Castle injury update | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Castle injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Look we aren't entitled to the information, especially when it's about a kid who's expected to be a lottery pick. The wrong statement can actually have an impact on the kids career.

That being said, Hurley is still really bad with how he communicates injuries to the fanbase. The player almost always has a more serious issue than what he says and they rarely come back during the given timeline. It's frustrating. It's not the end of the world and fans have to deal with being frustrated sometimes but he could do a better job.
As a fan, I much prefer Hurley's vagueness and head fakes regarding injuries. Why on earth would you want your opponents to have accurate and detailed information??!! This isn't a CYO league; this is big time college athletics. It worked well for Bill Belichick for decades, so let's do the same. And I totally respect the player's and family's wishes for privacy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UConn will not beat with or without Castle. They miss Jackson and the energy he could bring! It will take time to see if the intangibles Jackson brought to the team can be replicated!
This is dumb considering what KU lost. Hunter is a very good player, but Clingan will present problems for him. Karaban and KJ are almost opposites, a high skill player against a low skill max athlete. Harris and Newton is two good senior PGs. Cam is better than Elmarko at this point. McCullar is better than whoever backs up Castle, but KU lacks depth. Neither team has a clear advantage.

Reaction Score
Most college athletes are not being paid. The NCAA is much more than P5 football and basketball.

They also aren't being paid by the school.

How is it you manage to consistently say the foolish thing?
We have some real characters on this board but I would think every teams message boards has them

Reaction Score
Karaban has been mocked late first in several sims.

Guess I’ve missed those. The mock drafts I’ve seen that even include Karaban all have him solidly in the second round. I don’t think it’s remotely a sure thing that he leaves after this year.

Reaction Score
I always assumed it also applied to medical services provided by school staff. Like the athletic trainer, for example.
You’re kind of a dick. I do enjoy your posts and have over the years, but I’ve never seen anyone point out what a dick you are. Keep up the good work. Also, I hope these posts by Palatine and others genuinely enrage you in your day to day life.

Reaction Score
Serious question, has every coach who told the media what’s wrong with their player, violated HIPAA? Why is this a thing now?
Only in some instances, not all. They have to be part of the educational record or the school's health clinic.
Good golly molly, can we move on! The player is hurt and not playing the school , coaches and family can decide what they want to tell us fans. Cheer for the team or not

Reaction Score
You’re kind of a dick. I do enjoy your posts and have over the years, but I’ve never seen anyone point out what a dick you are. Keep up the good work. Also, I hope these posts by Palatine and others genuinely enrage you in your day to day life.

I don't remember what Pal posted; I hope it was at least one of his better trolls.

I'm not sure what the protocol on the yard is here. Do I challenge you to fight now? Do we post our credit scores?

Reaction Score
Castle injury is a bummer, but opens the door for other freshmen to get some meaningful PT. Maybe a silver lining is it helps one of them take a step up a year earlier.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Not what UConn or the fans want but this will help the depth which will help later in the season. You have to make the best about the situation.

Reaction Score
342. This is like golf, right?
You’re probably going to beat me in both. I should clarify, I actually love most of your comments. When you correct someone on here I noticed it’s the sort of soul crushing retort that would make for a searing memory if it happened in a live setting. Don’t change a thing.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
HIPPA only applies to health care providers, health insurance companies and and Healthcare entities.

People assume HIPAA applies to everyone. In reality, it only applies to covered entities — like medical professionals and health plans.

It's super annoying, my work made us watch a video that claims we're violating HIPPA if we say something like "Oh man, Jane must be off her meds today".

Sucks that Castle is hurt, hope it heals 100% and he's back soon. I was looking forward to seeing him play next week but this hopefully propels Ball's improvements.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Oh... I agree! But last year, whenever the double BIG or Clingan and Sonogo was suggested it was considered a bad idea by many here at the yard
I guess I am old enough not to care what others think. Also Sanogo and Clingan are both classic back to the basket posts. There is little upside to playing them together. Samson is very mobile and is supposed to have a decent midrange jumper.. that is why I think Samson and Clingan will work.

Reaction Score
I guess I am old enough not to care what others think. Also Sanogo and Clingan are both classic back to the basket posts. There is little upside to playing them together. Samson is very mobile and is supposed to have a decent midrange jumper.. that is why I think Samson and Clingan will work.
I didn’t want them together because of offense last year just wanted clingan to get more minutes and that seemed like the only way. We were getting torched at the rim when he wasn’t in during that losing stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom