Christyn Williams's Final 2: UConn and SC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams's Final 2: UConn and SC

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Here we go again; I have a feeling the future will hold more recruiting and hardcourt battles between our schools.

Reaction Score
Right now size is most important. We have several outstanding 6ish types, so CW will have to contend for playing time. The Big O is who we really need. Our belief that we are always the best choice for any top player worth her salt isn't always the reason kids make the choices they do. I'm sure Aja is happy at SC, but she'd have been contending for a 4th NC had she come here.

Reaction Score
I believe she already knows precisely where she is going to go. Then why do it this way?
1. Because she wants the coach of the other school to think she's really torn-- matter of respect and politesse
2. Because she wants that moment in the sun where they orchestra some really stupid t-shirt or hat thing in the gym in front of all the other students. It'd be nice if a high school did that for every student: every student gets to announce their final choice of colleges.

Reaction Score
Why are you surprised?

I am stunned that any poster on this board would be surprised that UConn made Williams's final 2.
I’m just surprised there’s a final 2. I’ve had her as a UConn lock all along.

Reaction Score
Right now size is most important. We have several outstanding 6ish types, so CW will have to contend for playing time. The Big O is who we really need. Our belief that we are always the best choice for any top player worth her salt isn't always the reason kids make the choices they do. I'm sure Aja is happy at SC, but she'd have been contending for a 4th NC had she come here.

Getting the #1 player in the country is not exactly inconsequential. While UConn does have a number of 2/3 position players on their roster, Samuelson graduates after next year and Walker is the only other player that is the caliber of Williams. I think Walker at the 3 and Williams at the 2 playing together for three years would be pretty damn special. This is not a dig at all towards Coombs, Gordon, or Espinoza-Hunter.

Reaction Score
I believe she already knows precisely where she is going to go. Then why do it this way?
1. Because she wants the coach of the other school to think she's really torn-- matter of respect and politesse
2. Because she wants that moment in the sun where they orchestra some really stupid t-shirt or hat thing in the gym in front of all the other students. It'd be nice if a high school did that for every student: every student gets to announce their final choice of colleges.
Exactly.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Pretty sure she goes to UConn now, she knows she has a more realistic chance to wins a championship with UConn especially with the rosters both have for the coming years. I don’t mean to discredit S Carolina’s championship, but UConn’s loss gave them one - just being honest!
Like Baylor's loss gave Uconn one in 2013.

Reaction Score
well, fair's fair. when I saw that absurd charging call against Baylor, I almost felt sorry for the ballistic Kim, and knew that UConn had just lucked into another NC. I just don't think Baylor deserved to lose that game or the NC.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Getting the #1 player in the country is not exactly inconsequential. While UConn does have a number of 2/3 position players on their roster, Samuelson graduates after next year and Walker is the only other player that is the caliber of Williams. I think Walker at the 3 and Williams at the 2 playing together for three years would be pretty damn special. This is not a dig at all towards Coombs, Gordon, or Espinoza-Hunter.
Meg and Christyn. I think the word is “unstoppable.” And Christyn knows it.

Reaction Score
well, fair's fair. when I saw that absurd charging call against Baylor, I almost felt sorry for the ballistic Kim, and knew that UConn had just lucked into another NC. I just don't think Baylor deserved to lose that game or the NC.
That wasn’t a game, it was a street mugging where a game broke out. Orchestrated by that chief punk at L’ville.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

The game, maybe or maybe not. But they weren't entitled to a NC they didn't play in. A case can easily be made that the Huskies were the better team by tourney's end. Doesn't guarantee they would've beaten Baylor but it was certainly no fait accompli.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The game, maybe or maybe not. But they weren't entitled to a NC they didn't play in. A case can easily be made that the Huskies were the better team by tourney's end. Doesn't guarantee they would've beaten Baylor but it was certainly no fait accompli.
Come on Sluconn. I am BIG Uconn fan. However, the same could be said of Uconn. They were not entitled to a NC they did not play in last season as some say they were. Just trying to be fair. IMO, the same could be said of both situations.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Come on Sluconn. I am BIG Uconn fan. However, the same could be said of Uconn. They were not entitled to a NC they did not play in last season as some say they were. Just trying to be fair. IMO, the same could be said of both situations.

You're right, and I would never say they were entitled to one. What I would say is that UConn was the best team in the nation last season. There was little to no gap between UConn and Baylor by the end of 2013.

Reaction Score
Are you seriously trying to figure out an 18 old? Who is about to make the biggest decision of her life to this point? A youngster that has MOST of the top 25 programs in the country wooing her, and all of them promising her the sun, moon and the stars. Being bombarded daily with the constant wooing and begging, of over zealous coaches, after awhile it all starts to run together, and becomes a blur. I was very impressed with Ionescu last year. She's special. She's going to break some records and win some awards before she moves on to the next level.

Scoop- - - -One thing you can be sure of Geno is NOT promising CW "the sun, moon, and the stars. Being bombarded daily with the constant wooing and begging, of over zealous coaches" Geno doesn't work that way! Never Has, Never Will! He tells it like it is and lets his honesty win out!

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
If we got a gift in 2013, S.C. got a gift in 2017. You have to win all of the games to be champions.

Sometimes the best team doesn't win the championship. Or, as Damon Runyon put it, "The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.” And I'm wagering that the Huskies win it all this season.

Reaction Score
Sometimes the best team doesn't win the championship. Or, as Damon Runyon put it, "The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.” And I'm wagering that the Huskies win it all this season.
Can you get odds on that?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It'd be nice if a high school did that for every student: every student gets to announce their final choice of colleges.
Bags, I think you’v Hit on a really good idea.

ESPN host:

- Joe Smoe is sitting at the table in his High School gym flanked by his proud parents looking at three hats in front of him. He starts to reach for a hat, and Oh My God, he chooses Fenwick Community College. The student body is going crazy!
:)

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You're right, and I would never say they were entitled to one. What I would say is that UConn was the best team in the nation last season. There was little to no gap between UConn and Baylor by the end of 2013.

Alternative facts on demonstration.

Reaction Score
Bags, I think you’v Hit on a really good idea.
ESPN host:
- Joe Smoe is sitting at the table in his High School gym flanked by his proud parents looking at three hats in front of him. He starts to reach for a hat, and Oh My God, he chooses Fenwick Community College. The student body is going crazy!
:)
:) But maybe not ESPN. Maybe: Alex Trebek:
81585renton121010Christian_IeWEB.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan