CD Post-game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

CD Post-game

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
They cannot wave off the foul. They can check to distribute it properly and they can check for flagrancy.
Although the NCAA's write-up was unclear, an article on ESPN indicated that, for the elbow rule, the "foul can be rescinded". The NCAA's write-up says that they have a choice of Flagrant 1, Flagrant 2, Common Foul, or no foul, unless no foul was called during the play, in which case a common foul cannot be assessed.

In the play referenced, the common foul would have been for swinging elbows above the shoulder; the lack of any contact or obvious intent would preclude any flagrant foul.

As an aside, I watched the game and did not think the ref's were all that bad. And yes, Baylor flops, but so do some other teams that I have seen on TV and in person over the years. In fact, I have seen a team practicing flops in the pre-game warmups.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Your TV must not be a good passer.

Or at least not a good listener. I known my TV doesn't seem to listen to me (which I think is an act).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Or at least not a good listener. I known my TV doesn't seem to listen to me (which I think is an act).
You need one of those "smart" TVs. :cool:

Reaction Score
How does the UCONN post let a 5'11" Baylor player grab 17 rebounds?...Poor awareness and Poor boxing out by the BIGS.....Stef should grab 12 to 15 rebounds a game minimum...

yes, the bigs were often not in position to box out as they constantly came out of rebounding position to help on penetration

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
How does the UCONN post let a 5'11" Baylor player grab 17 rebounds?...Poor awareness and Poor boxing out by the BIGS.....Stef should grab 12 to 15 rebounds a game minimum...

right:confused:

HuskyPup

Dislikes Notur-Daim
Reaction Score

The answer is simple.....Geno needs to give Kiah some of those minutes. I honestly think Geno had a flashback of the ND game where he pulled Kiah in the final moments of the FF her freshman year only to give up an offensive rebound to ND. I think that's why he went to alternating Kiah and KML in the final moments of the game. Kiah appears to WANT to rebound and play defense which is of course vital in the waning moments of close games. I think she even blocked a 3 pointer taken from the corner last night. UConn is a beast because of the sum of its parts! I love this team!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Thanks, Knight, I remembered it backwards. I can't believe they didn't take away the foul given that is how the rule is set up.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Although the NCAA's write-up was unclear, an article on ESPN indicated that, for the elbow rule, the "foul can be rescinded". The NCAA's write-up says that they have a choice of Flagrant 1, Flagrant 2, Common Foul, or no foul, unless no foul was called during the play, in which case a common foul cannot be assessed.

Does it resemble the NCAA football targeting/ejection flag-review, then? I can't recall if a foul has to be called and THEN a review for flagrant...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Robertson threw her head back as she started to fall, as if there had been contact with her head, but it was only her arms that KML made contact with. It looked to me like acting and not a reflex to avoid being hit, although that is a nicer interpretation.
In the replay, it was easy to see that Robertson's arms were NOT vertical. The contact was largely because she had her arms at about 30 degrees. When looking closely, I see no foul on Kaleena. It was one of many cases of acting combined with bad officiating.

Reaction Score
I think that's why he went to alternating Kiah and KML in the final moments of the game.

He went to Kiah because KML was not having a great shooting night. If KML was draining 3s like she usually does, she probably wouldn't have come out. Except maybe at the very end when defense was needed more than offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom