Chief’s Briefs - Creighton 2 Edition | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Creighton 2 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OK,I think I know what you mean, maybe its just the left brain dominant part of your world view, so I will continue to work on my make believe punctuation, with the same fervor as I have in the Real World, hoping that it will smooth out any future communication barriers, if you know what I mean??

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Sure weuld still be a whole lot of fun.
"the Chief Brand" ?
Chief has an unauthentic copycat on Twitter and now a @formerlurker creating various unauthentic Chief00 websites. Then add in the unauthentic conspiracy theories about my associations with another handle to the point they had to switch handles.

All trying to capitalize and monetize on the Chief brand. It’s hard to explain to people since these things don’t typically happen to them.

C

Chief00

Your problems identified in paragraphs 2, 3, and 4 should all be correctable with a better offensive concept and better discipline. That does come down to coaching. I am really getting tired of the high weaves against man D.
I really think we lack enough skilled offensive guys, given our injury situation. Even without that, we are very Bouknight dependent and it’s unknown how consistent he can be over a college season and we may never know.

Reaction Score
Without Bouknight, offense comes really hard for this group
we can’t afford a scoring drought to open up the game against a good team and wait 6 minutes before we have an outside threat.
Tough to win when you shoot 35% FG and 20% from 3
for all these reasons which youve been repeating over the past 2 seasons, are you on the grind for jaylen blakes? if not why not?

we still have 2 schollys open for 2021. shooting is our biggest weakness and it could be even worse next year w/o bouk and polley... blakes is a G whose best attribute is shooting. not to mention he's the only borderline top 100 player in the northeast still uncommitted for 2021. he seems like a natural fit between digg and hawk.

he has a respectable offer list but no one we cant beat out: texas, illinois, rutgers, vtech...we were invovled with him last year but backed off. since then our circumstances have changed. what am i missing?

Last edited:
C

Chief00

for all these reasons which youve been repeating over the past 2 years, are you on the grind for jaylen blakes? if not why not?

we still have 2 schollys open for 2021. shooting is our biggest weakness and it looks like it will be even worse next year w/o bouk and polley... blakes is a G whose best attribute is shooting. not to mention he's the only borderline top 100 player in the northeast that's still uncommitted for 2021.

he has a respectable offer list but no one we cant beat out: texas, illinois, rutgers, vtech...we were invovled with him last year but backed off. since then our circumstances have changed. what am i missing?
Fair question, looking forward to Hawkins. But, yes the coaches are looking for another scorer. Because of the special Covid rules and injuries it’s my belief the coaches will look for clarity on certain returnees before filling at least one spot. Justice is definitely a target.

C

Chief00

for 2021?
for 2021?! that would be....quality
2022. It’s confusing for 2021 because of special Covid rules for returnees. My guess is we will let things sort out and depending on various factors might go for a grad transfer who can score.
Again, we already have Hawkins and Floyd for 2021. Given the injury - is Bouknight still 100% likely gone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
My guess is we will let things sort out and depending on various factors might go for a grad transfer who can score
oh...well thats was why i was curious about the lack of interest in blakes, in particular, for 2021

Last edited:
C

Chief00

oh...well thats was why i was curious about the lack of interest in blakes, in particular, for 2021
Due to special one time rules, never has the grid for the next season been filled with so many questions. It’s not just how many players you can carry but how many players you can keep happy. And who you prioritize keeping happy (AKA - playing time). With Tyler, Josh and IW, we could carry additional players, beyond the usual roster size. But, it’s very unlikely we will take full advantage of these rules and it’s unknown who will want to come back.

Reaction Score
Chief is a busy man, lurker. What with advising Hurley, running Blaze pizza, keeping tabs on Drummond, and most importantly, explaining the intricacies of the game of basketball to the casual fan. And be honest, aren’t we all casual fans in the presence of Chief?
and don't forget posting over 1700 times per year on an internet message board. And that's just from the Chief00 account..

Reaction Score
Polley had 3 good halves while the Big East figured out how to play him. Yesterday, and against St John’s, his man never left him at the three point line. Never. That opens up two things. First, it means our other 4 are being guarded with one less defender playing help defense. Unfortunately, without Bouk we’re not talented enough offensively to exploit it. Second, it opens up Pollley to stop playing entirely at the 3 point line and either looking for hard cuts inside without the ball or pumpfakes and taking his man off the dribble. Polley appears unwilling to do either.
It’s also our PGs.

I’ve watched players work to get open at the 3 pt line while our PGs wait and watch and stare at the open player, considering whether to pass or not, then giving him the ball when he’s no longer open.

And our PGs have shown no recognition of dropping a pass down to a big who’s rolling to the basket after setting a pick.

Kind of surprised. DH was a PG, you’d think that’d be an area of strength. Maybe the best PGs are ‘born’ with those abilities, not something that can be taught (coached up)?

When Andre Jackson is back maybe he should be rotated into the PG slot. He has the best instinctive passing ability on the team. His handle isn’t really good. Maybe point forward.

Reaction Score
It’s also our PGs.

I’ve watched players work to get open at the 3 pt line while our PGs wait and watch and stare at the open player, considering whether to pass or not, then giving him the ball when he’s no longer open.

And our PGs have shown no recognition of dropping a pass down to a big who’s rolling to the basket after setting a pick.

Kind of surprised. DH was a PG, you’d think that’d be an area of strength. Maybe the best PGs are ‘born’ with those abilities, not something that can be taught (coached up)?

When Andre Jackson is back maybe he should be rotated into the PG slot. He has the best instinctive passing ability on the team. His handle isn’t really good. Maybe point forward.
Neither Carlton nor Sanogo has shown the ability to come of the screen, catch the ball on the move, take one dribble and attack the rim. Whenever a guard tries to make that play, unless Whalley is setting the screen, the Center isn't up to it.

That is not the fault of our guards.

C

Chief00

Neither Carlton nor Sanogo has shown the ability to come of the screen, catch the ball on the move, take one dribble and attack the rim. Whenever a guard tries to make that play, unless Whalley is setting the screen, the Center isn't up to it.

I think Sanogo by far has the best hands and foot work of any of our Bigs. But, granted haven’t seen him do it off the high screens.

Reaction Score

I agree that Carlton doesn’t have the ability to pick, roll, receive the pass, and score.

The two starting post players, Sanogo and Whaley, do. High picks by the center are an integral part of DH’s offense. The pick and roll should be a scoring option off that.

When running the weave, the guards have not looked to make that play. I don’t know who’s at fault, but that’s a common PG play that they don’t seem to have any feel for.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Bouk, crazy talented carries us on his back.

This game as in most. Offensive rebounding advantage doesn't connect to points advantage. We miss the second chance opportunity most of the time a bunny. We also don't take advantage of free points at the end of the game. 1 n 1 opportunities for us missed front end of 1 n 1s.
We do these 2 things slightly better and wer'e at worst 1 lose.
Great point about missing bunny putbacks. Another thing is Whaley seems to be hesitant down low, hesitant to explode, conjuring up his early years here.

Reaction Score
Chief, When you're at the top, people always try to take you down. That's just how it is. Consider that behavior a complement.

Reaction Score
No, I am rattled by unstable people devoting huge amounts of time disliking my posts that were 8 years old at the time. Then unstable people are embolden when posters like you encourage that type of behavior and now we have unstable people spending time and money on fake Chief domain websites and Twitter accounts that use inappropriate words and sexual preference slurs. Some may get enjoyment that these fake accounts with inappropriate content tarnish the Chief Brand and annoy me. But, you are really encouraging bad unstable behavior.
Note the spelling of gray on above likes.

Reaction Score
No, I am rattled by unstable people devoting huge amounts of time disliking my posts that were 8 years old at the time. Then unstable people are embolden when posters like you encourage that type of behavior and now we have unstable people spending time and money on fake Chief domain websites and Twitter accounts that use inappropriate words and sexual preference slurs. Some may get enjoyment that these fake accounts with inappropriate content tarnish the Chief Brand and annoy me. But, you are really encouraging bad unstable behavior.
tenor.gif

Reaction Score
It's gameday so I hereby call this edition of the brief's closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom