CD Post-game | The Boneyard

CD Post-game

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
  • Team didn't play well but gutted out a big win in a great environment. We made big plays when we needed to make them.
  • Geno challenged Bria at halftime and that kid is one of the toughest we've ever had. She responded in the second half. Bria and Moriah did a terrific job on Sims, esp once we stopped fouling her.
  • First half not one of smartest halves of basketball. We made dumb fouls.
  • Moriah was terrific. Family present not sure how that will go. Baylor guarded her like Stanford and she handled it very well.
  • Kiah played very well and gained confidence from game on Saturday.
  • Baylor flops a lot.
  • Didn't get the ball down low enough. Need to work on that, get better angles and make better decisions.

Reaction Score
  • Didn't get the ball down low enough. Need to work on that, get better angles and make better decisions.

Yeah I was wondering about that. How many points in the paint did our front line have in the first half?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Plus, I read she didn't make it home at Xmas because of travel problems so she had some presents waiting for her!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

• [ ]Baylor flops a lot.

Absolutely. Maybe I've got my blue specs on, but when they called KML for the foul and went to the monitor, I was hoping they would see the defender dropped to the floor without contact. I honestly thought they were going to wave off the foul. It was a great acting job, and not the only one.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yep, lots of flopping.

MoJeff made (at least) one great entry pass.

Good for Kiah! She has tons of ability.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Yep, lots of flopping.

MoJeff made (at least) one great entry pass.

Good for Kiah! She has tons of ability.

She may also have the best frame of any player in WCBB. Statuesque !!

You'd think she bails bales hay every summer back in Iowa or something! :p

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah I was wondering about that. How many points in the paint did our front line have in the first half?

Stewart and Dolson need to stop hanging around the three point line and/or jacking up shots from their when they could get a shot closer to the basket. They have to get position before the guards can pass it to them.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Absolutely. Maybe I've got my blue specs on, but when they called KML for the foul and went to the monitor, I was hoping they would see the defender dropped to the floor without contact. I honestly thought they were going to wave off the foul. It was a great acting job, and not the only one.
I agree that they flopped a lot. It seems that it only takes a slight breeze to knock Robertson off her feet.

But don't overlook that CD also admitted that we made dumb fouls on Sims. Those were not flops. They were fouling a three point shot that had little chance of going in. If you are out of position, don't lunge at a 3 point shooter.

I wish some fans would give the Refs some credit. In the second half, when Sims drove the lane, trying to draw a foul, the Refs never called one. Sims is used to getting those calls. Hence, the surprised look on her face. I felt the Refs, especially the dark haired Female, were equal opportunity incompetent. I saw a few times in the second half when Stewart could have been called for a foul. The Baylor fans behind the Baylor basket were screaming for "over the back" fouls on rebounds, so neither team were very happy with the foul calls.

I have to wonder how long some people have been watching WCBB...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I agree that they flopped a lot. It seems that it only takes a slight breeze to knock Robertson off her feet.

But don't overlook that CD also admitted that we made dumb fouls on Sims. Those were not flops. They were fouling a three point shot that had little chance of going in. If you are out of position, don't lunge at a 3 point shooter.

I wish some fans would give the Refs some credit. In the second half, when Sims drove the lane, trying to draw a foul, the Refs never called one. Sims is used to getting those calls. Hence, the surprised look on her face. I felt the Refs, especially the dark haired Female, were equal opportunity incompetent. I saw a few times in the second half when Stewart could have been called for a foul. The Baylor fans behind the Baylor basket were screaming for "over the back" fouls on rebounds, so neither team were very happy with the foul calls.

I have to wonder how long some people have been watching WCBB...
It seemed to me that after the refs reviewed the KML foul they stopped calling the flop-fouls. Maybe they took a closer look when the Baylor player fell to the floor after seeing the flop in slow mo.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This is nothing unusual. I have never seen a player fall as much as she does. Believe me, this was not just in this game. If you sneeze from 25 feet away she will fall down.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
It seemed to me that after the refs reviewed The KML foul they stopped calling the flop-fouls. Maybe they took a closer look when the Baylor player fell to the floor after seeing the flop in slow mo.
Yes, that was Robertson. A tough foul, given that Stef didn't have much room to move. Stef did hit Robertson's arm, but didn't come close to her face. ( Hence, no technical.) But, I guess the breeze from Stef moving the ball was enough to knock Robertson over... In a way, it was a good thing that the Refs took a look at it.

As I said in the game thread, and I could be wrong but, it didn't seem that Dee Kantner was the one making the questionable calls. Did anyone see it differently?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It seemed to me that after the refs reviewed The KML foul they stopped calling the flop-fouls. Maybe they took a closer look when the Baylor player fell to the floor after seeing the flop in slow mo.
Good observation, Nan.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Yes, that was Robertson. A tough foul, given that Stef didn't have much room to move. Stef did hit Robertson's arm, but didn't come close to her face. ( Hence, no technical.) But, I guess the breeze from Stef moving the ball was enough to knock Robertson over... In a way, it was a good thing that the Refs took a look at it.

As I said in the game thread, and I could be wrong but, it didn't seem that Dee Kantner was the one making the questionable calls. Did anyone see it differently?

It was KML, not Dolson.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Dee reffed the Temple game. I personally boo'd her twice during that game and even ThisJustIn made a couple pointed comments on the quality of calls.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

There should be some penalty. While I understand under current rules they can only consult the monitor to look at the foul in question to see if they need call it flagrant there should be an amendment to that. If the player struck on further examination was found to be faking it they should tack on a technical foul to them. And to take it a step further if they are caught doing it 3 times within a season they should be suspended. I'm not advocating that for any flop but specifically the "Swinging Elbow review" situation as that seems to have become a real problem.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
In the first half especially the ref's truly interfered with the ebb and flow of the game with ticky-tacky calls.
I thought the charge on Dolson was particularly egregious.

Nan's observation is right on the money.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
She may also have the best frame of any player in WCBB. Statuesque !!

You'd think she bails hay every summer back in Iowa or something! :p

As someone who has baled literally tons, maybe hundreds of tons, I have to correct the spelling. Sorry. I may regret admitting this,but I love haying. I literally dream about it. Sometimes when I'm driving around and I see someone haying, I'm tempted to stop and ask if I can help.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
It seemed to me that after the refs reviewed the KML foul they stopped calling the flop-fouls. Maybe they took a closer look when the Baylor player fell to the floor after seeing the flop in slow mo.

I didn't think of that until you mentioned it, but you may be right.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As someone who has baled literally tons, maybe hundreds of tons, I have to correct the spelling. Sorry. I may regret admitting this,but I love haying. I literally dream about it. Sometimes when I'm driving around and I see someone haying, I'm tempted to stop and ask if I can help.
Thank for bailing out Mike. :) I think it's more corn than hay in Iowa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom