Chances that season ticket count will be above 30,000? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Chances that season ticket count will be above 30,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
when you consider that michigan sells 110k seats to ND and OSU at a cost of more than a Uconn season ticket, I would guess that a decent chunk of the 23,000 sold are to Michigan fans.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
when you consider that michigan sells 110k seats to ND and OSU at a cost of more than a Uconn season ticket, I would guess that a decent chunk of the 23,000 sold are to Michigan fans.

I would put the Michigan sales at <500. Probably barely 3 figures.

Reaction Score

I wouldn't. We are inside our normal range for season tickets.

Reaction Score
Someone from Florida telling another American how to vote. That's funny. It's not a coincidence that your state's shaped like a limp d ck, HDA.

Point, Whaler11.

So you mean that people who voted with their feet can't discuss Connecticut politics?? Jeez, I knew Liberals hate when us Conservatives (I'm more of a LIBERTARIAN) talk about dishonest politicians - from the Marxist in the White Hut to that thief in the governor's mansion. Sorry, I'll talk about politics.

Reaction Score
So you mean that people who voted with their feet can't discuss Connecticut politics?? Jeez, I knew Liberals hate when us Conservatives (I'm more of a LIBERTARIAN) talk about dishonest politicians - from the Marxist in the White Hut to that thief in the governor's mansion. Sorry, I'll talk about politics.

You make me want to change my name.

Reaction Score
There are two words that describe what Connecticut has become:

BUS WAY

that project says it all.

The Busway is going to be the biggest waste of Money. A commuter rail route from Waterbury to Hartford (and onto Willimantic) would be better.

Reaction Score
Since its in bold AND italics, I guess it must mean something. Although, I am still trying to reverse engineer how the Malloy Busway plays into the season ticket count....

I'll post the whitepaper if I figure it out.

It is called 'How LIBERALS can waste TAXPAYERS money!' They love to do it in Washington, Hartford and other places (like Greece!)

Reaction Score
Life expectancy, literacy, access to healthcare, level of education, income, obesity...but it's warmer, so woohoo, right?

I hate the warmth, I miss the snow!! I moved because my job went here, because my boss was losing $$ in Connecticut. As I said before, if Weicker didn't put in the income tax, I bet Connecticut would still have 6 congressional seats - not 5. It is a mute point, because Liberals (in both parties) love spending other people money. Yes, I hate liberals in both parties - I voted for Ella twice for governor and Lieberman twice for Senator (I hated Wiecker!)

Reaction Score
I hate the warmth, I miss the snow!! I moved because my job went here, because my boss was losing in Connecticut. As I said before, if Weicker didn't put in the income tax, I bet Connecticut would still have 6 congressional seats - not 5. It is a mute point, because Liberals (in both parties) love spending other people money. Yes, I hate liberals in both parties - I voted for Ella twice for governor and Lieberman twice for Senator (I hated Wiecker!)

could have CT realistically continued without the income tax? (serious question)

Reaction Score
The Busway is going to be the biggest waste of Money. A commuter rail route from Waterbury to Hartford (and onto Willimantic) would be better.
Actually it should run from Danbury to Willimantic with stops in Southbury, Waterbury, Bristol, New Britain, Hartford, East Hartford, Manchester, and Storrs (if there are tracks there) at a minimum.

Reaction Score
could have CT realistically continued without the income tax? (serious question)

John:

Weicker when he ran said that he was against having an income tax, he called it having an income tax would like putting gasoline on a fire. Not only did he put gasoline on the fire -- he drove a gas tanker truck on the fire.

Could we have continue without an income tax? Maybe we could have told the elected people in Hartford to stop spending. I'm not sure if you remember the anti income tax rally in 1991, I'm sure most of them are now moved out to lower tax states.

Reaction Score
Actually it should run from Danbury to Willimantic with stops in Southbury, Waterbury, Bristol, New Britain, Hartford, East Hartford, Manchester, and Storrs (if there are tracks there) at a minimum.

That would be a great commuter/frieght route...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If you don't pay taxes in Connecticut, you have zero reason to be bitching about the busway unless you're bitching for the sake of bitching. And oh by the way, the busway project started under a Republican governor. Stop with the thread pollution and let's get back to something at least peripherally related to football.

Reaction Score
If you don't pay taxes in Connecticut, you have zero reason to be bitching about the busway unless you're bitching for the sake of bitching. And oh by the way, the busway project started under a Republican governor. Stop with the thread pollution and let's get back to something at least peripherally related to football.

Ok.... one last statement... the last 2 Republican governors were LIBERALS! Now back to the season ticket thread. I hope the huskies would get 30K season tickets. It would show The B1G and the ACC that we are proude of the HUSKIES and yes, we might be in a screwed up league - we will support them!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Hartford to Waterbury doesn't even make the top 5 for rail needs.

1. NH-Hartford-Springfield
2. Griffin Line (Hartford-Bloomfield-BDL-Torrington)
3. Hartford-Manchester-Storrs-Providence
4. Hartford-EH-Glastonbury-Rte 2/11
5. Waterbury-Torrington
6. Boston-Hartford-NYC (here's your Hartford-Waterbury-Danbury connection)

Perhaps you can guess why it's not higher? Hint: it's not a LOCAL priority line.

Reaction Score

5. Waterbury-Torrington

Perhaps you can guess why it's not higher? Hint: it's not a LOCAL priority line.

Hmmm....Torrington to Hartford via the Griffin line? That would be great. Of course on my model layout, I have the CNE (AJ Bellevue's road) going to Simsbury interchanging with Canal Railroad (which runs on my layout from Cheshire to Westfield, Mass) and onto Winsted, where the Naugatuck RR interchange with the CNE.

Glastonbury/East Hartford to Hartford was the old Connecticut Company trolley and you could see the branch going into Pratt-Whitney on Main Street near Augie & Ray's. I have a picture of a 44 ton New Haven going up Main Street in East Hartford with an engine in '68.

The NH Hartford Springfield line is going to be a great route, especially if it goes up to Vermont as planned.

Your Hartford - Providence route is one of my idea for commuters in New England.

Boston- Hartford-NYC would help Hartford's Union Station and the area around it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
For those prideful of our state's great accomplishments, I bring you this:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimpowe...o-one-of-americas-worst-performing-economies/

And i personally familiar with a company with a 100 people employeed in ct who after reading this is serious wondering just how much longer they are going to stick around. With the state's heavy debt load, a modified form of a Detroit melt down or a doubling of taxes is a possibility in the next 20 years.

Now back to husky's football, something that unites us all.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimpowe...o-one-of-americas-worst-performing-economies/

And i personally familiar with a company with a 100 people employeed in ct who after reading this is serious wondering just how much longer they are going to stick around. With the state's heavy debt load, a modified form of a Detroit melt down or a doubling of taxes is a possibility in the next 20 years.

How many times do we need to have this fuc&ing article posted on this board? Seriously.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I havent seen it. But I have been ignoring some of the discussions on this stuff.

Reaction Score

5. Waterbury-Torrington

Since when is Torrington part of the Griffin Line? I've never seen it mentioned and it makes absolutely no sense geographically. There are rail lines already Hartford to Windsor Locks so Htfd to BDL makes sense. I don't know where you got Torrington from. I think you have #1 on the list correct as that is already in progress. #6 has been mentioned by the federal government as a link in their high speed rail lines in the future. There is no pressing need for rail service from Waterbury to Torrington. Do you live in Torrington? Htfd to Providence would be part of #6. #4 won't happen in our lifetimes or our childrens.

Reaction Score

Yes UConn football unites us all... and we may have differences in politics, but we can agree on UConn...(of course, we can't agree if we should be in the B1G or the ACC or the AAC or the XII...but UCONN SPORTS unites us!!

Reaction Score
Your point doesn't have the ability to speak?

Really?? I can't speak because I don't live in CT?? I do own a business in CT - I will speak up against any politicians from ALL PARTIES!! Yes, including Republicans who are spending like DRUNKEN POLITICIANS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom