Castle injury update | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Castle injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Glad it’s supposed to be a short recovery. I’m not even thinking about it from the standpoint of seeding or rankings or losing games. I just feel bad for him and I was really really looking forward to seeing him play against the big boys. you have to agree, this is probably the best out of conference schedule We’ve had in many many years and for him to miss those games and not experience that really sucks. But I’m over it - let’s get ready for tmrw and hopefully he’s back for at least unc and zags. Let’s go!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Come on man. This little girl goes back to the Calhoun era. You can do better than this.
It's not the GIF it the poor use of it.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
Glad it’s supposed to be a short recovery. I’m not even thinking about it from the standpoint of seeding or rankings or losing games. I just feel bad for him and I was really really looking forward to seeing him play against the big boys. you have to agree, this is probably the best out of conference schedule We’ve had in many many years and for him to miss those games and not experience that really sucks. But I’m over it - let’s get ready for tmrw and hopefully he’s back for at least unc and zags. Let’s go!!!
but what if we still win a game or two against the big boys?

Reaction Score
Injuries are part of sports. Dan and Momma C appear to be comfortable about Steph's 2-4 week injury rehab window. We have one of the top training staffs/medical doc/SnC coaches in CBB. The good news? Early season injury that should allow him to be ready to go in the next few weeks and be back around the start of the BE season.

We have two very experienced 5th year guards/returning National Champion players, and young alphas who came to UConn for the challenge of the bright lights/competition and to develop themselves as players.

Champions don't make excuses. They suck it up with the next man up mentality. Steph will be missed but we have the roster to deal with this adversity. Next up-- MSG.. Let's do this.

Reaction Score
Please forgive me. I am old and still remember Robert Parish and Kevin McHale. One mobile big and one traditional post.
Oh... I agree! But last year, whenever the double BIG or Clingan and Sonogo was suggested it was considered a bad idea by many here at the yard

Reaction Score
Very bad news. Goodbye any chance for #6. He probably had significant ligament damage, but not enough for immediate surgery.

We've seen this story before. Castle will try to come back in January or February and won't be anywhere near the player he was. Then, they'll just shut him down the rest of the year.
There are glass half full people and glass half empty people. You are a glass is completely empty person. Hope you don’t act like this in real life.

Reaction Score
No, probably not. If you give permission for someone to do anything with your medical information (by signing a waiver form for example-something we’ve probably all done as part of medical care across different caregivers-whether we realized what we were signing or not lol) then it’s no longer a HIPAA violation.
Actually, HIPAA doesn’t apply to college coaches. People assume HIPAA applies to everyone. In reality, it only applies to covered entities — like medical professionals and health plans.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We are not entitled to the information just because we're fans.
Thanks for putting this thought into a single sentence. I agree.

I'd like UConn to make every basket, successfully defend against every shot, and win every game.

I'd like to win every recruiting battle.

I'd like there to be no injuries or off-court misbehaviors that could compromise performance or cause embarrassment.

I'd like to be informed so that I don't feel like a fool for not knowing things that arise without specific expectation.

I stay away from trying to be the first to know, or predicting things first, or making wild claims or speculating too heavily, so as not to be foolish when more is known.

I'd bet heavily against my second, third and fourth paragraphs are coming true. The rest is just trying to avoid feeling foolish from two different directions.

Some-to-many people see & feel things differently from me, and I'm unlikely to change their thoughts or feelings or perspectives or behaviors. I have no wish to be more like them. I have negative & positive thoughts and opinions about many posts. Water is wet.

The team plays one game at a game.

Tomorrow's opponent is Indiana. You can already surmise that I'd prefer Stephon Castle would be healthy, playing, playing well, and contributing to a smashing victory.

I don't bet on team performance and outcomes. I wish the coaches and players to be well-prepared to make the most of all available resources.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Actually, HIPAA doesn’t apply to college coaches. People assume HIPAA applies to everyone. In reality, it only applies to covered entities — like medical professionals and health plans.

Depending on how medical transactions are conducted, they may be subject to HIPAA privacy rules. In any event, they are covered by FERPA, which applies to student medical records.

Reaction Score
Depending on how medical transactions are conducted, they may be subject to HIPAA privacy rules. In any event, they are covered by FERPA, which applies to student medical records.

I was thinking about this when he posted. Does a college athlete's medical records fall under FERPA? What if he got the surgery done on his own dime?

I always assumed it coveted high school sports, but never actually verified. No one really ever asked me, thought when someone would ask about a kid with a hurt knee, I would usually resort to "horrific bear attack, but he's okay"

Reaction Score
I was thinking about this when he posted. Does a college athlete's medical records fall under FERPA? What if he got the surgery done on his own dime?

I always assumed it coveted high school sports, but never actually verified. No one really ever asked me, thought when someone would ask about a kid with a hurt knee, I would usually resort to "horrific bear attack, but he's okay"
High school players are not adults being paid to play.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
If it is a knee injury the only minor procedure I know of is related to meniscus. It used to be they removed very small tears and the recovery was just a few weeks. I had my first meniscus surgery 40 years ago when arthroscopic surgery was just starting. They removed a small piece that was torn and I was running in two weeks and playing basketball at about four weeks. Now they have learned better to repair than remove for long term health of the joint. When they repair meniscus with sutures recovery is more like 8 weeks and could be longer. Some of you have to have noticed this over the past 10 or 15 years athletes returning from meniscus/cartilage injuries has gotten longer than it was in the 80’s and 90’s. I am not speculating on what happened to SC or even his injury. I have just had a lot of knee surgeries in my life (6) including an ACL repair so I have picked up a ton of information. Someone asked about a minor procedure on the knee. There are a few things I think they can do with a PCL strain that speeds up recovery but I don’t know much about that process. My guess if he had a procedure we won’t see him again until the new year.
Yes, that was the decision that Dyson made to get the menus Ak repair and forfeit the capability to return

Reaction Score
FERPA applies to educational records

Reaction Score
Student health records are considered PII subject to FERPA.
Only in some instances, not all. They have to be part of the educational record or the school's health clinic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom