• Mississippi State

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 24 38.7%

• Total voters

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
My gosh. This team. It's like they don't know that there's a game being played until they're down by 10. I've never seen anything like it.

Clearly the halftime directive was to drive and draw fouls and it worked great that quarter. Arike is all kinds of out of control on some of these drives but they are giving her the calls. As I said re Miss St's defense, figure out how they are calling the game and use that to your advantage.

I don’t know how you phantom foul less. But I’m willing to learn.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Is this really what the NCAA wants for the women’s game? Rugby with a round ball. Ugly. Switching to the finals of the Miami Open... Isner versus Sasha Zverev.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Mississippi St. has got to get some shots for Vivians, she nearly disappeared in Q3. McCowan has to hit her FTs.

Reaction Score
What is Schaefer doing? You don’t sit McCowan late in the third quarter with three fouls. Just tell her to play straight up defense. Now that big lead has evaporated.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Start of the 4th Quarter and I'm predicting ND will win this game. They'll win it on the Free Throw Line. Miss St is 4-10 on FT's ND 13-15.

I might have been wrong about ND not getting to the Free Throw line 23 times. The game is being called different then in the 1st half.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Tied game going into the 4th. Should be a good finish.

Reaction Score
Is this really what the NCAA wants for the women’s game? Rugby with a round ball. Ugly. Switching to the finals of the Miami Open... Isner versus Sasha Zverev.

Wants? It was up to the other teams to beat 'em.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Start of the 4th Quarter and I'm predicting ND will win this game. They'll win it on the Free Throw Line. Miss St is 4-10 on FT's ND 13-15.

I might have been wrong about ND not getting to the Free Throw line 23 times. The game is being called different then in the 1st half.

They had double digit FTA in Q3. They are going to exceed 23 this game.

Reaction Score
MSSt's strength comes from disruptive matchups. They've got a strong giant center in the middle to clog things up and get O-boards and putbacks and easy shots under the basket. They've got three players who shoot well from 3 (highly unusual for an SEC team), and two of them can also drive effectively. McCowan is tough to stop one on one, but if you double her you've got big trouble with those guards. She also lets those guards be very aggressive on defense because she's a stopper of last resort.

However, if a piece is missing from that lineup (most importantly McCowan), MSSt often doesn't look nearly as good. They're not what you would call an elegant and versatile offense. Take away the matchup problems they pose for almost everybody and they turn into...an SEC team. :D

Still no clue who will win this game, though.

the Q

Reaction Score
Wants? It was up to the other teams to beat 'em.

Not what it looked like. Looked like they wNted to keeps Nd in both games so they’d be close

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Of course MSU looked dead in the water against Louisville and pulled that one out, so maybe they have ND right where they want them.

Reaction Score
Vic Shaefer just told Holly that ND has ditched its offense and is basically playing iso ball. MSU having trouble coping. Speaks to what many are saying re UCONN's offense.

the Q

Reaction Score
Mabrey walked, no call

I’ve given up expecting calls against Nd since they let diggins take 3 full steps her entire career

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Vivians and McCowan scoring again, MSU stabilizing

Reaction Score
All this complaining about the refs makes me want to root for ND and I hate them forever

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Vic Shaefer just told Holly that ND has ditched its offense and is basically playing iso ball. MSU having trouble coping. Speaks to what many are saying re UCONN's offense.

Good refs won't reward flailing, out-of-control drives. You'd have to find some of those first, however.

Reaction Score
I had ND by 7 in this one, that prediction may be in jeopardy. Now I know why I don't gamble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom