Ccsu and Uhart games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ccsu and Uhart games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AS we have seen, getting through December and January may be difficult for college basketball. But as others have noted, it will be easier with fewer kids on campus. And by February, the vaccine should start making a difference. By June life may be close to normal again, if we get a little more luck on vaccine production/distribution. They are talking about producing enough to vaccinate 20 million people a month by January. That would be enough for all the old folks by the end of February. So we will have a season

Reaction Score
AS we have seen, getting through December and January may be difficult for college basketball. But as others have noted, it will be easier with fewer kids on campus. And by February, the vaccine should start making a difference. By June life may be close to normal again, if we get a little more luck on vaccine production/distribution. They are talking about producing enough to vaccinate 20 million people a month by January. That would be enough for all the old folks by the end of February. So we will have a season
The problem is getting enough people to want to take the vaccine. Not everyone will be jumping to take it right away. I think a survey of frontline workers showed only 40 or 60% (can’t remember) would take it. Is that enough? I’m not sure. But it’s a start and better than no vaccine at all

Reaction Score
FS1: Outside of CT, which is the best app laser-focused on solely enabling access to UConn games on FS1 or other Fox networks? With no youngins, Disney+ may not be a necessary alternative. Thanks in advance for helpful insights.

Reaction Score
FS1: Outside of CT, which is the best app laser-focused on solely enabling access to UConn games on FS1 or other Fox networks? With no youngins, Disney+ may not be a necessary alternative. Thanks in advance for helpful insights.

Sling is $30/month and gets you FS1 (but no FS2 in the off chance they do get pushed there later in the season). Going to be hard to beat that when Hulu is $55/month and YouTube TV is $65/month, although Hulu and YouTube TV will get you FS2. All three options should have FOX. Sling is the only one that does not have ESPN family of networks, which is the channel for the Bubbleville games.

Reaction Score
The problem is getting enough people to want to take the vaccine. Not everyone will be jumping to take it right away. I think a survey of frontline workers showed only 40 or 60% (can’t remember) would take it. Is that enough? I’m not sure. But it’s a start and better than no vaccine at all
A lot of those people aren't really going to have much of a choice. Having to take it to keep your employment should be a pretty good motivator.

Reaction Score
Sling is $30/month and gets you FS1 (but no FS2 in the off chance they do get pushed there later in the season). Going to be hard to beat that when Hulu is $55/month and YouTube TV is $65/month, although Hulu and YouTube TV will get you FS2. All three options should have FOX. Sling is the only one that does not have ESPN family of networks, which is the channel for the Bubbleville games.
I’m sure there will be a handful of games on FS2
Get Hulu or YoutubeTV

Reaction Score
What king of rating do you guys think we'll get this season? Considering there will be no fans in the stands, I expect strong numbers throughout the season

Reaction Score

I just got an email saying Hulu tv is going up next month. Can't remember the price... but might make me consider youtube tv going forward. We'll see

Reaction Score
I just got an email saying Hulu tv is going up next month. Can't remember the price... but might make me consider youtube tv going forward. We'll see
Yeah Hulu is going up to $65 next month so same as YouTube TV

Reaction Score
I felt great that the 11/25 8pm Central vs UConn game is listed on the Fox schedule, but it doesn't appear in ESPN's list of games and doesn't appear in CBS list of games being played. Additionally, all the other Big East games with Xavier, Prov, GTown, Butler, and Marquette, appear on my Wed list of FS1 programs on my guide, but the 8pm game is TBA. In his recent interview Hurley was clearly hedging on this game. He said he was concerned because of injury/health concerns that the kids wouldn't be back in game shape after 14 days. I personally think he just wanted more practice before games. In any event it was clear a contract was not signed for these games just 2-3 days ago. In spite of the FS1 listing, are we actually sure we intend to play?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
@NJHoops what is happening here? Season starting in a few days or nah?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

I saw that too . They do need to come up with plans to quarantine and reschedule games if/when players of test positive, but 2 weeks is too long. I think they will come up with something and have the ability to extend the season a bit to make it work - maybe Pitino's May madness is not a bad idea.

Reaction Score
While this article and an earlier poster mentioned the smaller team size than football as an advantage, it's also a disadvantage once there is an infection, if it spreads to 4-5 players or that many need to quarantine, your roster gets thin quickly. With football, that's maybe 5-10% of the team and the loss in quality of play is likely to be much lower - assuming you go ahead with the game(s) minus the quarantined/isolated players.

Reaction Score
A lot of those people aren't really going to have much of a choice. Having to take it to keep your employment should be a pretty good motivator.

That and the 90 and 94.5 percent acquired immunity from the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Fubo has FSN1 and 2 as well and is priced the same as Youtube with more sports

Reaction Score
Some relevant information:

“Once you have 20 to 30 percent of people vaccinated . . . it’ll really start slowing down. We will not be seeing these massive outbreaks they way we’re seeing now.” Jha said. “Once you get to 40 or 50 percent vaccination, it’s going to feel totally different.”

Reaction Score
As I thought last Thursday on the UConn timeslot on 11/25

Another listing by Fox Sports.

Reaction Score
Some relevant information:

“Once you have 20 to 30 percent of people vaccinated . . . it’ll really start slowing down. We will not be seeing these massive outbreaks they way we’re seeing now.” Jha said. “Once you get to 40 or 50 percent vaccination, it’s going to feel totally different.”

With the vaccines working at 95 percent and the cases of vaccinated people being almost all mild, as long as you take them, it should be OK. Let the unvaccinated people take their chances.

Reaction Score
Any insider comments?
Sorry to be redundant, but you'd think at this point there would be some clarity
As of right now the FS1 List of games is the only place I have seen this game specified
The game is not listed on the UConn website schedule
The game is not listed on Central's website schedule
The game is not listed in ESPN's list of all Wed Games
The game is not listed in CBS list of all Wed Games
The FS1 'guide' on my tv for 8pm Wed lists TBA where all the other games that day have all detail
Mid week Hurley said they had not actually signed to play the game
Mid week Hurley said he wasn't going to play if he thought health from injury or the virus was a risk
Today's Courant article notably said whenever the season starts - rather than referring to Wed
C'mon, it's 11/22. UConn doesn't see fit to provide info on their intentions. Really?

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah Hulu is going up to $65 next month so same as YouTube TV

Well, that opens up my second week of December. I was getting irritated by price of YouTube and was going to do a price comparison. If Hulu is going up to same price, no need to switch.

Reaction Score
Any insider comments?
Sorry to be redundant, but you'd think at this point there would be some clarity
As of right now the FS1 List of games is the only place I have seen this game specified
The game is not listed on the UConn website schedule
The game is not listed on Central's website schedule
The game is not listed in ESPN's list of all Wed Games
The game is not listed in CBS list of all Wed Games
The FS1 'guide' on my tv for 8pm Wed lists TBA where all the other games that day have all detail
Mid week Hurley said they had not actually signed to play the game
Mid week Hurley said he wasn't going to play if he thought health from injury or the virus was a risk
Today's Courant article notably said whenever the season starts - rather than referring to Wed
C'mon, it's 11/22. UConn doesn't see fit to provide info on their intentions. Really?
I think that we may have to treat the season like recruiting... It's going to be fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom