Chief’s Briefs - Creighton 2 Edition | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Creighton 2 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In 1995 we were #1 and Nova was top 10. I had season tickets with 3 buddies in the first row opposite the student section. Walking to the gate some guy with 3 little boys offered us $1,000 per ticket, we said no. Those were great days my fellow Huskymaniacs.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Chief has an unauthentic copycat on Twitter and now a @formerlurker creating various unauthentic Chief00 websites. Then add in the unauthentic conspiracy theories about my associations with another handle to the point they had to switch handles.

All trying to capitalize and monetize on the Chief brand. It’s hard to explain to people since these things don’t typically happen to them.

I've been out of pocket for a few days. I wasn't going to address this but you tagged me in this post and grouped me in with your Twitter account as posting lewd comments and trying to make money off both of your names.

Don't get it twisted my friend. I spent money to save the internet before you got smart enough to try and expand.

You can close it now, @Mano

Reaction Score
In 1995 we were #1 and Nova was top 10. I had season tickets with 3 buddies in the first row opposite the student section. Walking to the gate some guy with 3 little boys offered us $1,000 per ticket, we said no. Those were great days my fellow Huskymaniacs.
have a framed copy of Courant front page "#1 and #1" - both MBB and WBB first time. Promptly blown out by #15 'Nova

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
have a framed copy of Courant front page "#1 and #1" - both MBB and WBB first time. Promptly blown out by #15 'Nova

I like your style. I went with the framed Danbury News-Times in the mancave bathroom when we ended 1/1.

1611895112240.png

Reaction Score
KLTPZYXM. I feel like it is up to me to bring some sanity back to this board. There,I said it backwards!!

Reaction Score
2022. It’s confusing for 2021 because of special Covid rules for returnees. My guess is we will let things sort out and depending on various factors might go for a grad transfer who can score.
Again, we already have Hawkins and Floyd for 2021. Given the injury - is Bouknight still 100% likely gone?
You see Floyd as 2021?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
It seems the hot stretch from polley was an outlier and not a sign of things to come. Between him and adams out there bringing nothing to the table offensively it’s tough sledding.
nice to see some signs of life from rj Cole today.
As far as the loss goes we just ran into a better team today at their place. Not a bad loss. What makes it a bad loss was the fact that we blew the game with St. John’s. That one still kills me
I wonder. It would be nice if he could turn into Rashad, it would be nice. Different make-up, not going to happen.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
We need to feed Sanogo in the post with Polley same side corner and Cole same side up top. That way AS has shooters to pass to if he gets doubled from that side. If the double comes from the weak side Whaley should be on the weak side to flash for a 8pass. One sequence today Whaley was in front of the Creighton bench and passed to Sanogo in the post, Whaley's man immediately doubled down so AS passed out to IW who turned down a wide open 3 and passed back out to the top of the key. I think we need to find spots for Polley where he isn't receiving the ball on the move. Now that we have a capable post scorer we need the opponent to decide which poison to pick. Double the post or open up a shooter on the perimeter.
A man after ole Phil Jackson's heart, sounds like. The game is simple. These guys on the BY like Coach, Chief, and others preach the gospel of the Simplicity of the Game. Kick it in to a guy like Sanago, back out to a shooter like Polley, triangle situation, 3 on 2, the situation determines the next move. Phil has the great Tex Winter to thank, who was a genius on so many levels.

C

Chief00

A man after ole Phil Jackson's heart, sounds like. The game is simple. These guys on the BY like Coach, Chief, and others preach the gospel of the Simplicity of the Game. Kick it in to a guy like Sanago, back out to a shooter like Polley, triangle situation, 3 on 2, the situation determines the next move. Phil has the great Tex Winter to thank, who was a genius on so many levels.
As Chief has mentioned before, quite frankly Red Auerbach only had about a half dozen half court sets but all had multiple read the defense options. Not unlike an NFL QB, who has more plays, but reading the defense is key.
The below link is a masterpiece in simplicity and genius.
The Perfect Pick-And-Roll
Also, helps when guys can knock down the open shots.

Last edited by a moderator:

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
@olehead, I live in Chicago my friend and the Bulls run in the 90's was a thing of beauty. Phil got MJ and Kobe to buy into the triangle because they realized it created mismatches. As @Chief00 says above they had to trust their teammates to knock down open shots but once they did the offense took off. Two of the biggest shots in Bulls history were made by Paxson and Kerr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom