Ccsu and Uhart games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ccsu and Uhart games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any insider comments?
Sorry to be redundant, but you'd think at this point there would be some clarity
As of right now the FS1 List of games is the only place I have seen this game specified
The game is not listed on the UConn website schedule
The game is not listed on Central's website schedule
The game is not listed in ESPN's list of all Wed Games
The game is not listed in CBS list of all Wed Games
The FS1 'guide' on my tv for 8pm Wed lists TBA where all the other games that day have all detail
Mid week Hurley said they had not actually signed to play the game
Mid week Hurley said he wasn't going to play if he thought health from injury or the virus was a risk
Today's Courant article notably said whenever the season starts - rather than referring to Wed
C'mon, it's 11/22. UConn doesn't see fit to provide info on their intentions. Really?
I feel the same way. Uconn is doing a horrible job on keeping people informed on the situation.

Reaction Score
I think that we may have to treat the season like recruiting... It's going to be fluid
I understand the need for that, but at some level if you've decided to play the season you need to put out the schedule. We all understand it may change, but it's not fair to both teams to have no idea if a game is even scheduled three days before it may happen. Of course, it may not occur if someone tests positive. But that shouldn't prevent scheduling the game.

Reaction Score

We've learned a lot since China admitted in late January that there was a virus on the loose, but no one has done a good job (including Johns Hopkins) of identifying the key factors about which we should be vigilant
and which might help return some normalcy to life. Part of the problem was the mantra of "follow the science" when we knew nothing about the virus and the Chinese refused to let scientists from around the world into the country to evaluate the early strains, etc. So, it was running wild there for over three months before they told us about it and we lost valuable time and ultimately, lives, while world economies were destroyed.

Factors like the percentage of people within various groups (age, gender, etc.) that have tested positive and the percentage of those who have died for example. We've been given totals of deaths by age groups and it's obviously the elderly are most at risk but we don't know enough to be able to make basic informed decisions as to whether or not to have a family gathering of low risk people.

We should be shown the studies that prove there is a statistically proven benefit to wearing masks, or avoiding gatherings of more than 6 people, or any of the other new norms while it's deemed OK to have riots or political gatherings. Last night, out to dinner with two other couples, one of the guys told me about a well regarded study that showed wearing masks was statistically insignificant. I asked him to send me the info.

My point is that people that are broadly at low risk, like those under 45, are losing their homes, unable to pay their rent or their car payments and kids are being denied an education because we're treating everyone as if they're over 75 and have underlying health problems while the number of deaths from pneumonia still exceed those from Covid19 in the USofA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wednesday has a solid slate of Big East basketball that will set up the UConn game at 8 PM:

Noon: Oakland @ Xavier. Oakland is in the midst of a rebuild, but Greg Kampe has two talented wings in Rashad Williams and Zion Young (32.7 ppg combined) coming in as transfers to lead the offense. Could be interesting.

2 PM: Fairfield @ Providence. Let's go Stags. The Stags bring in two solid transfer with Caleb Green from Holy Cross taking over the starting PG spot and Tshiefy Ngalakulondi from St. Bonaventure. I'm also a fan of long rim protector Chris Maidoh. Providence should win handedly.

4 PM: UMBC @ Georgetown. Upset potential. Georgetown has 8 new faces and UMBC returns six of its seven top scorers so the continuity could haunt Georgetown figuring it out on the fly. Excited to watch UMBC's 5'2 fire hydrant lead guard Darnell Rogers.

7 PM: Villanova vs Boston College. A chance to see Shelton's Rick Kelly play his grad transfer year at BC.

7 PM: Saint Peters @ St. John's. As we saw last year, Saint Peters is a headache to play against as one of the scrappiest defensive teams in the nation.

Butler and Marquette also play that evening.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

1606077147212.gif

Reaction Score
I've used Fubo for years and it's great. Ideal for soccer and CBB, my two favorite sports to watch.
I have Fubo too. It was a little jankey, especially their DVR, a few years ago, but it's gotten much better. Just switched from Hulu to Fubo once the Yankees season ended so I can watch MSG whenever Rangers hockey returns.

Reaction Score
We've learned a lot since China admitted in late January that there was a virus on the loose, but no one has done a good job (including Johns Hopkins) of identifying the key factors about which we should be vigilant
and which might help return some normalcy to life. Part of the problem was the mantra of "follow the science" when we knew nothing about the virus and the Chinese refused to let scientists from around the world into the country to evaluate the early strains, etc. So, it was running wild there for over three months before they told us about it and we lost valuable time and ultimately, lives, while world economies were destroyed.

Factors like the percentage of people within various groups (age, gender, etc.) that have tested positive and the percentage of those who have died for example. We've been given totals of deaths by age groups and it's obviously the elderly are most at risk but we don't know enough to be able to make basic informed decisions as to whether or not to have a family gathering of low risk people.

We should be shown the studies that prove there is a statistically proven benefit to wearing masks, or avoiding gatherings of more than 6 people, or any of the other new norms while it's deemed OK to have riots or political gatherings. Last night, out to dinner with two other couples, one of the guys told me about a well regarded study that showed wearing masks was statistically insignificant. I asked him to send me the info.

My point is that people that are broadly at low risk, like those under 45, are losing their homes, unable to pay their rent or their car payments and kids are being denied an education because we're treating everyone as if they're over 75 and have underlying health problems while the number of deaths from pneumonia still exceed those from Covid19 in the USofA.

Bruh.

Reaction Score
There were almost 2 million tests on Saturday, so the 177,000 positives were about a 9% positive rate. High but not the 21% we saw in April. And the FDA approved Regeneron yesterday and 80,000 doses will be ready by the end of the month. We keep getting better at this every day.

I freely admit I am willing to look for any silver lining that let's us play basketball this week. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Hurley probably wanted to see how weekend practices go to make sure team is ready given two week COVID break before signing contracts

So basically your saying Dom amore is in the dark about this just like the rest of us

Reaction Score

This doesn't get to what you're talking about specifically, but it does debunk the sweeping narrative of "We know nothing about this virus!" that's plagued a lot of public and interpersonal communication. It turns out that while there's elements we're not aware of, there's a lot of relevant prior experience with other coronaviruses that should have and should continue to guide public health and medical decisions. It's a really good read.

For reference, the author is a strongly regarded epidemiologist from Harvard and not some fringe scientist peddling hydroxychloroquine and Clorox as the solution.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This doesn't get to what you're talking about specifically, but it does debunk the sweeping narrative of "We know nothing about this virus!" that's plagued a lot of public and interpersonal communication. It turns out that while there's elements we're not aware of, there's a lot of relevant prior experience with other coronaviruses that should have and should continue to guide public health and medical decisions. It's a really good read.

For reference, the author is a strongly regarded epidemiologist from Harvard and not some fringe scientist peddling hydroxychloroquine and Clorox as the solution.
BLAH BLAH BLAH

Reaction Score

Unfortunately, while “not being a fringe scientist peddling hydroxchloroquine and Clorox as a solution” is a positive for functional thinking humans, you’re dealing with Watchdog.

Heck of an effort though.

Reaction Score

You’re missing the whole point. It’s not about the low risk people getting it and getting sick/dieing. It’s about them getting it and then passing it along to others who in turn get sick and die. The protocols put in place are to stop the spread. I never understood all these people having hissy fits about it being a free country and they can choose to not wear a mask. It’s the most selfish stance you can take. You do it to protect your neighbor, protect your parents. I’m not scared of getting the virus. But I am scared of my in-laws or my mom getting it. And there’s people out there who could give a less about spreading it to them because they think they will be fine and only care about themself.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, while “not being a fringe scientist peddling hydroxchloroquine and Clorox as a solution” is a positive for functional thinking humans, you’re dealing with Watchdog.

Heck of an effort though.
I don't have a lot of experience with him so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member