Chief’s Briefs - Georgetown Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Georgetown Edition

Reaction Score
Seems like a bit of a narrative-serving stretch. Who knows, but it certainly seems unlikely.
I can tell you that’s a big deal. A ref’s job is tough enough that the few ejections they make in a season, have to be actually ejections. It’s on the home team to execute it, and our performance was quite frankly an embarrassment.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Akok is still one of my favorite players! Just wish they could do more from him than a corner 3!

Reaction Score
I can tell you that’s a big deal. A ref’s job is tough enough that the few ejections they make in a season, have to be actually ejections. It’s on the home team to execute it, and our performance was quite frankly an embarrassment.
You have no idea what u r taking about. I just texted a BE official your thoughts and he called laughing. Stay in your lane Chief. Lol.

Reaction Score
After some introspection and research, I acknowledge you may be onto something. Who T’d up Andre and/or Danny tonight? Was it Mike Roberts? I noticed he officiated tonight. He also officiated the night of Bouk’s ejection vs. Xavier. If he’s the one who gave James the boot, as well as doling out one of tonight’s T’s, there is absolutely a plausible implication here.

Reaction Score
Ever since the Bouknight’s fiasco at Gampel, we have been on a well deserved short leash. What happened never should have happened, but additionally not getting the ejected person out of the arena is 100% unacceptable in the refs eyes.
Maybe, but the game should not be about the refs. BTW, the refs eyes should be on the game on the court, not in the stands.

Reaction Score
If Georgetown “has guys” why are they so bad? Can someone who has watched a ton of them tell me if Ewing is really that bad?

caw

Reaction Score
If Georgetown “has guys” why are they so bad? Can someone who has watched a ton of them tell me if Ewing is really that bad?

It could be players not executing properly but from what I have seen:

1) zero commitment on defense, think Butler against UConn for the first 30 minutes. They had a plan and they stuck to it until they got tired. Georgetown has no plan, or executes it poorly.

2) horrid shot selection. It is probably a bit of personnel but they take a ton of mid-long range two point shots.

3) very poor ball movement. This is coaching, they don't pass often at all and have zero/negligible movement from two-three positions most times down the floor on offense.

Positives:

1) they make a good amount of their twos. They have shot-makers (doesn't mean they should take those shots, but they do make a good percentage of hard shots compared to most teams)

2) they do rebound decently.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
After some introspection and research, I acknowledge you may be onto something. Who T’d up Andre and/or Danny tonight? Was it Mike Roberts? I noticed he officiated tonight. He also officiated the night of Bouk’s ejection vs. Xavier. If he’s the one who gave James the boot, as well as doling out one of tonight’s T’s, there is absolutely a plausible implication here.
He t'd up Hurley for sure Turned around and gave him and exaggerated T, right in the face.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Andre is the straw that stirs our drink. He's mixed in everything we do.
Normally yes. He was not great in the second half. He was out of control, made a lot of mistakes and poor decisions on offense. Gambled on D and we got burned. When he focused on solid D and rebounding it really helped.

Reaction Score
Was at the game and it seemed like UConn players froze Akok out. Jackson didn’t acknowledge him when captains came together with refs before game started and Sonogo didn’t acknowledge him prior to the jump. Thought that was interesting.

Lots of conversation in the off-season about now we know the guys that are here are guys that want to be here. You are with us or against us. Can grab ass after the gsme.

Reaction Score
Lots went on tonight. Got the W. Double digits. GTown shooting well above their capabilities gets the game tied. Karaban throws up 3 bricks in a row (from 3 pt land). UConn now trails. Hurley takes a well designed T to remind the stripes that the game isn't about them,, and certainly not up to them to choreograph it.. GTown shooting cones back down to earth. UConn's talent takes over. Game over.

Reaction Score
You missed that alley-oop??
Only because I loved Akok… it was an impressive dunk. Jackson got him back tho and chirped on his face after (maybe this was payback, I can’t remember). Kinda reminded me of the Stix dunk vs #1 Texas. If that happened at Georgetown place woulda gone bonkers. Still… nice dunk by our old friend, current/future foe.

Reaction Score
You're not telling us anything. You're saying it. But you saying it doesn't make it true. Why are you trudging up this narrative again???

Reaction Score
Was at the game and it seemed like UConn players froze Akok out. Jackson didn’t acknowledge him when captains came together with refs before game started and Sonogo didn’t acknowledge him prior to the jump. Thought that was interesting.
I imagine we'll do the same to Corey Floyd - oh I forgot, tough to do that when you're the last guy on the bench

Reaction Score
Georgetown was making an absurd amount of tough shots 1-on-1 and in the lane. If they have even an average night we would have blown them out of the gym.

Still, a game like this shows how impressive and important our depth is when we can have guys like Diarra and Joey C come in fresh and finish the game.

Reaction Score
Also, I get the impression that Karaban will have a tough time defensively at the 4 against bigger lineups who can attack him. I remember something similar in a previous game, maybe OK St or Iowa St.

And now we’ll have Samson back in the near future, as if this team wasn’t loaded enough.

Reaction Score
This game teaches us that if you lose your defensive focus it can all go down the drain quick. We had the depth to keep that from happening but the difficulty of BE teams even unranked is real. Don’t look at rankings.

Reaction Score
I’m the idiot who predicted uconn to hang 100 on Georgetown in a massive blowout but they hit some very tough shots. With our ranking we have to expect that some teams are going to be so pumped up to play us that these type of performances can happen against us.

I thought it was strange that our guys forgot about Akok’s game. His best offense is running in a straight line and beating his defender down the floor. He did that to us twice (I think karaban was supposed to match up with him both times). He also has the corner jumpshot sometimes off a pump fake which he also hit twice on us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom