Chief’s Briefs - Iona Edition | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Iona Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Chief’s pure basketball and it was all that in this thread up to Mano’s first post on this thread - jealous post #47. But, Chief defends himself.

C

Chief00

Why is it that every time anyone says anything less than praiseworthy of Chief, you show up and immediately come to his defense? Can’t adults like him fend for themselves?

In any event, when I go out and celebrate, it’s not over how many views my threads on a message board get.
Playing with you - and you make it so easy.

Reaction Score
Loved the way they played this game overall.

The runs we let Iona get on us Gave Danny more opportunities to tinker with plans to either prevent or stop them.

Reaction Score
FYI. I was just having a lousy day. As I read through, I began laughing. There is no contest with myself in this thread. And I only used the dislike button once to see if it worked.

Reaction Score
FYI. I was just having a lousy day. As I read through, I began laughing. There is no contest with myself in this thread. And I only used the dislike button once to see if it worked.
So true Mad. Both sides look like idiots. Not a good look for the fan base.
Spending the weekend in Glenwood. How have you been?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'not a good look for the fanbase?' here's a home movie of us -this is what we look, and sound like. lookin good, if ya ask me. come to think of it, we all kinda look the same.

Reaction Score
Except I’m not the one telling others not to post. You can call me out all you want; I take great amusement in watching you show your hypocrisy to the rest of the board. I do think your constant service as Chief’s lapdog is pretty weird, but you have every right to do so.

No matter how much you protest, I will continue expressing my thoughts even if they cause you anguish. Grown men like yourself should be able to handle uncomfortable ideas.
To CL82's point:

Post #1- Chief summarizes his thoughts on the Iona game.
Posts #2-46- general discourse about the game, including Hurley's wholesale change in the lineup, attendance, etc. including my post #18, and Chief responding to mine #27.
Post #47- Mano starts derailing the discussion to make it about Chief...Uh-oh. The next SIXTY posts are almost entirely a back and forth snowball fight that has absolutely nothing to do with Huskies basketball and the original topic.
Post #107- JustBrewIt bravely tries to return to the appropriate discussion.

So to summarize, the first 46 posts are on topic; the next 60 are hijacked. This is not about anyone's right to post or not, but you really have no business taking the discussion off the tracks like you have. I don't want to have to sort through dozens of posts looking for ones with b-ball content.

There are a few of you that really have a problem with Chief. I'm asking you to use your judgment so that when you see a topic called "Chief's Briefs," keep on walkin' to the next topic. Your rights to bash him end where the rest of us who enjoy his insights begin.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
And Chief lives in his parents basement rent free and is their worse nightmare (well maybe not his moms (CLsomething later)).

time to kill this thing Fishy.

Yessir, it is.

I’ve asked some of the usually suspects why exactly we keep ending up this way, but they’ve yet to respond. Madmann is gonna help me sort them out.

C

Chief00

To CL82's point:

Post #1- Chief summarizes his thoughts on the Iona game.
Posts #2-46- general discourse about the game, including Hurley's wholesale change in the lineup, attendance, etc. including my post #18, and Chief responding to mine #27.
Post #47- Mano starts derailing the discussion to make it about Chief...Uh-oh. The next SIXTY posts are almost entirely a back and forth snowball fight that has absolutely nothing to do with Huskies basketball and the original topic.
Post #107- JustBrewIt bravely tries to return to the appropriate discussion.

So to summarize, the first 46 posts are on topic; the next 60 are hijacked. This is not about anyone's right to post or not, but you really have no business taking the discussion off the tracks like you have. I don't want to have to sort through dozens of posts looking for ones with b-ball content.

There are a few of you that really have a problem with Chief. I'm asking you to use your judgment so that when you see a topic called "Chief's Briefs," keep on walkin' to the next topic. Your rights to bash him end where the rest of us who enjoy his insights begin.
Brilliant summary.

Reaction Score
A few quotes that may apply here:

"If the good Lord had wanted me to make excuses for who I am, He would have given me better excuses."

"The most basic civility is to accept people for what they pretend to be, even when they pretend badly."

"Whatever you're trying to prove, it's good to occasionally spend a day not trying to prove it."

"Road rage is the expression of the amateur sociopath in all of us, cured by running into a professional."

"It's annoying to be criticized by people who know only half the story, especially when you're not sure which half they know."

"Eventually people come to understand you, and you wonder why you ever thought that would improve things."

"There is no belief so preposterous that something more preposterous cannot be cited as further proof."

"What you discover about people you try not to offend is that you can offend them without trying."

"Ever wonder why people think you should know better when you've never given them any reason to think so?"

~~ Short Thoughts For The Long Haul

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So basically your position is that you dislike Chief's writing style so you are going crap up his threads so others who want to read them can't? You don't see that as selfish and self-absorbed?
As someone with no dog in this fight (neither Chater nor fanboy), I'm viewing your rebuttals & repeats as just another flavor of the "crap" you're referring to. That's not a criticism so much as an observation, because I'm here at this point for the show. Seeing the frowny face in headdress rewarded my curiosity. Thanks @MattMang23.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You all need to go do something else with your lives.

Why does anyone care about any of this?
I like that the time stamp on this one was 4:20.

I could wait and make this 11:11, but nah.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Homeless people
War-torn nations
Opioid Crisis
Kids in cages
This
Trust me: the forum that swims in these waters isn't going to lead you to say, "Yeah, I should be there instead."

Darn, missed 11:11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog