Cinci Post Game Thoughts | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Cinci Post Game Thoughts

Reaction Score
The sum total of your contributions are if you disagree about KO you must be "hateful" and you must be an "idiot." You want to argue over facts and events that suggest otherwise, be my guest. No one in their right mind wants anything but KO to be successful. I don't expect a great season, and he has a lot of challenges and things to point to as legitimate reasons for a poor record. However, within that context, there appear at least from my perspective to be some pretty significant "tells" indicating KO is not getting it done with what he does have. I'm not talking Ws, I'm talking on the court performance. There is poor discipline and execution which manifests itself in the inconsistency of play on both ends of the court. If you cant recognize poor play by good players, I don't know what to tell you. But the character assassination and vacuous snipes doesn't advance your case.

i can recognize everything pal, you obviously can't separate your impatience with what is an inadequate group of Huskies vs what we are used to. I can recognize poor play by "good" players your problem is you have in clue what a "good" player is. I'm thinking you think Brimah is a "good" player and if you think so you're not very smart. Can you decipher a knowledgable player from a guy who will never get it? I think not but do continue to enlighten me with your wealth of knowledge - LOL :eek:

Reaction Score
I agree Facey is the more skilled player. I just think your patience with missed bunnies was different.

Agree to disagree, he made some solid moves and the ball hung on the rim. These weren't Brimah moves they were the real thing. You need to separate these 2 because one kid has improved and the other still is what he is.

pj

Reaction Score
You're a total idiot, but hey keep believing it's a good thing.

I don't read more than 3 words into huskymagic's posts so I hadn't realized until you quoted him that he'd compared himself to Copernicus and Galileo. At least he hasn't compared you to Hitler (yet).

Reaction Score
i can recognize everything pal, you obviously can't separate your impatience with what is an inadequate group of Huskies vs what we are used to. I can recognize poor play by "good" players your problem is you have in clue what a "good" player is. I'm thinking you think Brimah is a "good" player and if you think so you're not very smart. Can you decipher a knowledgable player from a guy who will never get it? I think not but do continue to enlighten me with your wealth of knowledge - LOL :eek:
Again, your inability to communicate any substantive thought without descending into ad hominem personal insults suggests your intellectual capacity may be impaired.

As for Brimah, he has big challenges and is not a very good low or high post guy because he can't catch and has no real moves to create shot opportunities. His value is primarily defensive inside the paint. He's not even a very good offensive rebounding presence. The rest are high level, D-1, athletes that should be able to defend aggressively, move the ball and execute out of sets. They are not great scorers, but they are more than adequate to be competitive and avoid getting blown out against quality teams. Now, if the point is players are low quality, then you have undermined your argument as well, because there is a person with initials responsible for that.

Given the nature of your discourse, you sound like you've got it all figured out and you are headed for great success.

Reaction Score
Again, your inability to communicate any substantive thought without descending into ad hominem personal insults suggests your intellectual capacity may be impaired.

As for Brimah, he has big challenges and is not a very good low or high post guy because he can't catch and has no real moves to create shot opportunities. His value is primarily defensive inside the paint. He's not even a very good offensive rebounding presence. The rest are high level, D-1, athletes that should be able to defend aggressively, move the ball and execute out of sets. They are not great scorers, but they are more than adequate to be competitive and avoid getting blown out against quality teams. Now, if the point is players are low quality, then you have undermined your argument as well, because there is a person with initials responsible for that.

Given the nature of your discourse, you sound like you've got it all figured out and you are headed for great success.

You're close, I've already had great success my friend I am not headed for it but thank you anyway. And I do know I can accept a year of circumstances beyond the teams control and look forward to next without requiring a reason to seek out blame. But you would prefer to blame KO and the staff for a situation no college coach could do better with, that's your prerogative. They are not high level D1 athletes today as we speak and this would show your inability to recognize this but hey that's ok not everyone understands the game.

Thanks for your input feel free to keep thinking you know something though, it's cute!

Reaction Score
I don't read more than 3 words into huskymagic's posts so I hadn't realized until you quoted him that he'd compared himself to Copernicus and Galileo. At least he hasn't compared you to Hitler (yet).

Hitler of the BY? Wow hadn't thought of that, interesting.:cool:

Reaction Score
Seems like there's no middle ground on here regarding Ollie. It's either he's a complete victim of circumstance or we're screwed with him long-term. I happen to think it's neither - this is not a well-coached team, and I find that to be apparent on a level beyond this simply being a limited group of players. The first half on Saturday was a good example of the template that has gotten us here. Cincinnati was lethargic, they were missing shots, and they were mostly playing poorly...yet we did so much screwing around on offense that we found ourselves in a big hole at halftime. He also decided to take Jalen Adams out of the game when he picked up two fouls, and I cannot emphasize enough, despite the fact it worked with Shabazz a couple years ago against Villanova: optimizing minutes based on fouls is stupid, especially when it involves a guard who happens to be your most important player. If you can't trust your point guard not to foul out when you have six players, that's a problem.

That said, there was nothing he could do about the second half. Cincinnati caught fire and we had no answers for Clark and Washington. Brimah is what he is, and you can't play him against those type of players. Obviously, we had no choice.

Things point upward with Ollie, holistically. He's a hell of basketball mind and a proven molder of perimeter talent. He has some weaknesses, one of which might be that his temperament mirrors that of an NBA coach - he's not a scathing d*** like Pitino or Cal or K...those guys operate their programs like oppressive dictators and my suspicion is that Ollie is more new-age. In and of itself that isn't a bad thing, but these guys on the court don't exactly remind you of the marines with their execution and I think it's more than just a player thing at this point.

H

huskymagic

Who are the good players and who are the bad players on this team specifically? Does the same apply to the coaching staff? Why is one of the "bad" players considered an NBA prospect? What do you think the problem with Ollie coached and recruited teams of the past 3 years have been? What are the expectations for next year's team? Do you think UCONN is still an elite program and if so do you think we need to hold the program to those standards? I think we'd all like to know the answer to these questions.

Reaction Score
Who are the good players and who are the bad players on this team specifically? Does the same apply to the coaching staff? Why is one of the "bad" players considered an NBA prospect? What do you think the problem with Ollie coached and recruited teams of the past 3 years have been? What are the expectations for next year's team? Do you think UCONN is still an elite program and if so do you think we need to hold the program to those standards? I think we'd all like to know the answer to these questions.
Just out of curiosity, what exactly is the behavior of a person who "holds the program to elite standards", and what impact do those people have on the program?

Is it just crying on the internet like a little girl with a skinned knee, or is there something beyond that?

Reaction Score

Give me 20 I'll be right back to you magic :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom