Castle injury update | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Castle injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
"He's looking anywhere from early December to after that," Hurley said. "It's like maybe a two, three, four-week thing. It was a very minor procedure and the best-case scenario for him. He looks better already today. Great athletes tend to recover faster.

"He just had to get a little bit of clean-up. He didn't tear anything, just a very minor procedure."

Alternate access:

UConn men's basketball freshman Stephon Castle will miss at least two weeks with knee injury

Guess it wasn’t insane to share this information after all. Who woulda thought?

Someone tell Dan he’s violating Castles privacy.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It’s already been mentioned, but the silver lining here is obvious. Solo and Ross/Stewart are gonna benefit greatly from these upcoming OOC games with the extended minutes. This should make us a better team when Castle returns.

Reaction Score
Pro vs Con.

Con- Steph could miss Kansas/UNC/Zaga or some combo of that

Pro- Last year we missed Hawk & Dre for games early in the season, allowed guys like Joey & others to get more acclimated and confident with the team. It worked out well for us all said & done

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

How does that not satisfy the "give us his medical information" whiners? What else do you realistically expect the guy to say?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
It would have saved a lot of aggravation if that was known earlier in the day. DH “ It looks better already”. For me that does explain a lot. A procedure is not an MRI or surgery. Forgot about the other thing they sometimes do when there is swelling in the knee. Has anyone ever seen those needles?
So your complaint is that it was too late in the day?

Reaction Score
UConn will not beat with or without Castle. They miss Jackson and the energy he could bring! It will take time to see if the intangibles Jackson brought to the team can be replicated!

Reaction Score
UConn will not beat with or without Castle. They miss Jackson and the energy he could bring! It will take time to see if the intangibles Jackson brought to the team can be replicated!
“Kansas”

Reaction Score
To answer your question, missing 2-4 weeks.
Like I said 2-4 weeks is nothing. There ARE other players on the team you know, including two 2024 first round picks and another guy who could could go early 2nd if everything breaks right.

The games prior to conference competition is just college basketball foreplay anyway. This mess about 'Quad 1 winz'......like UCONN won't make the tournament if we lose a few of these December games LOL.

Makes no difference where we are seeded so long as we are as healthy as possible come tournament time. We somehow filched a natty w/o a 1 or 2 seed last year and I'm pretty damn sure Hurley could carry it off again if necessary.

Come to think of it I bet Hurley would view that as a pretty good challenge, not only repeating but doing it out of a low at large seed. Gotta amp up the degree of difficulty for #2 or #6 depending on your perspective.

Reaction Score
As I was saying...

I love that Coach Hurley wore his flat-brimmed hat during his Castle injury update presser…likely just to troll the BY goofballs who can’t stand that hat!

Also…love this HIPAA-adherent statement:

Reporter: So what are they saying it is? Like…As far as the problem?

Hurley: Just…you know…some stuff.

Reaction Score
Well forget about Kansas game. I
Am Hoping unc game. Most likely zags. Sux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom