• Mississippi State

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 24 38.7%

• Total voters

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
On the bright side, it can't go any worse than it did for Notre Dame in that second quarter!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
And we lost to this team. Hurts as much as losing to Mississippi State last year.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Maybe a blessing we lost to ND in the semi's. We may have been bludgeoned by Miss St in the finals. :rolleyes:

Disagree. This is just a really, really bad matchup for ND. Shepard and Nelson are not very mobile or quick so McCowan doesn’t need to much to defend. Gabby and Napheesa would have exposed her with their quickness.

Reaction Score
There may be a winner's curse at play. Any team that has to beat UConn along the way gets so drained that they are not able to muster up the energy to win again.

Let's see how this game goes. So far, my hypothesis holds!

Good luck to the teams.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
9 assists, 20 turnovers.

Thank goodness these teams are here to save the day after UConn killed the sport.

Reaction Score
Early o shepard was pulling McGowan outside bigger lineup keeps tiera inside less room for penetration

Reaction Score
Miss St.'s playing style is a crime against basketball. Have a bunch of interchangeable quick guards grab on every defensive possession. Throw it to the big siege tower on offense.

Yes, I'm salty, lol.

I mean you have to hand it to them. They are stifling. But they get away with a ton on every possession.

They are physical but you can't back down! Holmes isn't a scorer and neither is Danberry! If you watch closely they only run plays for Vivians to get shots or they throw it down to McCowan. ND must come out that zone and go into a saggin man to man. Give their non shooters a cushion but faceguard Vivians and help down when McCowan gets touches! Do you happen to have Muffett's number? Because I need to give her a call :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Kalina slithered out of his hole. Only he could come up with this take after watching that 20 minutes of slop.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
That’s SEC basketball and it’s awful, but until the NCAA forces officials to live up to it’s stated goal of freedom of movement we’re stuck with it.

Teams try it in the ACC, too, but they aren't good enough to win that way. But this...this is a masterclass in ugly basketball. No one associated with Miss St. will care if gets them the title, though.

And honestly it's just smart to do. Recognize what the refs are going to call and play right on that edge. They can afford to do it because they use a lot of players. Only McCowan's and Vivians' fouls really matter. The rest can go all-out.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Vivians is doing all the scoring Miss St needs (14 pts) . Her defense is top notch as well (4 of the 6 Miss St steals)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Refs are calling this game like an SEC Physical Type of Game. Touch Fouls aren't being called and that is hindering ND's style of play. They won't get to shoot 23 Free Throws tonight if the game is called the same way in the 2nd half. ND is fortunate they aren't down more points as Miss St has missed some wide open shots.

Not sure IF UConn would beat this Miss St team if the game was called the same way. I expect McCowan would have an easier time against UConn's post players. Now if UConn is hitting their three point shots, Miss St wouldn't win.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Ogunbowale 1-10, 2 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists

She truly is magic.

Reaction Score
Miss St.'s playing style is a crime against basketball. Have a bunch of interchangeable quick guards grab on every defensive possession. Throw it to the big siege tower on offense.

Yes, I'm salty, lol.

I mean you have to hand it to them. They are stifling. But they get away with a ton on every possession.
My view exactly! McCowan literally bludgeons her defender with her elbows everytime underneath, no call.

Reaction Score
ND needs to stop playing hero ball. This pressure exposes that they don't have a true PG. Also Young has been out since the first q. Her second foul looked like she was hit in the face, not sure how she was called when William hit her in the face and fell on her own. Ogunbowale is short on all her shots. Bad half

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Teams try it in the ACC, too, but they aren't good enough to win that way. But this...this is a masterclass in ugly basketball. No one associated with Miss St. will care if gets them the title, though.

And honestly it's just smart to do. Recognize what the refs are going to call and play right on that edge. They can afford to do it because they use a lot of players. Only McCowan's and Vivians' fouls really matter. The rest can go all-out.

Yep. Said the same thing after last year’s loss to MSU. They count on the officials not wanting to whistle fouls every 20 seconds. Teams need to adjust, but the long term solution is to have the NCAA fix this. Games like tonight’s do nothing to further the women’s game.

Reaction Score
Not kidding. NCAA website has score backwards on its website. I guess we know who they want to see win!!

Reaction Score
NDs passes into the post have been awful. Shepard will eat Viviane alive down there if they could stop throwing directly to her. Mabrey and Ogunbowale have been awful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom