Cecilia Zandalasini | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cecilia Zandalasini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lots of good kids coming from Europe lately. I guess it's an economy thing; when the economy isn't too hot in parts of Europe, there are fewer opportunities through private clubs and early-starting professional careers.

I suppose that isn't a bad thing. They might not get paid directly as they would if they had turned pro at 18, but having a post-secondary school degree will probably help when their ball playing is done.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Lots of good kids coming from Europe lately. I guess it's an economy thing; when the economy isn't too hot in parts of Europe, there are fewer opportunities through private clubs and early-starting professional careers.

I suppose that isn't a bad thing. They might not get paid directly as they would if they had turned pro at 18, but having a post-secondary school degree will probably help when their ball playing is done.
Many Europeans have free education through university if they qualify.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Icebear - Free education but not free room and board.
There was an article maybe a year ago specifically about the Spanish league financial collapse but also pointing to other leagues' financial conditions that suggested we might see a larger influx of European players because the pro contracts were going to be tighter and less lucrative. Maybe we are beginning to see that?

Reaction Score
So... does anyone know if Geno is looking at her? If she is looking at UCONN?
Mi chiedo se essendo entrambi italiani possono beneficiare UCONN , dopotutto sono entrambi connazionali

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I think UConn's chances with Dangerfield are quite good. Wish I felt a little better about Lauren Cox though.

Reaction Score
I think UConn's chances with Dangerfield are quite good. Wish I felt a little better about Lauren Cox though.
I also feel UCONN has a good chance at landing her. I believe itll come down to both schools tbh. Holly has been trying to keep a tight hold on in state talent. She's going all out for Ms. Dangerfield and a pretty good leaning Chassity Carter. This will be an interesting recruiting battle imo.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I also feel UCONN has a good chance at landing her. I believe itll come down to both schools tbh. Holly has been trying to keep a tight hold on in state talent. She's going all out for Ms. Dangerfield and a pretty good leaning Chassity Carter. This will be an interesting recruiting battle imo.

But hasn't Tenn signed a highly rated point guard (forgot her name) in the 2015 class and won't that play into Dangerfield's decision?

Reaction Score
Tea Cooper....yes they have but trust me, that still hasn't stopped Holly. I believe thats the reason why UCONN does have such a good chance at pulling her out of state.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Tea Cooper....yes they have but trust me, that still hasn't stopped Holly. I believe thats the reason why UCONN does have such a good chance at pulling her out of state.

Oh I understand Holly will try and keep her in Tenn. I'm also sure Holly realized that signing Cooper (important piece to the Deshields transfer) might jeopardize her ability to sign Dangerfield.

I'm just impressed that on his day off from USA basketball obligations Geno traveled to Tenn to visit a recruit.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
It seems odd to me too and a little bit of the past repeating itself where Tennessee went after great talent regardless of position and wound up without a true point guard for several years.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
It seems odd to me too and a little bit of the past repeating itself where Tennessee went after great talent regardless of position and wound up without a true point guard for several years.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
It's rubbing off now I'm repeating myself...

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
has anybody heard anything yet on Zandalasini, or is there a surprise coming on 11/12?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
It is impossible to avoid thinking that Geno will make Ms Zandalasini an offer that she can't refuse.

Reaction Score
With some of the best apizza on the planet in Ct., she simply cannot go to California.

It would be an INFAMIA!!!

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
well Cal thinks they are out of the running....

Reaction Score
\
SON: not to mention a name that is nothing short of melodic...on top of that step back jumper that could be a dagger. Know I'm going out on a limb here (been there), but with little data I'm starting to hope we go after this kid for many reasons.
With her name she could be our diva.

Reaction Score
It is impossible to avoid thinking that Geno will make Ms Zandalasini an offer that she can't refuse.
If we did get her would there still be an opening for a Big (greater need)?

Reaction Score
If we did get her would there still be an opening for a Big (greater need)?
Yes, recruiting a Big would remain a priority even if we did get Ms. Z. Are there any reports either she is interested in Uconn or vice-versa?

Reaction Score

SLU: nice call on Dangerfield. Crystal ball looking a little better re Cox now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom