• Mississippi State

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 24 38.7%

• Total voters

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
This game had me on the edge of my seat all the way through. Relentless defense on both sides. Unusual for me to find a largely defensive game so exciting. Terrific comeback by ND after a terrible first half -- not entirely surprising; Coach McGraw is a master at making half time adjustments, but the players gotta execute. Props to Miss State. I was rooting for Victoria Vivians, who played like their Katie Lou. Teaira McCowan still needs some improvement on the short set shots. Arike Ogunbawale -- lightning strikes twice!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Not that it matters but has a WBB NC ever lost a regular season game by 33 points (or more) before?

Reaction Score
Meh. We're going to have to agree to disagree. Not even close to a huge hip check. They make contact but only AFTER William no longer has possession. Like I said before, pains me to say it, but good no call.
Dee? Dee Kantner. Is that you?
I am embarrassed for women’s basketball.

Reaction Score
I blacked it out from my mind. :)

I guess you'll have to settle for something more convoluted like "No SEC championships won against a non-SEC opponent since 2008*" ;)

*Tennessee won in 2007 and in 2008

Reaction Score
Anyone else other then me thinks ND wouldn't have won if their players didn't go down with injuries??

we'll find out next season................the pressure is on ND..........I assume they will be ranked number one..........

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Anyone notice that Lawson did not seem amused by either of Arike’s buzzer beaters but was more excited by Johnson’s? She had a huge reaction last year to William’s too. Wonder if she’s not a ND fan..

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
ND had 14 votes right before the end of the game... now they are up to 19 :D

Reaction Score
Anyone notice that Lawson did not seem amused by either of Arike’s buzzer beaters but was more excited by Johnson’s? She had a huge reaction last year to William’s too. Wonder if she’s not a ND fan..

She gave her props but I was thinking the same thing!

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
And do not forget the absolute chippy that McCowan missed. Miss St had their chances and choked up a furr ball.
She got fouled the layup after but .....

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Geez, people, go get a beer or something. I’ve seen some really wild statements and more than one classless one.
Wouldn't that be "classless"?
And I probably resemble that remark. Oh wait, I think my reply is obsolete now due to an edit.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
How does Mabrey not get called for a foul? On the other hand, maybe poetic justice because McCowan should have been called in the last few seconds against Louisville (Hines-Allen) and likely it would have been an all ACC final. So... our 2018 NCAA Women's Rugby Champion is NDHead bang

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
And do not forget the absolute chippy that McCowan missed. Miss St had their chances and choked up a furr ball.

And then won the game wih a great defensive play to steal the ball. Only to get tackled and give Nd the game.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to ND. Not happy about it, but it is what it is.

I think you have to feel for Vic and his girls after Mabrey completely clobbered - I apologize for not knowing the player, as I don't watch much outside of UConn for WBB - the poor girl at around half court. But it is what it is, and I hope Vic gets his eventually. Great coach with a great team who unfortunately ran into the typical issues one encounters when playing ND.
Great job noticing William getting rammed. Sorry to say but this game stunk. Miss St uglies up these games and the refs ruin them. By the time L’ville Miss St got to the last three minutes I lost focus because the refs stunk so bad and the play stunk. Maybe the defenses were just sooo much better than the O in both Miss St games. Lost interest and I’m a L’ville fan. Play and shooting has to be better. The ND-UConn game was the only entertaining game of the three and I’m no UConn or ND fan

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Jeff Walz saying that "player" is pretty good. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom