this has to be the first UConn game he has ref'ed in YEARS. Thought he moved to ACC crew? Or some where else some time ago. Toward the end of the JC era?

Didn't he get bumped either out of the conference or out of the NCAAT for turning his back on a player last year?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I thought DH did a good job controlling himself and talking to/with the refs vs SMU
He showed a better level of maturity/control - maybe his Dad got to him
While his actions vs Cuse were fun, his shtick got way out of hand in the ensuing games
As the team grows, so will DH

Reaction Score
I wasn't able to watch SMU game but I noticed that Brendan Adams didn't play. He hasn't played tonight, either. At the risk of being labled a Casual, why hasn't be played? Is he sick? Hurt? In doghouse? Is the rotation just getting shorter?

Reaction Score
Been talked about a bit, but it's really frustrating how close we've played tough teams for the first half then come out and get blown away in the 2nd half...

Hopefully I have to eat these words tonight. At least it's a step in the right direction from last year(s) where we'd come out looking half asleep then make a furious come back after the game was already beyond a doubt

Reaction Score
I wasn't able to watch SMU game but I noticed that Brendan Adams didn't play. He hasn't played tonight, either. At the risk of being labled a Casual, why hasn't be played? Is he sick? Hurt? In doghouse? Is the rotation just getting shorter?

Shorter rotation. Came in labeled a shooter, defender but he's been shooting like garbage. His D is redundant with vital and smith. He's not ready yet.

Reaction Score
Our starting guards are our best players and it's not even close. Can't put him at the 4 so there's just not a lot to go around with Smith ostensibly has more savvy and physical ability.

Reaction Score
Overtime. There were at least three or four times where this team could have folded and they didn't. Down 12 early in the 2nd and could have easily ballooned to 20 or 25 like last year and yet they come back ....about five minutes left and the lead stretches back to 8 and could have easily doubled to close the game and they come back and down 4 with about a minute and end up tying it.. ... So proud of these boys tonight, hope they carry this momenteum. Just getting to overtime, hoping they can win of course but to they are greatly improved, if they cut back on dumb mistakes just imagine!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
4 team fouls while we were in double bonus with our star fouled out. That makes sense.

Reaction Score
Good news. This should have been a "w"....but the ref's were not having it. Cincy is a very physical team and caught a lot of breaks with the calls. Most fun watching a game in quite a while. Either way, team finally moved to another level, and it is not too late. We'll see, but this is most encouraging.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom