• Mississippi State

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 24 38.7%

• Total voters

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I know a lot are bummed about last night's heartbreaker, so I apologize if this is too soon to post....but I'm doing it anyway. What do people think about tomorrow's matchup?

For me, it's a really tough call. I think I'm going with Mississippi State since McCowan is playing so well, but ND's three perimeter players are just so dangerous that it could be anybody's game. I'd say Missisippi State in a close one. 69-65.

Reaction Score
I think ND is just playing with that reckless abandon that allows them to feel no pressure. Mabrey2 probably drains 5 or 6 from NBA range tomorrow night. I'll say ND 78-66.

Reaction Score
This is a game I wish both teams could win. They've shown lots of heart, fiery determination and togetherness on some big stages the past two seasons, and I would love it if every player could reap the rewards.

Last night, Mississippi State didn't look very intimidating against Louisville, until the overtime period. McCowan seemed slow and made some silly mistakes, and didn't always appear to me like a game-changing type player - but her stats tell a different story, of course. ND seemed stronger throughout their game, except for the second quarter.

Looking forward to it no matter what. What an exciting time!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Whoever wins, the other team suffer a similar disappointment to UConn. If ND loses, it will be the third time they beat UConn in the semis, only to lose the final, and be denied a NC. If Miss. St. loses, it will be a repeat of last year (similar to UConn), where they win an overtime thriller in the semis, only to be denied a NC in the finals.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
This is a game I wish both teams could win. They've shown lots of heart, fiery determination and togetherness on some big stages the past two seasons, and I would love it if every player could reap the rewards.

Last night, Mississippi State didn't look very intimidating against Louisville, until the overtime period. McCowan seemed slow and made some silly mistakes, and didn't always appear to me like a game-changing type player - but her stats tell a different story, of course. ND seemed stronger throughout their game, except for the second quarter.

Looking forward to it no matter what. What an exciting time!

I agree. Both have great underdog stories in their own way, and I like both coaches and programs a lot. Last year when SC won the title, people said the title had an asterisk because SC didn’t beat UCONN. No one will say that about the winner of Sunday’s game.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The fact that the media loves the 4 ACLs story, MSU will probably be playing an 8 on 5 game (with the Bulldogs getting the short end of the stick).
But if McCowan and MSU get to play their usual SEC football type of game, it could be interesting, but I certainly won't be watching it.

Reaction Score
I agree. Both have great underdog stories in their own way, and I like both coaches and programs a lot. Last year when SC won the title, people said the title had an asterisk because SC didn’t beat UCONN. No one will say that about the winner of Sunday’s game.

Funny when I pulled up the national championship winners from the NCAA site, I didn't see an asterisk by the 2017 game. I thought the goal was to win 6 games. The goal is not to win 6 games and beat UCONN.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Really bad matchup for ND. McCowan too much for Shepard.

Reaction Score
Got a pizza on Mississippi State. Great season so far capped off by winning the title. Nothing sweeter.

Reaction Score
McGraw and ND have only one one National Championship, and that was against a depleted Connecticut team. Let's keep it at one.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Notre Dame has a good chance if they can dribble-penetrate and get McCowan in foul trouble. IIRC this was a major factor in SC's win over Miss St in the SEC tournament.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Really bad matchup for ND. McCowan too much for Shepard.

Felt like everyone was talking about Carter before Sweet 16 game. Felt like everyone was talking about Ionescu before Elite 8 game. Now it seems like McCowan is the one player everyone is talking about before this game.

She's scary but Louisville had the semifinal in their grasp and they're smaller than ND. Maybe ND can derail one last hype train?

I'll be watching through my fingers. I was hyped after UConn but my pessimism has returned. Expecting a couple hours of very uncomfortable viewing. Hopefully, there will be joy rather than disappointment at the final buzzer (I say this knowing most here would like nothing more than for ND fans to be disappointed).

I'm so nervous that I found myself discouraged that the Easter bunny picked Miss. St!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I had Mississippi State winning it. In my bracket. I will pick them tonight.

Reaction Score
Looks like Ogunbowale's last second OT shot is the new William replay that we'll be seeing for the next year.

Reaction Score
Think ND is overdue to win one of these NC games (been here a lot but only 1 title) but who knows.

Reaction Score
Dumb pass by Shepard there she had a clear path to the basket

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I am rooting for the team in White as I watch the WBB NC game that was played on 4/5/2016...
(I know,as Bon Jovi says, Living In The Past...)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Miss St. not that hard to guard as of yet but McCowan is missing on decent looks. Can't count on that all game.

ND hasn't really settled in yet offensively, Arike especially. Nerves really apparent for both teams so far.

Reaction Score
Schaefer and Williams look just as spooked and indecisive as they did vs Louisville. They are in trouble if that keeps up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just think ND has better offensive players. They've played with a short roster all year. Mufett has been here. Irish over Bulldogs.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Vivians is the true star of Miss St. Talented and clutch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom