Chances that season ticket count will be above 30,000? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Chances that season ticket count will be above 30,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
For the best home schedule ever- not particularly impressive so far.

Top of the rent selling well is indicative that tickets are priced too high in other sections for a team coming off back to back 5-7's.
I'm a recent Top of the Rent buyer. Before, I would buy single game tickets, since I generally go with non-UConn people from work or family so it was easier to choose one game and organize it as an outing. This year I figured it was important to support the program, so if I can't make some of the game times I'll eat the tickets or give them to students, hence going with the cheaper TOTR option. So maybe that fits the profile of casual fans... hopefully TOTR sells out and those buyers still are intrigued enough by michigan to go for the slightly more expensive reserved season tix.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ding ding ding ding

It's a dangerous game, though. You could recognize that the fan base has been through the friggin wringer between conference realignments and bad football by cutting prices, but then you just widen the income gap between yourself and SU and eventually RU...
Personally- I think it's more important to price things right for a sellout, versus wringing every last cent. But we'll see... Maybe mini plan packages and single game sales get us there.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
On balance, I'd consider anything above last year's total (full season only, none of this mini-plan BS) to be a success.

As I've said for a while, the proof will be next year when the schedule isn't as good and the year after when the 3-cycle ends.

The effects of the AAC will be in full bloom. We'll need to be out or in the process of leaving, because 15k would be a difficult number then IMHO.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Ding ding ding ding

It's a dangerous game, though. You could recognize that the fan base has been through the friggin wringer between conference realignments and bad football by cutting prices, but then you just widen the income gap between yourself and SU and eventually RU...
Plus when (hopefully soon) the product improves and you raise prices because you're short on revenue, you tick off a good percentage of those buyers. I have no experience in sports marketing or whatever but my guess is that teams want a stable base of long-term buyers and if the price fluctuates several times in a decade, that diminishes that stable core of your market. But I imagine it's hard to know what the best play is.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Personally- I think it's more important to price things right for a sellout, versus wringing every last cent.

I've always been a proponent of that, but I want to be fair to the counter argument because its a fair one.

I agree on the sellout theory, especially with a place with really high-priced concessions in a Megalopolis market. At $11 a beer, you can make up that ticket difference a lot easier than at a school that doesn't sell beer at all. Sure, someone gets in for $15- then they spend $11 on beer, $6 on a burger, $25 on a hat...but then you have to also factor in the outlay for concessions with increased product moving...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I've always been a proponent of that, but I want to be fair to the counter argument because its a fair one.

I agree on the sellout theory, especially with a place with really high-priced concessions in a Megalopolis market. At $11 a beer, you can make up that ticket difference a lot easier than at a school that doesn't sell beer at all. Sure, someone gets in for $15- then they spend $11 on beer, $6 on a burger, $25 on a hat...but then you have to also factor in the outlay for concessions with increased product moving...
Haha I think those prices are too high too... But I know you can't just eliminate all the revenue. :)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My 26,500 over under looks pretty close.

Reaction Score
As I've said for a while, the proof will be next year when the schedule isn't as good and the year after when the 3-cycle ends.

Yep, this is when the rubber meets the road so to speak.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Incredibly disappointed that we don't have at least 25,000 thus far. Connecticut fans sure are a jaded fickle bunch. This is eerily similar to the Whalers ticket drive before they left. The concept is the same: buy season tickets to show market value/interest or else risk losing your team (in this case, being stuck in conference purgatory). If fans aren't going to buy season tickets to see Maryland/Edsall, Michigan, Rutgers for the last time, and Louisville for the last time, they never will. We NEED 30,000 season tickets very badly.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well we heard the students weren't sold out so maybe we put up some volume there to make the numbers look better.

The top of the rent tickets look as though they have been purchased by brokers - rows and rows for Michigan on some secondary sites.

Reaction Score
I'd like them to lower the cost of beer and encourage a higher volume of sales of beer and food. Beer/food=fun=ticket sales.

Keeping the day affordable for average people is critical. I and I gather many of you, will spend big money on having fun and seeing games. However, many of my friends are much more cost conscious than I am and $11 beers are like kryptonite to them. Frankly, I don't really enjoy an $11 all that much either. Its just outrageous, but I'll still pay it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd like them to lower the cost of beer and encourage a higher volume of sales of beer and food. Beer/food=fun=ticket sales.

Keeping the day affordable for average people is critical. I and I gather many of you, will spend big money on having fun and seeing games. However, many of my friends are much more cost conscious than I am and $11 beers are like kryptonite to them. Frankly, I don't really enjoy an $11 all that much either. Its just outrageous, but I'll still pay it.

This is the benefit of bringing women to games. Bras are the perfect alcohol smuggling device.

Reaction Score
This is the benefit of bringing women to games. Bras are the perfect alcohol smuggling device.

or tampons ;)

Tampon_Flasks_Featured.jpg

Reaction Score

I rarely drink inside the stadium either even though I can afford it. I try to load up before hand and then mellow out during the game.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I rarely drink inside the stadium either even though I can afford it. I try to load up before hand and then mellow out during the game.
I'm with ya. I don't like the beer prices... But if they wanted to keep em lofty so as not to encourage excessive drinking... Well I still wouldn't like it, but I'd understand. The rest of the concessions are overpriced though to the point of not being family friendly. It's not right.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't get why people worry about the food inside. Once I've tailgated eating inside doesn't cross my mind.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't get why people worry about the food inside. Once I've tailgated eating inside doesn't cross my mind.

I pretty much stuff my face to the point of pain before the game at the tailgate.

About the last thing I want is a $8 hot dog or $11 beer in the stadium lol.

Reaction Score

My kids usually eat inside because they are picky but I don't. Picky meaning they like nuggets and fries. :)

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
There is that whole 'drive home' to think about too. I like to keep it in between the navigational beacons...

I do get water and coffee though, not too much markup there...

Reaction Score
There is that whole 'drive home' to think about too. I like to keep it in between the navigational beacons...

I do get water and coffee though, not too much markup there...

I've only gotten coffee over the years on the really cold days, but even that is $4 which is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
I've only gotten coffee over the years on the really cold days, but even that is $4 which is ridiculous.

But when beer costs $11 it feels like a deal. :)

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how many tixs they lock down for last August?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Does anyone know how many tixs they lock down for last August?
Last year a total of 24,000 season tickets sold. At this point last year they had sold 21,600. So we are +1,400 vs. last year at this point with 23,000 to-date.

Reaction Score
According to the athletic department, UConn has sold 23,000 season tickets. It sold 24,000 in 2012. UConn is ahead of where it was in season ticket sales at this point last year by 1,400. August is the school's last big push month for ticket sales. The "top of the Rent" tickets have been doing very well. Those tickets are $140 and gets fans into seven home games. UConn has about 1,300 of those to offer and there are about 200 left. The school has never done that well with the promotion.

24,500 looks locked in. I'll guess 26,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom