Chief’s Briefs - Iona Edition | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Iona Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Lol, yea ooooookay there Chief00L. So serious a discussion you had to account for nearly a 1/4 of all posts in your own thread to keep the discussion going with who? Yourself?

No one had to artificially bump Matrim’s vastly superior and supremely insightful thread. The readers did it themselves.
You and your friends really need to find more interesting lives. Posters often comment or ask questions about my original post and I try to respond. Nothing nefarious, it’s all basketball until you showed up. At any rate, if there’s a more interesting thread in your view, why are you on mine? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol, yea ooooookay there Chief00L. So serious a discussion you had to account for nearly a 1/4 of all posts in your own thread to keep the discussion going with who? Yourself?

No one had to artificially bump Matrim’s vastly superior and supremely insightful thread. The readers did it themselves.
You realize that no one forces you to read a Chief thread, right?

Reaction Score
I will defer to the hockey fans. In the neighborhood Chief grew up in, hockey was a foreign sport.

Chief must have grown up in a neighborhood full of morons because Hockey is one of three major team sports invented solely in North America.

C

Chief00

Chief must have grown up in a neighborhood full of morons .

Well there were probably a few - but to be fair no one played that game in Chief’s neighborhood. Basketball, football, some track and a little baseball were the sports. No disrespecting hockey - just wasn’t personally exposed to it.

CL82

Reaction Score
Is bragging about page views on an online message board a sign of someone whose life has meaning? How about throwing temper tantrums over people’s reactions to your posts?
How about obsessively crapping up threads with your dislike of a poster? As I mentioned, above, no one is making you read this thread.

Reaction Score
Yeah maybe UConn could have done a better job scheduling but come on, that game should have been sold out. This team is resurgent and fun to watch. It was pathetic that there were so many empty seats there.

Agree on this nomar pitiful showing thus far by the fan base. I mean great they get the people to show up for Florida but when things weren't as spoiled it didn't matter much people just wanted to see their Huskies. Oh well, better change in the Big East.

CL82

Reaction Score
Sorry CL. Chief’s content is less popular in the marketplace of ideas than you or he would like to admit. Popping up like a prairie dog anytime someone is even remotely critical of him won’t change that.
Lol, not so much actually, but the more interesting question is why it is so important to you to make others believe that? Stair, it's kind of weird that people profess to find Chief's post uninteresting or uninformative and yet they rush to read his posts and post about him in his threads. If you actually believed that his content lacked merit why not ignore and let it whither and die "in the free market."

Frankly, feel free to go and egg Chief's house if you want, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but stop crapping up the board with this nonsense. It's tiresome and boring.

CL82

Reaction Score
No, it actually seems to matter to you quite a lot. It’s been curious to observe how frequently other posters’ criticisms of Chief have been setting you off the past few months.

We get it, you don’t want people to be critical of Chief because it hurts your feelings. You should know by now that the world doesn’t work that way.
Nope, it's just boring. The trend to cry about Chief's posts has been stunningly ineffective with a net effect of making more of the board about Chief than about UConn. I'd like to reverse that trend. How about you?

CL82

Reaction Score
Why do people with different opinions than mine voice them? Truly a mystery.
C'mon now Stair you know, or should know at this point, the difference between a discussion on the merits and an ad hominem attack. Feel free to discuss Cheif's posts on the merits.

CL82

Reaction Score
The content of Chief’s own posts is what drives conversation away from UConn and towards himself. By worshipping at his feet and jumping on people who criticize his practice of making everything about himself, you’re not reversing that trend; you’re perpetuating it.
I like his content and have come to appreciate his writing style as an BY inside joke. If you don't, well, no one is forcing you to open the thread right?

Reaction Score
Is bragging about page views on an online message board a sign of someone whose life has meaning? How about throwing temper tantrums over people’s reactions to your posts?
To be fair, this whole views thing was started by Mano. It's frankly embarrassing that either of them care about how many views these threads get. High school level drama.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I like his content and have come to appreciate his writing style as an BY inside joke. If you don't, well, no one is forcing you to open the thread right?

We know you don’t want people who disagree with you to voice their opinions. I don’t know how to make it more clear — that’s not how this works.

CL82

Reaction Score
Did you become a moderator in my absence? I wasn’t aware of any new restrictions on how we are allowed to discuss Chief here.

Oh wait, you just don’t want to see content that offends your delicate sensibilities...
Lol, so your point, such as it is, is that you can criticize Chief's posts but no one can criticize yours? Haha that is stunningly beta.

So here's a learning exercise for you. Go back and reread your posts and notice all you have is ad hominem attacks, against Chief and then against me. You really are incapable of a discussion on the merits, aren't you? Frankly it's disappointing. I'd have hoped for a fundamental ability to structure reasoned arguments at this point in your development.

We know you don’t want people who disagree with you to voice their opinions. I don’t know how to make it more clear — that’s not how this works.

Haha well at least you are trying to switch to a strawman argument. That's something, I guess.

Reaction Score
The content of Chief’s own posts is what drives conversation away from UConn and towards himself. By worshipping at his feet and jumping on people who criticize his practice of making everything about himself, you’re not reversing that trend; you’re perpetuating it.
Yuuuuuuuuuuup. He’s hugely about himself. Yugely. It’s tremendous, just incredible, absolutely tremendously incredible his talent for making it about himself.

I tried to make my displeasure about that known in a way that wouldn’t distract the Yard, but guess who couldn’t let it go?

You’d be blind to see it’s not catching on tho.

1E06BD32-679C-4399-AB16-D7B5E2A37F2E.png

Credit to @MattMang23

CL82

Reaction Score
Yuuuuuuuuuuup. He’s hugely about himself. Yugely. It’s tremendous, just incredible, absolutely tremendously incredible his talent for making it about himself.

I tried to make my displeasure about that known in a way that wouldn’t distract the Yard, but guess who couldn’t let it go?

You’d be blind to see it’s not catching on tho.

View attachment 48917

Credit to @MattMang23
So basically your position is that you dislike Chief's writing style so you are going crap up his threads so others who want to read them can't? You don't see that as selfish and self-absorbed?

C

Chief00

Who brought up Chief in this post?
@Mano

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
LOL - You and your Insane Frown Posse need to go back and waste another day giving the other thread more views and likes by hitting the thread button all day long from your parent’s basement. You should have tons of practice from hitting the Dislike button hundreds of times a day. At any rate, Chief’s Brief is at 4K too after hitting 10k against Miami without that artificial juicing. It’s sad that apparently your life offers so little real meaning, you waste your time on such meaningless tedious tasks.
Just to be clear though, Chief’s Briefs is not for the Casual First Night and highlight video fans, we love them and they are welcome but are not Chief’s target audience. We seek a more serious discussion of hoops.

Fixed.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
- Attendance was only 5,909. Opponent, Gampel mid week game for season ticket holders and exams starting for students. From a business perspective, now that we are winning, we know the variables that drive home attendance. We need to do a MUCH BETTER job of scheduling using favorable teams, dates and locations. Unless a marque opponent, let’s not go up against the NFL. Same fan demographic. We are getting buried in too much debt not to be a lot smarter about this.
- Upgrade the WiFi and cellular capabilities at both locations. It’s an embarrassment and the students/millennials won’t go somewhere consistently where this stuff doesn’t work well. We need to get with the times.

I can't wait to see how bad the attendance will be for The Tulane game.

Wednesday
9PM tip
Students away
Tulane

The CBSSN games are always bad times...

Reaction Score
Well there were probably a few - but to be fair no one played that game in Chief’s neighborhood. Basketball, football, some track and a little baseball were the sports. No disrespecting hockey - just wasn’t personally exposed to it.
The Whalers needed fans like Chief

C

Chief00

If you want a definition of a temper tantrum, how about one obsessed dude spending weeks hitting the Dislike button 5,000 times on someone’s old posts after searching for posts up to 8 years old. Perhaps it’s more deep seated psycho anger than a flash temper, which makes it even more concerning.
If someone did that to you, I guarantee you would find it creepy.

Last edited by a moderator:

pj

Reaction Score
Premature victory lap by Mano:
Update: The “new standard” remains the old one.

“Thread A” - The Briefs:
92 Replies - 5K views

“Thread B”
69 Replies - 4K views

Good night. Chief is going out to celebrate.

View attachment 48929

It seems that a pissing match between Chief and Mano/Madmannsucks/Stainmaster/tzzandrew only serves to make Chief the standard of the Boneyard. (Since it augments the replies and views of Chief's thread.)

Why don't we make the standard of the Boneyard keeping quiet unless you have something to say about basketball, or something humorous and entertaining?

CL82

Reaction Score
Except I’m not the one telling others not to post. You can call me out all you want; I take great amusement in watching you show your hypocrisy to the rest of the board. I do think your constant service as Chief’s lapdog is pretty weird, but you have every right to do so.

No matter how much you protest, I will continue expressing my thoughts even if they cause you anguish. Grown men like yourself should be able to handle uncomfortable ideas.
Again you seem to think that is okay to criticize Chief, yet you whine about other posters criticizing you for do so. Kind of seems hypocritical, no?

By the way it's cute that you compulsively have to add a personal attack. It's your tell that this is an emotional issue for you.
Why is it that every time anyone says anything less than praiseworthy of Chief, you show up and immediately come to his defense? Can’t adults like him fend for themselves?

In any event, when I go out and celebrate, it’s not over how many views my threads on a message board get.
Lol, 1) so let me help you with reading comprehension. Dislike him all you want but crapping up threads with that nonsense, is kind of selfish right. Feel free to disagree with the substance but just name calling, that's boring.
2) Cute that you had to get in another cheap shot at Chief. You literally are incapable of posting without an ad hominem attack. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom