Christyn Williams's Final 2: UConn and SC | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams's Final 2: UConn and SC

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Williams said she's unsure what the deciding factor will be between UConn and South Carolina and thinks both schools have a world of good to offer.

"I'm just patiently waiting and talking with the coaching staffs and continuing to build relationships," she said.

When asked about the fast-approaching deadline to announce her decision on Nov. 10, Williams didn't sweat.

"That's the deadline," she said. "I'll have my mind made up."

No. 1 prospect Christyn Williams will commit to either Connecticut Huskies or South Carolina Gamecocks

Reaction Score
glad to see that UConn is still in the running, figured it was going to come down to two of UConn, SC or Texas...............if it's a matter of playing time, she will see far more of the floor at South Carolina at least early on, perhaps from the shooting guard spot as they will be deeper in point guards and wings..................Dawn is also the coach of the moment between the NC and the Olympics so that might also be a draw..................if it's about the challenge of becoming the best player she can possibly be with an NC or two thrown in as a bonus, it's gotta be UConn.........

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
My prediction still looking good:

upload_2017-10-21_16-0-19.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Good choices. Like our chances against SC. We have the coaching, future teammates, history, etc.

I hope your right. I always thought SC was our toughest competition for CW. Dawn should be attractive to potential guards and her National Team standing is a strong sell. 50/50

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I hope your right. I always thought SC was our toughest competition for CW. Dawn should be attractive to potential guards and her National Team standing is a strong sell. 50/50
Maybe, but Geno’s teams won 4 gold medals, including in record-setting fashion. Dawn has won no games as a coach.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure she goes to UConn now, she knows she has a more realistic chance to wins a championship with UConn especially with the rosters both have for the coming years. I don’t mean to discredit S Carolina’s championship, but UConn’s loss gave them one - just being honest!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Williams took South Carolina off her list at one point. Now they're in her final two. I'd put it at 75/25 odds for SC.

Is there some kind of precedent for that? I have no idea. I remember recently Ionescu had a final 3 of Oregon, Oregon St. and Cal. She eliminated OSU and Cal and out of nowhere added UW to her final 2. Didn't matter in the end as she chose Oregon.

UW was allegedly wooing her high school/AAU coach to join their staff as an assistant. That is probably why she added UW, but nothing came of it.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don’t think this will happen, but if USA Basketball chooses to go young and drops Sue and Dee, it will be tough against Spain. Despite our historic performance in Rio, the rest of the world is catching up.
All true, unless Moriah recovers fully from her injury. Then, bring 'em all on.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well. I’m surprised.

According to our Texas friend, SC had no chance and only received a visit because of DeCosta and as a courtesy to Law.

I’m glad Christyn wasn’t listening to him.
Maybe this is all a big ruse and she's gonna end up committing somewhere and then decommitting before signing date, since that seems to be the fad.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Is there some kind of precedent for that? I have no idea. I remember recently Ionescu had a final 3 of Oregon, Oregon St. and Cal. She eliminated OSU and Cal and out of nowhere added UW to her final 2. Didn't matter in the end as she chose Oregon.

UW was allegedly wooing her high school/AAU coach to join their staff as an assistant. That is probably why she added UW, but nothing came of it.

Are you seriously trying to figure out an 18 old? Who is about to make the biggest decision of her life to this point? A youngster that has MOST of the top 25 programs in the country wooing her, and most of them (not Geno) promising her the sun, moon and the stars. Being bombarded daily with the constant wooing and begging, of over zealous coaches, after awhile it all starts to run together, and becomes a blur. I was very impressed with Ionescu last year. She's special. She's going to break some records and win some awards before she moves on to the next level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom