Chief’s Briefs - Georgetown Edition | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Georgetown Edition

Reaction Score
We got whistled for 2 quick T’s. The opponents zero. That’s a fact not a theory. Lol
The idea you have that it is ok for security to let someone stay in the house after being ejected is the crazy conspiracy theory. I don’t know anyone who understands the game, who thinks that’s ok.
Did anyone, anywhere, claim we didn't get 2 technicals? No. So, no one challenged the facts.

Whether or not someone thinks they were quick or whether they were warranted or not, is up to personal opinion.

You tying those technicals back to Bouknight is the conspiracy theory.

What idea that I have...? You know I didn't say anything about my thoughts on the Bouknight situation. You literally made up a response that I didn't share.

The only one arguing whether security did or didn't do their job in this thread (on a topic from a year ago), is you!

Reaction Score
Why?
I’d like to hear more about this as well. I thought akok was in the same boat as gaffney where his minutes were disappearing so he was going to a place where he would have a better chance to be on the court.
I think they narrative was coming from this thread with the exchanged of back an forth video between the players after Akok transfer.

It was videos of them from practice dunking on each other. Not sure if they are still visible.

Then there were comments by AJ that everyone left on the team was actually committed to the team.

Reaction Score
Did anyone, anywhere, claim we didn't get 2 technicals? No. So, no one challenged the facts.

Whether or not someone thinks they were quick or whether they were warranted or not, is up to personal opinion.

You tying those technicals back to Bouknight is the conspiracy theory.

What idea that I have...? You know I didn't say anything about my thoughts on the Bouknight situation. You literally made up a response that I didn't share.

The only one arguing whether security did or didn't do their job in this thread (on a topic from a year ago), is you!
Thank you for reminding me that it's never worth the time it takes to respond to Chief.

Reaction Score
I think they narrative was coming from this thread with the exchanged of back an forth video between the players after Akok transfer.

It was videos of them from practice dunking on each other. Not sure if they are still visible.

Then there were comments by AJ that everyone left on the team was actually committed to the team.
this was the initial post jackson made. blows by corey floyd jr. and then dunks on akok:

i wasn't in the building on tuesday to see the handshake line, but it seemed like the rivalry between the two was all in good fun.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It doesnt matter who T'd up who, our what happened with Bouk last year, against Gtown. Here are the facts:

1) Hurley admitted he earned the T with the "magic word"
2) AJ only gets about 50% of the T's he might debatably earn and we will see more this year. He jaws hard, and taunts on occasion. Example: He deserved a T against Butler and didn't get one, (for ramming Bates with his shoulder after he didnt like a legal, hard screen, that was not a basketball play or a box out, it was revenge) and he faced up on Gtown bench after a 3 (and the reason why doesnt matter at that point, refs dont care about that) . If you take those two plays from last 2 games, he deserved way more in the Butler game than Gtown, but it was actually reversed in reality. Its how he plays. And Im good with it, just dont do it in a 3 point, late 2nd half game. It will all wash out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As I said previously when we play full court defense it took the high hedge fiasco off the table - that’s when those problems went away and we took the lead.

I must have missed where Georgetown never crossed half court after we pressed for one or two possessions.

Good effort, Paul, but not good enough.

Reaction Score
It doesnt matter who T'd up who, our what happened with Bouk last year, against Gtown. Here are the facts:

1) Hurley admitted he earned the T with the "magic word"
2) AJ only gets about 50% of the T's he might debatably earn and we will see more this year. He jaws hard, and taunts on occasion. Example: He deserved a T against Butler and didn't get one, (for ramming Bates with his shoulder after he didnt like a legal, hard screen, that was not a basketball play or a box out, it was revenge) and he faced up on Gtown bench after a 3 (and the reason why doesnt matter at that point, refs dont care about that) . If you take those two plays from last 2 games, he deserved way more in the Butler game than Gtown, but it was actually reversed in reality. Its how he plays. And Im good with it, just dont do it in a 3 point, late 2nd half game. It will all wash out.

Disagree on that. It was not a legal screen. Jackson shouldn't have retaliated, but it was a foul on Bates that went uncalled. When you set a pick, you have to stand and face the defender. Bates didn't He turned his shoulder into Jackson which is a foul.

Watch Bates closely.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Disagree on that. It was not a legal screen. Jackson shouldn't have retaliated, but it was a foul on Bates that went uncalled. When you set a pick, you have to stand and face the defender. Bates didn't He turned his shoulder into Jackson which is a foul.

Watch Bates closely.

Lol, he was turning to box out.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Dre T’d for retaliation foul on Manny Bates screen I thought.

Not according to the box score. I had to double check too.

I'm not guessing about the Georgetown game though. I was watching my DVR replay on my computer screen for the second time when I wrote my initial post in this thread. If anyone wishes to confirm, TCF15 has already posted a link to YouTube. The shot leaves Jackson's hands at 5:16 and goes through the net at 5:14 (about 27:30 of the YouTube video). Jackson clearly turns toward the Georgetown bench and play is stopped at 5:12. O'Connell was not even looking at Jackson when he made the hand "T" gesture.

As "Smilin'" Jack Ross would say, "These are the facts of the case and they are undisputed."

Because O'Connell was not even looking at Jackson stare down the GTown bench, leads me to believe Jackson said something enough on its own to be considered Taunting. I believe he was chirping after his dunk off Clingan's hook & lateral, but to quote a different character from that same movie, "I haven't the time nor inclination," to find it.

Now that the sequence was broken down like the Zapruder Film, I will rest, except to say that any other conspiracy theories on the subject come straight out of the same Left Field as 11:11.

Reaction Score
Lol, he was turning to box out.
So was he boxing out or setting a screen?

You called it a legal screen, now you’re laughing because he was “boxing out”.

You can’t have it both ways, and you also can’t do either with your shoulder without it being a foul.

Reaction Score
I would rest eternally peaceful if someone placed a video of the 15-2 run in the 2nd half in my casket.
That's the most fun I've had at a game in a long time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom