Champions League Draw | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Champions League Draw

Reaction Score
Spurs are very fortunate to only be down 1-0 after today, and as bad/fatigued as they looked, Ajax is legit. Vertongen's injury was no bueno.. hopefully he will be back for Saturday @ Bournemouth and next Wednesdays 2nd leg.

Tottenham is literally limping across the finish line at this point. But, watching Arsenal, Chelsea, and United this weekend, they're all burnt as well. The FA needs to revisit all the matches EPL teams play, between EFL Cup, FA Cup, the EPL, and the top 7 playing in Europe, it takes a toll (after a World Cup year no less). At the very least, get rid of the "replay" in the Domestic Cup matches and just go straight to PK's if the first match is a draw.

Agreed, its like no one right now wants to finish in the Top 4. Haven't see such ugly losses by the Gunners since the team quit on Wenger last season. Man U and Chelsea have not looked much better.

Reaction Score
The extended injury stoppage saved Spurs bacon. The away goal is immense.
Indeed, and Ajax's near miss off the wood work at about the 77th minute would have been immensely massive.

Reaction Score
Spurs have been even worse in league. Although they have the excuse of "if no one is going to catch us anyway why do we have to care."

Reaction Score
Dembele had two chances to ice this thing and he flubbed both. Brutal to watch. And Messi, he's a really good soccer player

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you have access to a TV now would be the time to watch Liverpool-Barcelona. 3-3 with 30 min left

Reaction Score
goes right back to dembele's 2 horrible attempts at the end of game 1. must be ruthless
Had a strange feeling Barca would bottle it after that miss. Messi face in hands 90th minute up 3.

Reaction Score
I missed it; but, went I caught the score a few minutes after the end, just holy ship. Epic meltdown by Barca and one heck of a fight by Liverpool, especially without 2 key players.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Was it a meltdown? Or a team that just wasn't as good? Those Messi goals look flukey upon reflection.

Reaction Score
Was it a meltdown? Or a team that just wasn't as good? Those Messi goals look flukey upon reflection.

Barca has changed. Also Liverpool seized the momentum.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah but can they get it done on a rainy Wednesday night in Foxboro?):
All I know first hand is that they got it done on a nice night in East Hartford.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I saw a few comments on other sites about Messi not showing up for big games, both in league and international. Also I think there were some bad road losses for Barca.
I'm a Liverpool fan and am still in shock. I expected very little without Salah & Firmino. LFC really dominated that game.
On a general note, something really needs to be done about flopping. Suarez might be the worst I've seen. His rolling around after backing into Virgil van Dijk was a disgrace. Matches need to be reviewed after the fact. To me it really tarnishes the game.

Reaction Score
I saw a few comments on other sites about Messi not showing up for big games, both in league and international. Also I think there were some bad road losses for Barca.
I'm a Liverpool fan and am still in shock. I expected very little without Salah & Firmino. LFC really dominated that game.
On a general note, something really needs to be done about flopping. Suarez might be the worst I've seen. His rolling around after backing into Virgil van Dijk was a disgrace. Matches need to be reviewed after the fact. To me it really tarnishes the game.

I did not watch the game as I had other obligations; but, from what I read and saw afterwards, Liverpool's non-stop pressure really got to Barcelona and caught them by surprise, which indicates a lack of prep by Barcelona's training staff and lack of focus by the players. After all, Liverpool has been pressuring like that the entire season.

As for the theatrics, it's been like that forever (there are some insane clips on YouTube of the USMNT's former coach Klinsmann during his prime in the 80's); but, unless FIFA steps-up or the tackling rules are rolled back to the '80's, i.e. no blood, no foul, where a player knew if he flopped, he would physically pay for it soon after, it's not going to stop. Suarez is a prime example, though Neymar seems to have overtaken him both the in-play theatrics and the post-game hysterics.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Suarez is a prime example, though Neymar seems to have overtaken him both the in-play theatrics and the post-game hysterics.
Forgot about Neymar since I primarily watch just Liverpool, but good call on that. He IS the worst, hands down.
If I had my way, they'd review every game and give post game cards. I think folks that don't watch it on TV point to the flopping as one of the negatives. It won't stop me from watching, but I do find myself yelling at players to get up. Not as Bad as Jack Edwards of the Bruins in this clip, but not missing by much.

Reaction Score
Ouch, Ajax is ahead 2-0 over Tottenham and lead 3-0 in agregate at the half in Tottenham. The Spurs have 45 minutes to score 3 away goals and keep Ajax from scoring any more. Not promising.

Reaction Score
Ouch, Ajax is ahead 2-0 over Tottenham and lead 3-0 in agregate at the half in Tottenham. The Spurs have 45 minutes to score 3 away goals and keep Ajax from scoring any more. Not promising.

Wow! The English teams certainly don't quit! Saw the last goal and then my connection timed out. Just watching the last few seconds now!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom