M
Montville 32 Wolcott 14
Weston 29 Ellington 22

S
Ansonia 53 Prince Tech 16
Woodland 37 Capital Prep 35
N. Branford 49 Trinity Catholic 28

Reaction Score
Was at Xavier-Greenwich. Domination from the Falcons. 48-14 end of 3. 4th Q was clock killing

Reaction Score
The Final Scores

LL Xavier 55 Greenwich 14
NFA 63 Newtown 21
Glastonbury 23 Southington 14

L
New Canaan 16 Avon 7
Masuk 21 Middletown 14
Windsor 38 Fitch 7
Hand 55 Platt 26 Late 4th qtr

M
Montville 32 Wolcott 14
Weston 29 Ellington 22

S
Ansonia 53 Prince Tech 16
Woodland 37 Capital Prep 35
N. Branford 49 Trinity Catholic 28

Thanks again... More blowouts than I thought would happen.

Reaction Score
The only score from last night that surprised me was NFA putting up 63. Not surprised they won, just that they dropped 63 on a pretty good Newtown team. Should be a good game vs. Staples. I don't think Glastonbury has any shot at Xavier.

Reaction Score
12/02/2012 Boys Football Norwich Free Academy @Staples TBA, Class LL semifinal TBD
12/02/2012Boys Football Glastonbury @ XavierTBA, Class LL semifinalTBD
12/02/2012Boys Football Woodland @ North BranfordTBA, Class S semifinalTBD
12/02/2012Boys Football New Canaan @ WindsorTBA, Class L semifinalTBD
12/02/2012Boys Football Hyde Leadership @ AnsoniaTBA, Class S semifinalTBD
12/02/2012Boys FootballPWeston @ BerlinTBA, Class M semifinalTBD
12/02/2012Boys FootballPHillhouse @ WolcottTBA, Class M semifinalTBD
12/02/2012Boys FootballPMasuk @ Daniel HandTBA, Class L semifinalTBD

My picks for the Finals-

LL - NFA vs Xavier
L - Hand vs Windsor
M - Hillhouse vs Berlin
S - Ansonia vs North Branford

Reaction Score
Boots I agree with almost all your picks. I do think Staples beats NFA, but wouldn't be surprised if NFA won. Don't sleep on Woodland, there QB in his last 2 games 1) broke the CT single game record for passing yards with over 600 yds in a win over Seymour and 2) broke the single season TD record last night. However, they already got crushed by Ansonia twice this year and would probably get blown out a third time if they make the finals.

Reaction Score
Watching tape of FNF right now. They report NFA's RB Marcus Outlow has offers from both Alabama and Oregon. I had no idea...
Haven't heard if we've even looked at him. He's barely 30 minutes from Storrs.

Reaction Score
Boots I agree with almost all your picks. I do think Staples beats NFA, but wouldn't be surprised if NFA won. Don't sleep on Woodland, there QB in his last 2 games 1) broke the CT single game record for passing yards with over 600 yds in a win over Seymour and 2) broke the single season TD record last night. However, they already got crushed by Ansonia twice this year and would probably get blown out a third time if they make the finals.

Woodland will have a difficult time with North Branford. They should be able to play with them offensively, but their defense hasn't shown the ability to shut good offenses down. North Branford has one of the best QBs in the state no one talks about in Brandan Basil. The kid is legit. Good size, strong arm, very accurate. He does an outstanding job running the T-Birds offense. On the flip side, NBs defense can give up point and yardage. So, this game could turn into a shoot out.

Staples from what I've heard, could be without RB Nick Kelly. He dislocated his shoulder in the WH game.

We'll see if Masuk learned anything from the beating they took from Hand last year.

Hyde will hang with Ansonia early, maybe a half. If Ansonia is clicking on offense, they blow Hyde out. They have great team speed and athletes, but lack size in the trenches. Newsome could have a huge afternoon.

Windsor is out for revenge.

Hillhouse should blow out Wolcott. Way too much speed.

Xavier and Berlin win comfortably, I think.

Reaction Score
Arkeel came into the playoffs with like 26 TDs... By the end of the playoffs
He'll have at least 40 and Ansonia will be champion once Again...

Staples is going to have a tough time, you just don't see backs with outlow's size and athleticism and add that with a solid overall cast and nfa easily has a chance to win the whole thing

I wonder what all of the Tim Boyle naysayers are saying now, because he has been astonishing the last 3 games... There is now no doubt he is the best qb and possibly player in the state... Oh yeah and Xavier's offense is now absolutely unstoppable w. him and luster connecting, expect Berry to torch teams once he gets to the secondary

Hand is probably going to win L, I just don't think anyone can beat them in the division

Reaction Score
Arkeel came into the playoffs with like 26 TDs... By the end of the playoffs... He'll have at least 40

Not happening - needs to play more than a half... problem with blowing out the opponents. I agree though that Ansonia should win it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
glad u guys are starting to hear about outlow. to bad we wont keep him home becuase the staff is way behind on him. he went out to b12 country over the summer and bought a new suitcase to carry home all the offers he got from camp out there. kid is the real deal. been telling u guys we have 4+ bcs rbs in this state for 2014 and he is the prise followed by newsome/phillips/cooper...

Reaction Score
Not happening - needs to play more than a half... problem with blowing out the opponents. I agree though that Ansonia should win it.
He scored 5 in a half against Prince Tech. It's not impossible, considering their opponent on Sunday and their potential opponent should they make it to the Rent. He's as healthy as he's been all year. I definitely think they will try to establish him early and often. He can certainly add 9 more in two games.

Reaction Score
glad u guys are starting to hear about outlow. to bad we wont keep him home becuase the staff is way behind on him. he went out to b12 country over the summer and bought a new suitcase to carry home all the offers he got from camp out there. kid is the real deal. been telling u guys we have 4+ bcs rbs in this state for 2014 and he is the prise followed by newsome/phillips/cooper...

You could also have Cameron Tucker (RB/NDWH) and Tony Ortiz, Jr. (RB/Gilbert-Northwest Regional) as potential BCS kids.

THC

Reaction Score
Does anybody know anything about Weston? I know Berlin has struggled with fast teams the last two years in the playoffs. Two years ago, Hillhouse nipped Berlin in the last minute. Last year Ansonia put a beat down on Berlin in the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Does anybody know anything about Weston? I know Berlin has struggled with fast teams the last two years in the playoffs. Two years ago, Hillhouse nipped Berlin in the last minute. Last year Ansonia put a beat down on Berlin in the playoffs.
Stop Haslett and stop Weston. Mr. Everything for them, dual-threat that like to run it. I don't see them beating Berlin.

Reaction Score
He scored 5 in a half against Prince Tech. It's not impossible, considering their opponent on Sunday and their potential opponent should they make it to the Rent. He's as healthy as he's been all year. I definitely think they will try to establish him early and often. He can certainly add 9 more in two games.

Yeah he's got like 30 or 31 now lol seems likely, Newsome Against class s competition is a joke
To me tucker seems like a villard type , stout with a hint of quickness and can get between the tackles... UConn should give him a look

I'd say 3 mid level bcs backs and one all American type in the state

Reaction Score
Staples 21 - NFA 21 HALF (game is streaming live on MDGVarsity.com)
Outlow (NFA) 129 yds

Ansonia 21 - Hyde 0 HALF (game is streaming live on ciac.tv)
Newsome (Ansonia) 85 yds, 2 TDs
Hyde 9 yds total offense

NB 35 - Woodland 14 HALF

Xavier 16 - Glastonbury 7 HALF

Windsor 14 - New Canaan 0 HALF

Reaction Score
Ansonia 41, Hyde 13 F
Arkeel Newsome rushed 15 times for 213 yards and 4 TDs. In the process, he broke the state career TD record (Alex Thomas, 114). Newsome now has 116 career TDs.

NFA 30, Staples 28 F

North Branford 62, Woodland 27 F

Windsor 27, New Canaan 21 F

Xavier 30, Glastonbury 7 4Q

Reaction Score

I heard from a decent source last week that Oregon offered Outlow as more of a defensive player than a running back. TIFWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom