Chief’s Briefs - Georgetown Edition | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Georgetown Edition

Reaction Score
Wow- Joey California and Diarra being the dog Jim Calhoun said he was. Along with Andre and Donovan helped to reverse a very bad second half opening. Our bench out scored Georgetown’s by around twenty points. Hawkins layup put it away.

Two teams shooting above 50% the first half. UConn doing it through ball movement and threes, Georgetown taking advantage of Sanogo’s high hedging and making us pay, while Adama is on the treadmill 20 feet from the basket.

Georgetown opened the second half flawlessly. Jackson step out of bounds, Newton missed Adama on a break away and Karaban was fouling and playing tentative. Georgetown made plays. Our 9 first half 3’s were fools gold.

Unlike many teams Georgetown can play at our speed. Wahab is probably the second best center in the league besides Adama. Georgetown is one of the few conference teams that can hang in the paint.

Then we went with our speed and pressure unit and things changed. Joey California and Diarra killed it. Clingan clogged up the middle on defense and Andre did the usual - what do I have to do to win thing. Jackson had 8 assists and Newton 17 points. Another double digit win.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I'm happy Diarra showed up because through 12 games it looked like he was slipping out of the rotation.
There are pluses and minuses from this game.
Pros: took a haymaker to the face and responded. Calcaterra played the game of his life.
Cons: got toasted on the glass. Too reliant on 3s. Forcing it a little too much for about 10 minutes in the second half.

Reaction Score
i thought that the hedge from sanogo was effective in the first half, georgetown just made insanely difficult one-on-one shots all night. georgetown countered effectively by slipping the screens in the second half and we made an adjustment of our own to end the game.

Reaction Score
i thought that the hedge from sanogo was effective in the first half, georgetown just made insanely difficult one-on-one shots all night. georgetown countered effectively by slipping the screens in the second half and we made an adjustment of our own to end the game.
You know Chief on that. I couldn’t disagree more on the high hedging. They got 12 offensive rebounds to our 4 because the hedging led to us to being out of position and that’s when it did not immediately translate to a score. The game changed when we pressured full court, which basically eliminated the high hedge as a factor - thankfully.

Reaction Score
I love Jackson, but the "T" was pretty stupid. I would have like to seen Hurley yank him (even if it's just for one possession). Jackson has been there long enough to know any team can get you on any given night in the Big East. You can't kill a potential run beccause you want to chirp a little. He's better than that, and I think he'd be the first to say so. Still, I love what he does on the floor. Another reason why I don't like the T. He needs to be on the floor and you don't want him on the bench of a close game because of foul trouble.
Joey C and Hassan were big as well, and DC was solid.

Reaction Score
I love Jackson, but the "T" was pretty stupid. I would have like to seen Hurley yank him (even if it's just for one possession). Jackson has been there long enough to know any team can get you on any given night in the Big East. You can't kill a potential run beccause you want to chirp a little. He's better than that, and I think he'd be the first to say so. Still, I love what he does on the floor. Another reason why I don't like the T. He needs to be on the floor and you don't want him on the bench of a close game because of foul trouble.
Joey C and Hassan were big as well, and DC was solid.
Ever since the Bouknight’s fiasco at Gampel, we have been on a well deserved short leash. What happened never should have happened, but additionally not getting the ejected person out of the arena is 100% unacceptable in the refs eyes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I feel for Ewing. He seems like such a nice guy.

After UConn made the run and there were only a few minutes left it looked like he was having some good natured jawing with UConn fans behind the Gtown bench.

Classic Peter Principle guy where HC is one step above his competency.

He can still be a valuable coach on a staff. Although I doubt he would go back to being an assistant. Go gracefully in to the sunset.

Reaction Score
Ever since the Bouknight’s fiasco at Gampel, we have been on a well deserved short leash. What happened never should have happened, but additionally not getting the ejected person out of the arena is 100% unacceptable in the refs eyes.
Seems like a bit of a narrative-serving stretch. Who knows, but it certainly seems unlikely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom