Castle reclass??? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Castle reclass???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Dude, Jay Wright has been at Nova for 20 years. It took him time to figure it out. Hurley will too

Yeah - lets see
In year 4 at Nova Wright made it to Sweet 16 and lost by 1 pt to #1 UNC
In year 5 at Nova Wright won the OBE title and made the Elite Eight
In year 6 at Nova Wright won the OBE title and made the Elite Eight
You remember the program Hurley inherited, right? The ship had sunk and they were in an inferior conference. Wright was in the OBE with a team that could not have been nearly as broken as UConn was.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you Hurley is perfect and hasnt made mistakes. He clearly has.

What i can tell you is that we were ranked most of the season and are now our fan base is complaining about first world problems. Before Hurley got here we'd KILL to have the problems we're having now.

I expect Hurley to put in the work and right the ship. (even though it really isnt that bad)

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
it's more like no one is allowed to give Hurley credit for what he has done post-Ollie
he is not perfect like Jay Wright .... but has headed for Winning
'but has headed for Winning'
ok. when? and what will define that 'winning?'

people got all kinds of stories when the bills come due, but get cranky when the utilities shut off for non payment.

danny, the bill is due. stories won't cut it anymore.

Reaction Score
Agreed. But saying we’d kill for it sounds like it’s fine to just make the tournament

Somewhere between Ollie haters and Hurley lovers there is an answer to this NJHusky lol. I agree with you but I see some of where they are going in the sense it's better than it was. No matter, the one and dones now need to end as expectations 5 years in escalate.

Reaction Score
Somewhere between Ollie haters and Hurley lovers there is an answer to this NJHusky lol. I agree with you but I see some of where they are going in the sense it's better than it was. No matter, the one and dones now need to end as expectations 5 years in escalate.
Agree completely here. It’s not fair to Hurley to compare him to Wright’s early years as DH did inherit a program in the doldrums after KO. On the other hand, it’s still UConn and now we’re back in the BE. Five years in and no tournament wins isn’t a great look. This year looks like it will be an interesting one. If we don’t make significant progress next year or especially the year after, it’s not crazy to question if DH is really the right guy 7 years in. I love DH as well, but his repeatedly using the state of the program when he came in needs to end now as well. The entire roster is of his own construction. Time to put up or shut up

Reaction Score
Five years in and no tournament wins isn’t a great look.

4 years years in not 5 and one of those years there was no tournament and our team led by Vital was heating up when Covid hit...

and Bouknight (and Cole who was concussed) wasn't himself when we played Maryland. Really (if we are being fair, which many here are not) we are talking about one disappointing loss in the tournament and for that we have a goon squad of belligerent dopes turning this place into a psycho ward.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The entire roster is of his own construction. Time to put up or shut up
Using the JC timeline, he gets nine more years to make the Final Four. If he doesn't do it by then, we should talk. I think part of the issue is that he's gotten hopes up too high. He's overachieved with the players he has during the regular season. Let's be honest, a 5th seed with your best 2 (of 3) players coming from Howard and Rhody. That's good coaching.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
4 years years in not 5 and one of those years there was no tournament and our team led by Vital was heating up when Covid hit...

and Bouknight (and Cole who was concussed) wasn't himself when we played Maryland. Really (if we are being fair, which many here are not) we are talking about one disappointing loss in the tournament.

5 years in and there's only been 3 NCAA tournaments actually played and we've only been to 2 of them! An outrage!

Reaction Score

and Bouknight (and Cole who was concussed) wasn't himself when we played Maryland. Really (if we are being fair, which many here are not) we are talking about one disappointing loss in the tournament.
Everyone in college basketball dealt with craziness the past couple of years. Pretty soon boneyarders will have that 2019-2020 UConn team cutting down the nets.

Reaction Score

and Bouknight (and Cole who was concussed) wasn't himself when we played Maryland. Really (if we are being fair, which many here are not) we are talking about one disappointing loss in the tournament and for that we have a goon squad of belligerent dopes turning this place into a psycho ward.

Oh I forgot Bouk wasn't the same what are we thinking. I guess maybe the other 31 teams who left the same 2 days have someone who wasn't playing as well either. Belligerent dopes LOL

Reaction Score
Oh I forgot Bouk wasn't the same what are we thinking. I guess maybe the other 31 teams who left the same 2 days have someone who wasn't playing as well either. Belligerent dopes LOL
The whole team lost its identity when bouk came back. Chemistry went away and ball watching set in waiting for him to do something spectacular or just take over the game and win it.

Reaction Score

I should have provided more detail for the Goldfish Memory Club (my bad), Bouknight wasn't himself because he was coming off mid season elbow surgery which destroyed his shooting touch.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Everyone in college basketball dealt with craziness the past couple of years. Pretty soon boneyarders will have that 2019-2020 UConn team cutting down the nets.
I’m pretty sure we already decided on here we were winning it all in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom