Chief’s Briefs - Seton Hall Edition | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Seton Hall Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rashard consistently made 3 pointers and moved better without the ball.
Okay.

It was Rashad Anderson.

Rashard Lewis played for the Knicks at the end of his career.

I guess that's what came to mind.

Glad for human spellcheckers on the BY.

C

Chief00

Not sure why no Whaley despite the numbers the things he does off the stats sheet are still very good. We need him to score more yeah but you want to play Polley and Gaffney without Whaley? You just cut down on your stops tremendously.

We got beat down there stretch despite scoring because we couldn't get stops period. We need to stop forgetting about who we are on that end. jackson seems to fit on the D end he makes things difficult for the other team with his length. Gaffney showed something on O for once so if he's playing like that give him more minutes but again, can't have 2 guys who can't guard the ball in the game too much at the same time. Tyler had one rebound it was off his own miss, he watched a lot of 50/50 balls from the perimeter quite honestly. He needs to stick his nose in there more often or shouldn't see the floor. But Whaley is fine, just needs to finish other than that he's the least of our problems.

The rest I agree with for the most part.
I accept your arguments about Polley’s limitations other than if I recall pre-injury, he was the guy we would put on the other team’s best scorer. Moreover, Chief’s thought is that you should have at least 3 shooters in your rotation. At 38.5%, he is our second best 3 point shooter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tyler Polley plays like Rashard Anderson. The difference is that Rashard had guards who knew how to distribute the ball.
Well that and that Shad used to put the ball in the hole consistently.

Reaction Score
I accept your arguments about Polley’s limitations other than if I recall pre-injury, he was the guy we would put on the other team’s best scorer. Moreover, Chief’s thought is that you should have at least 3 shooters in your rotation. At 38.5%, he is our second best 3 point shooter.

I am sure you know I agreed with you that he was vastly underrated pre-injury in this board for his defense. His lost step or 2 has killed him on that end for now, hope he gets stronger as well as quicker. The 3 shooters is good but not when 2 of the 3 can't guard anyone because we need to get stops too. But I hear you, this all leads to needing Bouk back.

C

Chief00

I am sure you know I agreed with you that he was vastly underrated pre-injury in this board for his defense. His lost step or 2 has killed him on that end for now, hope he gets stronger as well as quicker. The 3 shooters is good but not when 2 of the 3 can't guard anyone because we need to get stops too. But I hear you, this all leads to needing Bouk back.
Agreed, despite the loss, Chief thinks we made a great deal of progress on two critical fronts. Getting Bouknight back and the dramatic light switch end to someone’s unlimited power to completely mess up our ability to play basketball games. In fact, LOL we may have overachieved our objectives - see that CT HS are playing basketball now. That’s great too! Chief would like to thank the people who listened first and then made this happened. A few people, with good unselfish intentions, can make a huge difference in the lives of so many. Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Nose Lying GIF by GEICO

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Tyler Polley plays like Rashard Anderson. Basically a one trick pony.

The difference is that Rashard had guards who knew how to distribute the ball.
I agree, however he's not cold-blooded. Maybe its confidence. Not sure. I'm not suggesting Polley come off a pin down or baseline screen curling and firing on a regular basis, but he must give more, we need him to be hungrier like Rashad.

Edit: Rashad not Shard

C

Chief00

I agree, however he's not cold-blooded. Maybe its confidence. Not sure. I'm not suggesting Polley come off a pin down or baseline screen curling and firing on a regular basis, but he must give more, we need him to be hungrier like Rashad.

Edit: Rashad not Shard
Thanks for everyone’s participation in another very successful edition of Chief’s Briefs. Closing this edition as we prepare for the game tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Still looks open to me
If past Briefs are an example, it’s a process rather than a hard instant shutdown. That’s fine, I kind of built that into the notification process, like last call at a bar. It’s been a great discussion and the next game isn’t until 4pm today.

Chief is suppose to do an early Valentine’s Day thing with my girlfriend tonight, so this next Briefs will be a challenge unless she has to work late and of course I wouldn’t wish for that in order to see the whole game - Would I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom